#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
BazBoy wrote:So Stui are you saying it’s staged/a set up/ photoshopped thing
I just heard this from a mate at another club, Jordy played it up for the cameras and the media fell for it.
same mate with the dirt in the media?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

David wrote:Not that I particularly want the media to harass this random woman on holiday, but asking her for her interpretation of events would be actual journalism. If she says she’s fine and De Goey did nothing wrong, then there’s no news story; if it’s anything else, he has a problem. And they clearly know how to contact her as they presumably pulled this from her (or her friend’s) Instagram account.

I think as media consumers we need to do a little better at telling news stories from paparazzi-style celebrity gossip. By normalising the filming of celebrities in public as being inherently newsworthy, we also foster a culture in which mundane actions are pulled apart and scrutinised in intricate detail in a way that we could never tolerate or be able to cope with in our own public lives. Too many people these days fool themselves into thinking that this is a viable means of holding people morally or ethically accountable, when really it’s just prurient gossip.
I totally agree, but since it’s a part of life now, since he’s been in enough trouble, acting like that is seriously a dumb idea
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

David wrote:Not that I particularly want the media to harass this random woman on holiday, but asking her for her interpretation of events would be actual journalism. If she says she’s fine and De Goey did nothing wrong, then there’s no news story; if it’s anything else, he has a problem. And they clearly know how to contact her as they presumably pulled this from her (or her friend’s) Instagram account.

I think as media consumers we need to do a little better at telling news stories from paparazzi-style celebrity gossip. By normalising the filming of celebrities in public as being inherently newsworthy, we also foster a culture in which mundane actions are pulled apart and scrutinised in intricate detail in a way that we could never tolerate or be able to cope with in our own public lives. Too many people these days fool themselves into thinking that this is a viable means of holding people morally or ethically accountable, when really it’s just prurient gossip.
The female in question has released a statement.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:I don't get why people get so angry about this being reported. It would be easy enough for him to avoid any of it - all he'd need to do is stop behaving as if he's a boorish arsehole in public. I couldn't really care less - he is "on a break" - but so is, eg, Pendlebury and, startlingly, he's played senior AFL footy for 17 seasons without making a penis of himself in public.
Stands and applauds!
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Not at all, the woman taking the videos posted them on Social media, Jordan knew he was being filmed and hammed it up for the camera, which indicates he's really not that bright, but otherwise hasn't actually done anything wrong.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Not at all, the woman taking the videos posted them on Social media, Jordan knew he was being filmed and hammed it up for the camera, which indicates he's really not that bright, but otherwise hasn't actually done anything wrong.

The woman in question has posted on Insta that she can't believe the backlash toward her and Jordy and said there is nothing to see here.
Last edited by stui magpie on Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

'The woman at the centre of the Jordan De Goey Bali bender video has thrown her support behind the Collingwood bad boy. One of the women who featured in the video, posted to Instagram a message of support to De Goey. “Hey everyone, I can’t believe the backlash towards Jordy & Myself over here in Bali … nothing to see here”.' ~ The HeraldSun Sat 18th June
think positive

Post by think positive »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:

The female in question has released a statement.
Yes it’s on big footy, she says nothing yo see here,

She should realise it’s not about her,

He has been accused of sexual assault twice, it’s not a good look. It’s also mid season, I can’t believe they said it was ok to go, he plays in 8 days and he looks pretty toasted, or is that how he behaves sober? damn hell, I said when NY broke, every thing us looking up for us, and idiot Degoey said, yeah, watch this!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

robevpau1 wrote:'The woman at the centre of the Jordan De Goey Bali bender video has thrown her support behind the Collingwood bad boy. One of the women who featured in the video, posted to Instagram a message of support to De Goey. “Hey everyone, I can’t believe the backlash towards Jordy & Myself over here in Bali … nothing to see here”.' ~ The HeraldSun Sat 18th June
I hope Jordy and the club take a hard swing at 7 and Herald Sun for this gutter tabloid crap.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:'The woman at the centre of the Jordan De Goey Bali bender video has thrown her support behind the Collingwood bad boy. One of the women who featured in the video, posted to Instagram a message of support to De Goey. “Hey everyone, I can’t believe the backlash towards Jordy & Myself over here in Bali … nothing to see here”.' ~ The HeraldSun Sat 18th June
I hope Jordy and the club take a hard swing at 7 and Herald Sun for this gutter tabloid crap.
Why?
For doing their job? Selling papers, selling news, he knows he news where ever ho goes, ge wants yo ham it up, he pays the price, that price is getting plastered all over the news, and being talked about in not so nice terms, he gad a choice, thus us on no one except de dickhead
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

think positive

Post by think positive »

robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:BREAKING NEWS: A Collingwood player goes to Bali and has a few drinks and possibly got laid.
:lol: :lol: It's an utter disgrace isn't it. How dare he resemble your usual young bloke when he's on his mid-season break . :wink:

Exactly, silly bloody Cameron Linge banging on like a self righteous dickhead on radio today, how going apeshit over Jordon in Bali, bad look, blah blah blah. He forgets one of his former teamates pedalled cocaine, or is that ok by him ? Look, maybe, just maybe, De Goey isnt like the average young footballer now, so many married at 24, and have a bevy of kids by 27. Perhaps he just wants to really enjoy his youth, not be tied down say ?? I say good on him, if he breaks no law up there, whats the problem, really ? Too many holier than thou types on here, get a life, its not the 1950s anymore, things have changed a lot. Good on De Goey, its the old story, if its some other club, who gives a shit, but if its the Magpies, the media go into an orgasmic frenzy, same old story, the media bait us, and track us down, and get their jollies off it. Some things never change. :o :roll: :roll: :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Herald sun doing its best to create a massive scandal out of this. Collingwood FC has made an announcement that it is "aware of video footage involving player Jordan De Goey in Bali in recent days. The club will comment further when it is in a positin to do so", was the official statement made by the club this morning.
In the current online version of Herald Sun, massive lurid photos of JDG in the night club, tinted red for greater effect, appear as the number one article.
The photo of the hand moving to remove the woman's top is included by the HS, but the caption is rather demure: " A hand appears to try and remove the top". No actual statement that it was JDG's hand. Obvioulsy, they have no evidence that it was, and want to avoid a defamation case against them.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins