decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Decent might be a fair stretch, but TV series "Peacemaker". It's a spin off from the last Suicide Squad movie starring John Cena as the most F'd up superhero wanna be I've ever seen. Written and directed by James Gunn who really should try normal mushrooms in his breakfast omelette. I think he's channeling Robert Rodriques machete vibe.

It's car crash NFK and I just put it on series record.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.

Post by #26 »

Euphoria is all the rage with the teenagers at the moment, which means that as a parent of a teenager I'm watching it too. It's not bad. Last week's episode was actually quite impressive.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

It's not new but I'm just delving into Derry Girls, and it's hilarious!
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

SAS Australia is back. Interesting cast, liking the look of it so far.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

This is the Intro to Peacemaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mrr3UNALww

Someone was on drugs, but it's surprisingly infective.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

roar wrote:It's not new but I'm just delving into Derry Girls, and it's hilarious!
Watched a couple of episodes last night, agree its really funny (once you get used to the strong Irish accents)
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Dark Beanie wrote:The Book of Boba Fett on Disney Plus.

If you watched & enjoyed The Mandalorian, you will like this.
First 2 episodes have been great, as usual visually great but also good storytelling. Temuera Morrison once again plays Boba Fett, supported by Ming-Na Wen as the assassin Fennec Shand (also seen in the Mandalorian).
Thought all the episodes were right on the money, at a consistent pace.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Dirty John, first season is a real WTF, some women are so dumb!

Second about Betty Broderick, I saw her on Oprah years ago, if there is any truth to this series about it, I don’t damn blame her! Gaslighting on steroids, what an asshole
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

the i - land, or maybe 1-land, on netflix, mind **** but not bad! cute people!!!

netflix again, Cleveland abduction, i follow one of the ladies on facebook, shes so inspiring, hell they all are. they all used some of their packages they got to help others in some way. i just wish the prick was suffering in jail to see them thriving.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

stui magpie wrote:SAS Australia is back. Interesting cast, liking the look of it so far.
My old man was in the first SAS regiment in Swanbourne. He reckons that show is not even close to how his training was. The major difference, they were never yelled at like that.

I just finished watching 'The Last Kingdom', hot on the heels of finishing 'Vikings'. Both series totally grabbed me and I had a couple of days on my R n R's where I just chilled out and watched whole seasons.

Any recommendations on series like those?.... I can't read through 90 pages, so forgive me if this has already been asked/answered.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Yellowstone, violent as ****! Watch 4 seasons in 3 days!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I haven't watched this, but read this article the other day and went WTF.
The discovery of the cult Japanese show Old Enough! was met with shock and disbelief by my children.

“They’re allowed to do that?” they asked slack jawed as they watched a two-year-old Japanese boy toddle across a road to a supermarket to pick up some fish cakes and curry sauce for dinner.

The premise of the show streaming on Netflix is that in each 10-minute episode a child sets off from home to complete a task by themselves for the first time. Often it involves them walking long distances and crossing several roads. They usually return triumphant with a laden shopping bag.

Hajimete no otsukai, which translates as “first errand”, has been screening on Japanese television for more than three decades.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 5aiv9.html

2 years old? :shock: I could barely trust my kids to go to the toilet without supervision at 2 years old, let alone walk to the shops
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Watching Hunted on 10.

basic premise, a bunch of 2 person teams start in the CBD and scatter, trying to avoid capture for (I think) 21 days.

Hand over the phones up front, limited funds, the drama is in how the hunters try to track them down. It really is an eye opener how much tech can be used to track your movements. hacking emails and social media, using telemetry to track vehicles, tracking location of mobile phones of potential associates.

Interesting and disturbing.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I've been watching Irma Vep on Binge. Interesting remake of a classic French film of the same name from the mid '90s, directed by the same guy (Olivier Assayas). Pretty strong cast, and three episodes in it's already living up to expectations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCPgRPEE4GY
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange