#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ mudlark, I don't know how you got any of that from my post, since I neither said nor suggested any such thing.
I think it is essential they question the character of the “ Victims”. From all reports they snuck into a restricted area, where DeGoey was and tried to steal $700 bottle of booze. I’d say the alleged Victims knew what they were doing and I can’t see how you can’t see how I interpreted what you said as other than how I replied. Specifically, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they were know to the “Victims “. I’m more inclined to call them the perps.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Big T »

mudlark wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^ mudlark, I don't know how you got any of that from my post, since I neither said nor suggested any such thing.
I think it is essential they question the character of the “ Victims”. From all reports they snuck into a restricted area, where DeGoey was and tried to steal $700 bottle of booze. I’d say the alleged Victims knew what they were doing and I can’t see how you can’t see how I interpreted what you said as other than how I replied. Specifically, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they were know to the “Victims “. I’m more inclined to call them the perps.
Bloody oath. Dirt bags.
Buon Giorno
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

mudlark wrote: I think it is essential they question the character of the “ Victims.
Mate it’s over. Judgement passed. Time for everyone to move on and get the focus back on footy
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

mudlark wrote:
...and yet, the court found JDG guilty of harassment and not a single charge was ever laid against the victims.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Bingo Rudey
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:Mate it’s over. Judgement passed. Time for everyone to move on and get the focus back on footy
An excellent thought, and with it we'll close this thread.
robevpau1

JDG final comment.

Post by robevpau1 »

Jordan De Goey has pleaded guilty to harassment 2nd degree. (violation not a crime), telling a New York judge: “I’d like to apologize for my actions..” He’ll now complete 10 therapy sessions focusing on alcohol and anger management. @9NewsAUS @TheTodayShow.

Post by #26 »

The AFL investigation into JDG is complete and the club says the matter is now officially closed. He's free to play. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.ne ... /100904530
E

Post by E »

#26 wrote:The AFL investigation into JDG is complete and the club says the matter is now officially closed. He's free to play. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.ne ... /100904530
As predicted all along by someone who has spent a lot of time at PHD!!! Nothing to see here. Never really was. I laugh now as i recall the De Goey thread and how passionate everyone was to be rid of DeGoey. Its worth scrolling through the pages. quite entertaining.

You are such a passionate lot who have no hesitation to judge without facts and hate without reason. But that's for your own players. I notice you always give the other teams the benefit of the doubt. its strange. you are like Philly fans and its part of the reason Ben Simmons left. Negative fans destroy careers.

And for clarity, i am talking in general and not about any one person. My comments are based on the general flavor discerned from the DeGoey thread. I hope you read thiss observation in that spirit.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-11/ ... /100904530
The AFL says Collingwood's Jordan De Goey will donate $10,000 to charity following a highly-publicised altercation in a New York bar last year.

The AFL announced on Friday evening it had completed its investigation into De Goey's conduct overseas.

De Goey was found to have breached AFL rules "by engaging in conduct unbecoming".
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

A Herald Sun Jordan De Goey assumption

Post by BazBoy »

Last edited by BazBoy on Fri May 06, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

Would recommend spelling players' names out in thread titles, as I'm not sure it's clear who "JG" is (I'm guessing Jordan de Goey?)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Oops my bad
Jordan De Goey
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Surely he sticks with the club that has supported him immensely the whole time?!?
It's unreal isn't it, I'd give my left nut to (have the ability) pull on a Collingwood jumper and play for the greatest club on the planet my entire career.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »