#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:[

Exactly, silly bloody Cameron Linge banging on like a self righteous dickhead on radio today, how going apeshit over Jordon in Bali, bad look, blah blah blah. He forgets one of his former teamates pedalled cocaine, or is that ok by him ? Look, maybe, just maybe, De Goey isnt like the average young footballer now, so many married at 24, and have a bevy of kids by 27. Perhaps he just wants to really enjoy his youth, not be tied down say ?? I say good on him, if he breaks no law up there, whats the problem, really ? Too many holier than thou types on here, get a life, its not the 1950s anymore, things have changed a lot. Good on De Goey, its the old story, if its some other club, who gives a shit, but if its the Magpies, the media go into an orgasmic frenzy, same old story, the media bait us, and track us down, and get their jollies off it. Some things never change. :o :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cameron Mooney has joined the bandwagon of calling Collingwood "idiots" for allowing JDG to go to Bali, and describing it as the "stupidest decision I have ever seen a football club make". Really? I am sure it would be easy to find a counterexample.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Don’t care what other people have done or said at other clubs. How this moron has put himself in that position AGAIN is beyond me. But let’s accept that for a minute. “The media are watching me like a hawk, Oh look, a camera is on, better do something”.

Quite honestly the collective IQ of the club will go up 10 notches when he leaves.
In isolation probably nothing it. Is it showcasing the values of the CFC? No!
I’m done with him. Get any first rounder we can and move on.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Magpietothemax wrote:Herald sun doing its best to create a massive scandal out of this. Collingwood FC has made an announcement that it is "aware of video footage involving player Jordan De Goey in Bali in recent days. The club will comment further when it is in a positin to do so", was the official statement made by the club this morning.
In the current online version of Herald Sun, massive lurid photos of JDG in the night club, tinted red for greater effect, appear as the number one article.
The photo of the hand moving to remove the woman's top is included by the HS, but the caption is rather demure: " A hand appears to try and remove the top". No actual statement that it was JDG's hand. Obvioulsy, they have no evidence that it was, and want to avoid a defamation case against them.
The arm does not appears to be JDG's - seems pre-meditated - started filming just prior to action - smaller arm and hand - no Tats on wrist and back of hand whereas Jordy is covered.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:[

Exactly, silly bloody Cameron Linge banging on like a self righteous dickhead on radio today, how going apeshit over Jordon in Bali, bad look, blah blah blah. He forgets one of his former teamates pedalled cocaine, or is that ok by him ? Look, maybe, just maybe, De Goey isnt like the average young footballer now, so many married at 24, and have a bevy of kids by 27. Perhaps he just wants to really enjoy his youth, not be tied down say ?? I say good on him, if he breaks no law up there, whats the problem, really ? Too many holier than thou types on here, get a life, its not the 1950s anymore, things have changed a lot. Good on De Goey, its the old story, if its some other club, who gives a shit, but if its the Magpies, the media go into an orgasmic frenzy, same old story, the media bait us, and track us down, and get their jollies off it. Some things never change. :o :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cameron Mooney has joined the bandwagon of calling Collingwood "idiots" for allowing JDG to go to Bali, and describing it as the "stupidest decision I have ever seen a football club make". Really? I am sure it would be easy to find a counterexample.
ONE of his former teamates openly pedalled Cocaine, but i guess in Mooneys eye thats ok and cant compete with a Bali holiday, typical Geelong suck. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

think positive wrote:
DeadEyeDidak wrote:The female in question has released a statement.
Yes it’s on big footy, she says nothing yo see here,

She should realise it’s not about her,

He has been accused of sexual assault twice, it’s not a good look. It’s also mid season, I can’t believe they said it was ok to go, he plays in 8 days and he looks pretty toasted, or is that how he behaves sober? $$%^%%$ hell, I said when NY broke, every thing us looking up for us, and idiot Degoey said, yeah, watch this!
People conflate stuff too easily and muddy the water. This is all quite clear.

Is the problem that he’s drinking? If so, that’s not our business; at most, it’s between him and the club. I presume when he said he wanted to go to Bali they would have given him pretty clear guidelines on whether he was allowed to drink.

Is the problem that he’s treating a woman disrespectfully? If she doesn’t think he is, then, as she says herself, there’s "nothing to see here". She is the only one in a position to make that call.

These are the only two options here. Let’s not buy into bullshit about "optics", as if we need to outsource our own ability to rationally assess what we see or hear to some imaginary other person. He didn’t personally release or edit this video. And he’s not responsible for our feelings of discomfort or disapproval about seeing him drunk. I know it’s hard to accept, but sometimes other people’s lives just aren’t our business.
Last edited by David on Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

stui magpie wrote: The woman in question has posted on Insta that she can't believe the backlash toward her and Jordy and said there is nothing to see here.
I just saw young people behaving as some young people do in a party holiday spot. De Goey doing nothing wrong. As for rude gestures and the like have you seen what passes for music videos now days ? Plenty of flesh and innuendo.
Jordy is allowed his break time wherever he likes.
go pies
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Robbo and his HUN rag, one more reason i buy NO Murdoch rubbish news rags. fatboy Robbo just loves to pot Collingwood any chance he gets.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

daics aka the ruckman wrote:
stui magpie wrote: The woman in question has posted on Insta that she can't believe the backlash toward her and Jordy and said there is nothing to see here.
I just saw young people behaving as some young people do in a party holiday spot. De Goey doing nothing wrong. As for rude gestures and the like have you seen what passes for music videos now days ? Plenty of flesh and innuendo.
Agree with this, and with David's comments.
The woman involved has gone on Instagram to defend JDG and express her indignation at the media hysteria.
Clearly, she did not feed disrespected.
If we take the position that JDG should not go out and party because he is a Collingwood player, then we are the idiots. We cannot demand of a young 25 year old man that he should live in the social sidelines to "protect the reputation of CFC". Not only is it idiotic, it is outrageous in placing our own wishes and expectations where we would have absolutely no right to do so. In fact, I am really happy that Collingwood let him go to Bali. If the club had attempted to forbid him from going (for which it has no legal right) that would have created a far worse image of Collingwood than what we are in any way seeing now.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

Well said, MTTM.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Magpietothemax wrote:
daics aka the ruckman wrote:
Agree with this, and with David's comments.
The woman involved has gone on Instagram to defend JDG and express her indignation at the media hysteria.
Clearly, she did not feed disrespected.
If we take the position that JDG should not go out and party because he is a Collingwood player, then we are the idiots. We cannot demand of a young 25 year old man that he should live in the social sidelines to "protect the reputation of CFC". Not only is it idiotic, it is outrageous in placing our own wishes and expectations where we would have absolutely no right to do so. In fact, I am really happy that Collingwood let him go to Bali. If the club had attempted to forbid him from going (for which it has no legal right) that would have created a far worse image of Collingwood than what we are in any way seeing now.

Spot on, i stand and applaud you mate, very well said. :!: :)

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
DeadEyeDidak wrote:The female in question has released a statement.
Yes it’s on big footy, she says nothing yo see here,

She should realise it’s not about her,

He has been accused of sexual assault twice, it’s not a good look. It’s also mid season, I can’t believe they said it was ok to go, he plays in 8 days and he looks pretty toasted, or is that how he behaves sober? $$%^%%$ hell, I said when NY broke, every thing us looking up for us, and idiot Degoey said, yeah, watch this!
People conflate stuff too easily and muddy the water. This is all quite clear.

Is the problem that he’s drinking? If so, that’s not our business; at most, it’s between him and the club. I presume when he said he wanted to go to Bali they would have given him pretty clear guidelines on whether he was allowed to drink.

Is the problem that he’s treating a woman disrespectfully? If she doesn’t think he is, then, as she says herself, there’s "nothing to see here". She is the only one in a position to make that call.

These are the only two options here. Let’s not buy into bullshit about "optics", as if we need to outsource our own ability to rationally assess what we see or hear to some imaginary other person. He didn’t personally release or edit this video. And he’s not responsible for our feelings of discomfort or disapproval about seeing him drunk. I know it’s hard to accept, but sometimes other people’s lives just aren’t our business.
But the optics do matter

Sponsors generally don’t like this publicity, neither do coaches, he has no job if we have no sponsors or the coach decides he’s not worth the effort.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

David wrote:Not that I particularly want the media to harass this random woman on holiday, but asking her for her interpretation of events would be actual journalism. If she says she’s fine and De Goey did nothing wrong, then there’s no news story; if it’s anything else, he has a problem. And they clearly know how to contact her as they presumably pulled this from her (or her friend’s) Instagram account.

I think as media consumers we need to do a little better at telling news stories from paparazzi-style celebrity gossip. By normalising the filming of celebrities in public as being inherently newsworthy, we also foster a culture in which mundane actions are pulled apart and scrutinised in intricate detail in a way that we could never tolerate or be able to cope with in our own public lives. Too many people these days fool themselves into thinking that this is a viable means of holding people morally or ethically accountable, when really it’s just prurient gossip.
Great summation of the situation. This is why, in answer to Pies4shaw, we should be angry that the media is publicising this. Prurient gossip is being substituted for actual journalism.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

think positive wrote:
And besides I was thoroughly enjoying the BaileySmith stuff, I wasn’t done yet!
I was hoping for the rest of the Melbourne bombshells to hit the front page!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by Pies2016 »

IF he is currently under a club imposed alcohol rehabilitation program, then unless those drinks were non alcoholic, he’s breaking a club rule. Strong clubs don’t easily excuse any imposed rules, especially when it’s good enough for 39 odd others to diligently adhere to. Make of that what you will.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

The sooner JDG comes back to Melbourne to better can not stand this on going BS from his time in Bali.

Time for JDG to come home and focus on his footy.

He was going so well too.

Next flight to Melbourne please.