#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

The problem DeGoey now has and one that will remain with him for the rest of his career is that he is now a media target for incident reporting regardless of its quality.

Due to his poor record of misdemeanors, disrespect towards women and general unsociable behaviour coupled with him being a very good footballer that plays for Collingwood and being a household name means he needs to be much more self-aware of his social status.

Now, he clearly (as it appears) has done nothing 'legally' wrong here outside of giving a sexist gesture, partying in Bali, getting drunk and fraternising with the opposite sex and the opposite sex can be very difficult for young men to resist, especially if they are window shopping their assets around you.

Having said all of that, for Jordy to not understand that it would be in his best interests to not put himself into these situations, stay in Victoria, keep his nose clean (figuratively speaking!!) and just let the media cool down on him for a couple of years is concerning. It tells me he genuinely has shit for brains or just does not care at all about his public image and how this reflects on the club that has supported him emotionally and financially.

It just isn't a good look for anyone involved. He needs to mature asap, he's not a kid anymore. At some point you need to stop behaving in these ways and begin actual meaningful relationships with women showing a little bit of class in the process.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If you’re right, Monco, a big if from me,,then the media must take responsibility for creating this issue as much as Jordy does.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Yes. It's compleely irrelevant to say that the media doesn't do this to other players at other clubs - he isn't another player at another club. He's a Collingwood player and that's always been much bigger news. It's like being a member of the Royal Family - the media follows him because he's newsworthy. He's newsworthy only because he plays football for Collingwood. Otherwise, he's just another ostensibly dumb bloke apparently making a bit of a clown of himself in Bali. The list is long, of course - but most of them don't play in the Collingwood midfield, so mostly no-one cares.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

So Stui are you saying it’s staged/a set up/ photoshopped thing
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Well the good news is, he’s likely just saved us $100,000 in our salary cap.
Nobody has yet put forward the possibility of DeGoey actually enjoying the limelight and notoriety that comes with his antics. Let’s be honest, it’s not like he’s made any effort to shy away from the headlines during his time in the AFL. It takes a lot of different personalities and characters to make up a society and DeGoey strikes me as some kind of wannabe gangster who just couldnt quite pull it off. There are plenty out there who actually get their kicks from breaking all the rules. Notorious J D G. It’s got a good ring to it.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

BazBoy wrote:So Stui are you saying it’s staged/a set up/ photoshopped thing
I just heard this from a mate at another club, Jordy played it up for the cameras and the media fell for it.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Overall as P4S said he is always going to be a media target and has to behave like a man , not a man child.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

In some of those countries the women stand out in the street in packs and cry out for you to come and spend time i.e. money, with them. They are fast machines and keep their motors relatively clean.

He needs to do what Warnie did before he unfortunately died, have a 'room massage' and not put on a show at the bar.
Get back on top.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

I think JDG did it just to tease the media.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:Thanks thinkpositive.

Yes there seem to be a few who are more outraged by someone filming him than the actual “incident” itself.

Everyone has a mobile phone. Everyone is a journalist these days. Everyone knows that. There are no surprises when you are filmed these days.

Hopefully it isn’t him pulling on the top.
It’s probably someone he’s with filming it too, a hanger on, someone who recognised him, even one of the girls, she sends it to a friend, wham, viral. Fact I’d these days if you don’t want to get caught acting like a sex mad fool, sniffing drugs, clouting someone, don’t do it around anyone else, because, yes someone will have a phone, and they might want their moment in the spotlight, let’s not forget why kim kartrashian is famous, watch one idiot episode of big brother, or MAFS, absolutely no shame, even bad publicity that makes you look like a slut or bogan fool is good publicity. It’s disgraceful.

Bailey Smith is happy though!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

What'sinaname wrote:He looks like a dickhead regardless.

The pulling on the girl's top is a scumbag move. If she's not a friend, and it is JDG, then yes, this story blows up when she lands back in Oz to tell her story.
Agree,

And your first sentence is the only one that counts IMO, after New York you would think he would want to show he can be professional, on the bright side hopefully he just kissed away his $million payday, and we keep him cheaper. Well if he doesn’t land in jail!
think positive

Re: Jordan DeGoey goes to Bali

Post by think positive »

Have the guts to name me!

Actually neither of them would give him the time of day, they have far too much class. And unlike the tramps he’s hanging around with, they have careers they would not jeopardise for a grope with a male slut!

They are both Collingwood fans, one comes to every game with me, and she feels like me, if he’s gone end of season stiff shit! All it takes is something like this a week before finals and it’s all blown to hell.

He makes ridiculous money, and yes when he can be bothered he makes a huge difference, but he’s not consistent. Give me a Pendles any day. Him taking off and acting like this shows he has learnt nothing, he thinks he’s bulletproof and irreplaceable. As my old man always said, He gets hit by a bus tomorrow his position on the team won’t be left vacant. I’ll never understand it, these guys are so fricken lucky, they can set themselves up for life in just a few years, drugs and whores will still be around then, save it if you must!

I bet the powers that be at Collingwood are seething, and don’t tell me the video is not his fault, don’t blame the messenger, if you don’t want to get caught being a dickhead it’s simple, don’t be one!

Ask Stephenson if it was worth it. He’s pretty much lost everything, and he could have been anything.
mudlark wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Sorry naysayers but Jordan going to Bali for the break is a goose decision and defies the optics, common sense and opens up greater temptations than if we to go to Portsea. Simply don't understand how he had the confidence to ask the club or think it was appropriate.
I'm sorry, but moronic supporters like this is the exact reason why 80% of the negative AFL articles are about Collingwood. Some supporters just want to hate!! What exactly did DeGoey do wrong. Its shameful that fools followed him to Bali to film him being a 24yo letting his hair down.

What offends people, his tongue? Or simply that he is having fun? Footage of this could have been taken at the St Kilda pub FFS.

Grow up dude. Its embarrassing that you give this shit oxygen.

I hope you have a fund few days DeGoey. I'm quite impressed you dont appear wasted! I wouldn't blame you if you were. 14 hard weeks with 10 to go and this is your only weekend off. Blow off your steam and lets get it in the second half of the year.

in the meantime, may i remind you that Denis Rodman went partying in vegas during the finals and came back and helped Michael Jordan cement a legacy as one of the all time great teams. Rodman himself is considered by some the best defensive player of all time. A very energetic person who found going out allowed him to let off steam and in no way affected his performance!!!

Jordan has been a superstar this year! I bet he comes back as one, despite the 5 wasted pages here. did you guys learn nothing in the summer????
100% agree E . They call themselves Collingwood supporters. And as one commentator said "I wouldn't let him near my daughters," Who apparently are the same age as the girl or JDG?? Not sure, but I don't think that's your decision to make ,unless they are minors and even then they'd probably tell you to take a hike!!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Cam wrote:In some of those countries the women stand out in the street in packs and cry out for you to come and spend time i.e. money, with them. They are fast machines and keep their motors relatively clean.

He needs to do what Warnie did before he unfortunately died, have a 'room massage' and not put on a show at the bar.
Hehehe, one if my all time favourite songs, best thing to dance to!

And yes I agree
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

Not that I particularly want the media to harass this random woman on holiday, but asking her for her interpretation of events would be actual journalism. If she says she’s fine and De Goey did nothing wrong, then there’s no news story; if it’s anything else, he has a problem. And they clearly know how to contact her as they presumably pulled this from her (or her friend’s) Instagram account.

I think as media consumers we need to do a little better at telling news stories from paparazzi-style celebrity gossip. By normalising the filming of celebrities in public as being inherently newsworthy, we also foster a culture in which mundane actions are pulled apart and scrutinised in intricate detail in a way that we could never tolerate or be able to cope with in our own public lives. Too many people these days fool themselves into thinking that this is a viable means of holding people morally or ethically accountable, when really it’s just prurient gossip.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange