#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:- yes they are, when it’s over, now is not the time for a bender, where are the rest of our players, is there something special about him?

As for his comment, bullshit, Bailey should not have mentioned mental health and neither should de Goey allude to it.

My hubby LOVES to rev me up about all things Collingwood, and when I react he’s like, oh come on I’m joking. If you push for a reaction, you will usually get one, and when you do you should not complain about it. If he didn’t realise thus would happen and the media would jump on it like they always do about Collingwood, then he’s dumber than I give him credit for.

If he’s out with a bunch of scrubbers and grubs like him, he should fully expect someone will post the result.

The club pays him handsomely, he cost us with the NYC bullshit, guilty or not, it’s time to pull his head in and I really hope the other players hold him accountable. He’s a dickhead. A spoilt self entitled dickhead who thinks he’s bulletproof.
He's done nothing illegal as far as we know. I've been keeping an eye on this story for two days, and couldn't see what the big deal was apart from it raising some eyebrows that he travelled overseas during his mid-season break.

JDG hasn't helped himself with his past, but you can't condemn someone for their past if the matter has already been settled and dealt with. All we can accuse him of here is that he loves partying a bit too much.

At worst, this is bad optics for him and the club but nothing bad has happened. I expect him to arrive home soon and be ready to do train hard in preparation for next week's game against GWS.

The writing was on the wall on Thursday when the media jumped on the fact that he was in Bali and the moralising went up tenfold from several pundits who have dubious pasts of their own. They were seeking out a story before anything happened.

In relation to Bailey Smith, he was using illicit drugs. That's a breach of the law and the AFL's anti-drug policy. Totally different situation to what JDG is doing in Bali.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

What a load of shit. **** me we did a lot worse when we we’re out back in the day. This is a media beat up, it’s doing it’s job getting clicks.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: I think he might only have a quarter of a brain. :shock:
Hehe, well that explains his inconsistency, imagine if he had a complete brain and played a complete game!

THEN you could all him a superstar champion generational player!

Swan turned it around after one too many public whoopsies, I have it on good authority he was still no Angel, but at least he got smart enough not to flaunt it. So maybe there is hope, but he needs a good scare IMHO, the club are wasting energy even talking about it, they have to be losing patience.
Funny you mentioned Swanny. I recall several years back when Swanny was giving a talk to school kids and the teacher asked him if he had any advice to give the students. Swanny then provided a simple 3 word advice..."don't get caught". :lol:
There you go! Point proven!

I was loud and long on big footy re Smith, however if it’s true a lot of players are on 1 or 2 strikes and we don’t know, clearly he’s banned for embarrassing the afl. Name and shame em all! 3 strikes is mad.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by Jezza »

I should also note that the club is limited in what they can do. I don't blame them here.

They can advise him to stay local and keep a low profile which is wise, but JDG was free to do anything he wanted within the law during the break and ignore any recommendations or advice he received.

This story has been blown out of proportion. The media was ready to pounce and condemn him and instead they left themselves red-faced for a non event. That's what happens when you chase a clickbait headline rather than just report on the facts that come to hand whether it was favourable or not for the person concerned.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Guess what. The latest to weigh into the debate is none other than Nathan Buckley. He is solidarising himself with the Cam Mooney's, Nick Riewoldt's, and Gary Lyons of this world, declaring that it was not a good decision for JDG to go to Bali, and now he has to take responsibility for the position he has placed the club in.
But what position exactly has JDG put the club in?? He has done nothing wrong whatsoever.
No one asks what position Bayley Smith has put Western Bulldogs in, or what position Luke Bevridge has put the Western Bulldogs in, by suggesting that the illicit drug protocols should be abandoned.
But when it comes to JDG having a holiday and enjoying a party in a night club, this is apparently a moral outrage.
Nathan Buckley is now jumping on the Fox network bandwagon of moralisers aiming to make quick bucks (no pun intended) out of demonising JDG.
Bucks said to Fox: “There has been a whole heap that has come from it and there is a whole heap that will come from it unfortunately.”
There is actually no need for much to come from it at all, but Bux is clearly now among those trying to egg on Collingwood to make a draconian response.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Come contract renewal time don't be disappointed Jordan that you'll be slapped with a dickhead tax of $200,000 a year and a deduction of 2 years off your desired 5 year contract.

* $600,000/year tops
* 3 years only

If another team wants to up it, it shall be sayonara.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

inxs88 wrote:Come contract renewal time don't be disappointed Jordan that you'll be slapped with a dickhead tax of $200,000 a year and a deduction of 2 years off your desired 5 year contract.

* $600,000/year tops
* 3 years only

If another team wants to up it, it shall be sayonara.
On the other hand, if he rips the second half of the season apart, the dickhead tax won't be imposed.
What is your point?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
princem007

Post by princem007 »

Lets keep things in perspective here.

We have war in ukraine with senseless killing and bombings , pandemics, droughts , flood , famine , global warming , violence on the streets, stock market crashes and yet a footballer goes out and has a few drinks , flirts a bit and then is crucified.

The media has been targeting our club with sensationalist journalism and I’ve had enough and so should the club.

I’m cancelling my herald sun membership and I will be telling them why.

I’m not paying them my hard earned for there bias journalism.

That’s the best way to get them back , hit them where it hurts in their pockets and I would suggest any nicks member or pies supporter who feels the same way do it also.

The club should ban all media and press interviews for 2 weeks in protest.

This isn’t just about jordy this is for peoples mental health wellbeing.

Enough is Enough.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

princem007 wrote:Lets keep things in perspective here.

We have war in ukraine with senseless killing and bombings , pandemics, droughts , flood , famine , global warming , violence on the streets, stock market crashes and yet a footballer goes out and has a few drinks , flirts a bit and then is crucified.

The media has been targeting our club with sensationalist journalism and I’ve had enough and so should the club.

That’s the best way to get them back , hit them where it hurts in their pockets and I would suggest any nicks member or pies supporter who feels the same way do it also.

Enough is Enough.
Unfortunately, cancelling your subscription is not enough. Expropriate Murdoch! Abolish the Fox Empire and place it under democratic control.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

dp
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Magpietothemax wrote:
princem007 wrote:Lets keep things in perspective here.

Enough is Enough.
Unfortunately, cancelling your subscription is not enough. Expropriate Murdoch! Abolish the Fox Empire and place it under democratic control.
Touche! 8)
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:
Haff wrote:His statement is great, if he had any credibility. But he doesn’t, so it’s BS.

“All trades considered”
Yep

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:He is a smart footballer. He is an exceptionally dumb human being.
Yep

jeezus, perish the thought if you two were ever on a jury judging him.. He has broken NO law, the girl said this is all jackshit, nothing to see here, and his statement was brilliant, well said, and considered. Unreal. :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Haff wrote:Those defending Jordan are wrong. Simple. Irrelevant that the young lass had no issues and probably encouraged it. Irrelevant that there’s not much in it (and I agree). Fact is, if I go out to a club with my company gear on and go viral trying to expose some chicks breast, my company sees it and decided it’s against our values or codes of behaviour, I am accountable and losing my job.
Can tell you this behaviour isn’t in the acceptable range for the AFL and unfortunately for Jordan he represents his employer in everything he does, he doesn’t get to take his company logo off but he is handsomely remunerated for it. That’s it, simple.
I hate that I agree with Cane but going there was stupid. He can play the victim all he wants, not the medias fault. Actually says to me he’s a lost cause (Amber Heard like) and we should get whatever we can for him.

sure hate to have you on any murder trial, you have em convicted and jailed or hanged, before any evidence presented. jeezus, stop this 1950s holier than thou bullshit, my kids go to nightclubs, and that goes on all the time, nobody complains, its par for the course. Get a life , some on here, just get a friggin life. Its all media clickbate, and dont anyone quote Cornes to me, biggest dickhead to ever comeout of Port adelaide, as for Riewoldt, that schoogirl incident says hello, what a total hypocrite, like so many jumping on this utter non incident, designed to de rail our season by a media having orgasms over it, and God help us when ol Caro gets onto this , she loves sinking the boot into our club. :o :x
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Someone on here wrote "The videos wouldn't get noticed for 99% of the population." If Channel 9 thought that were true they wouldn't LEAD with the video on their Friday night 6pm news. Yes, this was the first story. Remarkable. Channel 9, Channel 7 and the Herald Sun are tabloid media entities. They thrive on this stuff and a large part of the population laps it up, as described in Don Henley's brilliant song "Dirty Laundry".

"I make my livin' off the evenin' news
Just give me somethin', somethin' I can use
People love it when you lose
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda' been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry

We got the bubble-headed bleached-blonde, comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation? Is the head dead yet?
You know, the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
Get the widow on the set!
We need dirty laundry"

Dare I ask how we would all react if it were a player from another club in JDG's position?

Although I agree with the sentiments in JDG's statement, I'm not sure he should've made it. Why show that you care what those idiots publish? Now his "defence" becomes part of the story. I think that the old adage of "Never complain. Never explain" applies here.

I do wonder what Caroline Wilson will say on Classified on Monday night. She never talks about actual football, only scandals and muckraking for her.
Jamesy

Post by Jamesy »

Another absolute zero in the current world events. FMD, wake up people.