#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Lipinski is the one that swaps with De Goey.

Pat often starts at Half Fwd, De Goey in the centre bounce and they swap after that.
CaptainSnooze

Post by CaptainSnooze »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Lipinski is the one that swaps with De Goey.

Pat often starts at Half Fwd, De Goey in the centre bounce and they swap after that.
Yes, but Lipinski doesn't do the defensive running for Degoey. He is a ball winner in his own right, averaging 25 touches a game (had 29/30 touches 4 of last 6 games). Interestingly, in the last 2 games, Lipinski has only got around 25% of his touches in the defensive half and they have not been deep in defence.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Jordan DeGoey goes to Bali

Post by inxs88 »

Sorry naysayers but Jordan going to Bali for the break is a goose decision and defies the optics, common sense and opens up greater temptations than if we to go to Portsea. Simply don't understand how he had the confidence to ask the club or think it was appropriate.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Recepy for bad incidents waiting to happen just wish it was only local
stui magpie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Good on him, hope he has a good time, but not too good if you know what I mean.

Perfect opportunity for him to demonstrate that the penny has dropped and he's grown up, or not. Can't keep him in cotton wool forever.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Right, nothing bad ever happens in Portsea or Melbourne
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Nothing bad ever happens in Portsea or Melbourne
Very good. Yuppie Polo perhaps
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Oh dear, all fingers and toes, neatly crossed.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I agree we can't keep Jordy DeGoey in cotton wool, locked away in the depths of the AIA Center. Hopefully the penny has dropped with Jordan and he'll keep himself out of any trouble whilst refreshing his mind and body in the warmth of Bali for a few days.
Worst case scenario and he can't avoid trouble and ends up disgracing himself again then whilst that could derail the clubs recent steps forward in season 2022, it would probably answer the question once and for all on if Collingwood should match any offers to him at the end of this season and simply move on to recover as much compensation for loosing a match winning superstar, albeit one trouble attracting superstar that is only a few stuff-ups from ruining his AFL career.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

If he decides to be a dickhead in Bali too, then he will be disciplined and maybe find his way back onto the list again... or maye not.

Or maybe we should stop expecting that he is a game avatar that can be switched off.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by piffdog »

I think it’s a test by the club. He goes and nothing bad happens they see some evidence that he’s straightening up. Something does happen then his value plummets and/or they decide to let him walk.

Let’s be honest none of us will care where he’s having a break if there is o incident and he comes back and polls 15 Brownlow votes in the second half of the season…

I genuinely don’t care where he holidays - the proof will be in the pudding.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

Timely reminder that independent players are human beings, that playing football is just their work, and that we (and the club) don't own them. If he wants to take a holiday on his coin in a week the club isn't playing, then that's his call. Shouldn't even need to ask or get permission.

By the same token, he and everyone else knows full well that any further "incidents" will be unacceptable, and that that's the case whether he's in Ibiza or an Antarctic research station.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Apparently, the Amish Farmhouse & Village Tour was booked out
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Good on him. I hope he has a great time and recharges those batteries of his for the big run home. You should have more faith in the lad.I do. If he's eft alone by the basic moron, nothing will happen.
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

Apparently Tom Browne and Sam McClure are hiding in bins at Potato Head Bar.