#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Oh FFS, I'm sick of hearing about people having to comply with 'their employers values'. I'm also sick of the PC Taliban dictating to others what is acceptable behaviour. We should each behave as we believe is right and proper, but none of us should try to impose our moral code on others....as long as their behaviour involves consenting adults.

Jordy is still a dickhead however, but he's our dickhead and I'm glad he's a Pie.
he’s certainly a dickhead!

You have to admit Rudey if he had half a brain he would have expected thus outcome. He wants a big contract, he’s doing himself no favours
I think he might only have a quarter of a brain. :shock:
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

Look in this instance Jordy is probably in the clear. However, I said at the start of the season...I say it again, the chances Degoey is at Collingwood next year I would say are slim to nill.

This 'event' would just reinforce for the club why he is better off somewhere else next year. Good, bad or indifferent...we don't need this sort of off feild distraction at our club.

Jordy is correct, it isn't fair you can't go to a bar without being a media attraction. However, sadly your past incidents have created your media attention.

Why wouldn't he lay low for his first trip away since the NYE events? Go to a villa somewhere.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Oh FFS, I'm sick of hearing about people having to comply with 'their employers values'. I'm also sick of the PC Taliban dictating to others what is acceptable behaviour. We should each behave as we believe is right and proper, but none of us should try to impose our moral code on others....as long as their behaviour involves consenting adults.

Jordy is still a dickhead however, but he's our dickhead and I'm glad he's a Pie.
he’s certainly a dickhead!

You have to admit Rudey if he had half a brain he would have expected thus outcome. He wants a big contract, he’s doing himself no favours
Hehe, well that explains his inconsistency, imagine if he had a complete brain and played a complete game!

THEN you could all him a superstar champion generational player!

Swan turned it around after one too many public whoopsies, I have it on good authority he was still no Angel, but at least he got smart enough not to flaunt it. So maybe there is hope, but he needs a good scare IMHO, the club are wasting energy even talking about it, they have to be losing patience.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Will somebody think of the children! ;)
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:he’s certainly a dickhead!

Hehe, well that explains his inconsistency, imagine if he had a complete brain and played a complete game!

THEN you could all him a superstar champion generational player!

Swan turned it around after one too many public whoopsies, I have it on good authority he was still no Angel, but at least he got smart enough not to flaunt it. So maybe there is hope, but he needs a good scare IMHO, the club are wasting energy even talking about it, they have to be losing patience.
Funny you mentioned Swanny. I recall several years back when Swanny was giving a talk to school kids and the teacher asked him if he had any advice to give the students. Swanny then provided a simple 3 word advice..."don't get caught". :lol:
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

No doubt this has been overcooked by the media but some of the defences on here are laughable. Context matters. Given De Goey's past history, to put himself in such a position is mind blowing and shows firstly that he has learnt nothing from sailing so close to the wind in the past; and secondly that he doesn't give a shit about the impact his actions have on the club. He has absolutely no judgement and there is little doubt that will bite him and the club on the arse. As for his media statement. Grow up. That's the game. Yes it's shit being so heavily scrutinized. But if you haven't learnt that's how things work by now you never will. You keep putting your chin out, the media will keep punching it and the club cops a hit every time as well. As for the claims it's fake news because there's no tatts on the hand...I suggest you have a closer look.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

what a beat up by the media..
Jordy will be with the pies next year and beyond
Go Pies !!!!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Clemo wrote:what a beat up by the media..
Jordy will be with the pies next year and beyond
^ this

He is not being paid by Collingwood to be a "model citizen" (and who defines what that is, anyway).
He is allowed to behave in the same way as his generation without being publicly condemned.
This is completely a beat up, and the media is entirely to blame. I hope he comes back from Bali angry, as he should be, and silences all the talking heads with a blistering performance on the field.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm about to throw up reading about the 'moral outrage' at Jordy's partying antics. Fuqwits like Riewoldt and Cam Mooney make ridiculous comments about Jordy, while they earn big money from the AFL industry which relies heavily on promoting gambling. Why don't these wankers take a real moral stand about the massive damage done to communities by gambling, which the AFL supports to the hilt?

But no. They won't say a frigging thing about that. Yet they pretend to maintain some supposed high moral ground. Pleeaassse! :twisted:
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Have you seen her Instagram page?

Collingwood: J. DeGoey 3 votes
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

RudeBoy wrote:I'm about to throw up reading about the 'moral outrage' at Jordy's partying antics. Fuqwits like Riewoldt and Cam Mooney make ridiculous comments about Jordy, while they earn big money from the AFL industry which relies heavily on promoting gambling. Why don't these wankers take a real moral stand about the massive damage done to communities by gambling, which the AFL supports to the hilt?

But no. They won't say a frigging thing about that. Yet they pretend to maintain some supposed high moral ground. Pleeaassse! :twisted:
Yep, the hypocricy is really sickening. Riewoldt, Mooney et al are examples of those who do, willingly, represent the values of their employer, the corporate media. Jump on to any media outrage campaign in order to ingratiate themselves to their employers and the gambling consortiums.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
princem007

Post by princem007 »

Trial by media, nothing to see here, not even a nipple. I was a bit disappointed actually.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Given the party girl types that throw themselves at footballers it's not surprising that the woman (his girlfriend?) involved wouldn't have a problem with de Goey and in the scheme of drunken nightclub shenanigans it's a fairly innocuous incident.

On the flip side why de Goey would even want to tempt fate given what occurred earlier in the year and put himself in a situation where he is filmed (I assume he knew) trying to expose a breast in a public setting is just inviting media coverage.

Finally who the hell was even filming this?

If it was a friend (tell me not the same one from New York) and they went ahead and uploaded it then he clearly needs to find himself smarter friends or start making wiser decisions.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!