#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Big T »

Harrysz, by 99% I meant 99% of other people who would have made that video, not 99% of people wanting to watch it....
Buon Giorno
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I’ve really got to stop reacting to such media beat up
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by piffdog »

Magpietothemax wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Come contract renewal time don't be disappointed Jordan that you'll be slapped with a dickhead tax of $200,000 a year and a deduction of 2 years off your desired 5 year contract.

* $600,000/year tops
* 3 years only

If another team wants to up it, it shall be sayonara.
On the other hand, if he rips the second half of the season apart, the dickhead tax won't be imposed.
What is your point?
I think the point is - and this is probably one thing most agree on - is that the better you are at playing in and winning games of footy, the more allowances will be made for you. This is a universal truth and even applies right down to small towns in the country.

I agree that this weekend has probably cost him some money in contract terms, but if he polls 18 Brownlow votes through the rest of the season he probably gets that money back.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Wow, this threads got it all, Amber Heard, The SuperFreak...just waiting for someone to mention Hitler
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

mudlark

Post by mudlark »

nomadjack wrote:No doubt this has been overcooked by the media but some of the defences on here are laughable. Context matters. Given De Goey's past history, to put himself in such a position is mind blowing and shows firstly that he has learnt nothing from sailing so close to the wind in the past; and secondly that he doesn't give a shit about the impact his actions have on the club. He has absolutely no judgement and there is little doubt that will bite him and the club on the arse. As for his media statement. Grow up. That's the game. Yes it's shit being so heavily scrutinized. But if you haven't learnt that's how things work by now you never will. You keep putting your chin out, the media will keep punching it and the club cops a hit every time as well. As for the claims it's fake news because there's no tatts on the hand...I suggest you have a closer look.

There A tattoo. and that's. it Go to DeGoeys page and check out his left arm.If you can't see what's wrong with that video, you're following the wrong team .
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

inxs88 wrote:Come contract renewal time don't be disappointed Jordan that you'll be slapped with a dickhead tax of $200,000 a year and a deduction of 2 years off your desired 5 year contract.

* $600,000/year tops
* 3 years only

Agree
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Jezza wrote:I should also note that the club is limited in what they can do. I don't blame them here.

They can advise him to stay local and keep a low profile which is wise, but JDG was free to do anything he wanted within the law during the break and ignore any recommendations or advice he received.

This story has been blown out of proportion. The media was ready to pounce and condemn him and instead they left themselves red-faced for a non event. That's what happens when you chase a clickbait headline rather than just report on the facts that come to hand whether it was favourable or not for the person concerned.
Melbourne players stayed 'Low and Local"!! How'd that pan out??
think positive

Post by think positive »

Magpietothemax wrote:

* $600,000/year tops
* 3 years only

On the other hand, if he rips the second half of the season apart, the dickhead tax won't be imposed.
What is your point?
If he does that we will all be happy.

For me personally he hast paid back the faith the club showed him over NYC, still waiting for a complete consistent game. Value for money. Howe for instance never quits, and we were significantly hampered when he was injured. And was is the pay differential?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:- yes they are, when it’s over, now is not the time for a bender, where are the rest of our players, is there something special about him?

As for his comment, bullshit, Bailey should not have mentioned mental health and neither should de Goey allude to it.

My hubby LOVES to rev me up about all things Collingwood, and when I react he’s like, oh come on I’m joking. If you push for a reaction, you will usually get one, and when you do you should not complain about it. If he didn’t realise thus would happen and the media would jump on it like they always do about Collingwood, then he’s dumber than I give him credit for.

If he’s out with a bunch of scrubbers and grubs like him, he should fully expect someone will post the result.

The club pays him handsomely, he cost us with the NYC bullshit, guilty or not, it’s time to pull his head in and I really hope the other players hold him accountable. He’s a dickhead. A spoilt self entitled dickhead who thinks he’s bulletproof.
He's done nothing illegal as far as we know. I've been keeping an eye on this story for two days, and couldn't see what the big deal was apart from it raising some eyebrows that he travelled overseas during his mid-season break.

JDG hasn't helped himself with his past, but you can't condemn someone for their past if the matter has already been settled and dealt with. All we can accuse him of here is that he loves partying a bit too much.

At worst, this is bad optics for him and the club but nothing bad has happened. I expect him to arrive home soon and be ready to do train hard in preparation for next week's game against GWS.

The writing was on the wall on Thursday when the media jumped on the fact that he was in Bali and the moralising went up tenfold from several pundits who have dubious pasts of their own. They were seeking out a story before anything happened.

In relation to Bailey Smith, he was using illicit drugs. That's a breach of the law and the AFL's anti-drug policy. Totally different situation to what JDG is doing in Bali.
I’ll bet there are 2 women feeling validated right now.

The optics are terrible, maybe you don’t care but sponsors do.

I don’t know what people are blaming the media, they are just doing their job, they didn’t even take the footage, yes media are scum, looking for sensational stories, but why do those stories sell? Because it’s what a lot of people want yo read. And no, I haven’t bothered, the snippets I’ve heard I totally agree with. You want a big contract, pull your head in. Name one game this season where he played every quarter to his standard?

You can knock swan for his shit too, but when he played, he played every minute he was on as if it was his last.

Show me the money? Show me the goods
think positive

Post by think positive »

think positive

Post by think positive »

piffdog wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

* $600,000/year tops
* 3 years only

What is your point?
I think the point is - and this is probably one thing most agree on - is that the better you are at playing in and winning games of footy, the more allowances will be made for you. This is a universal truth and even applies right down to small towns in the country.

I agree that this weekend has probably cost him some money in contract terms, but if he polls 18 Brownlow votes through the rest of the season he probably gets that money back.
If

That’s a big if.

Won’t happen, that I’d bet on
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by piffdog »

think positive wrote:
piffdog wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: On the other hand, if he rips the second half of the season apart, the dickhead tax won't be imposed.
What is your point?

If

That’s a big if.

I don’t think he will gather those votes either - but the point (just in case you missed it the first time…) is he will be assessed based on his overall net value to the team. Goals and kicks and tackles are pluses, negative headlines, off field distractions and how much he wants to be paid are negatives.

Thankfully we have new leadership at the club and I have complete faith through will weigh up the pros and cons and navigate through this.

Cleary you’re done with the guy and that’s cool - but you’re not going to be the one signing his next contract.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

mudlark

Post by mudlark »

piffdog wrote:
think positive wrote:
piffdog wrote: I think the point is - and this is probably one thing most agree on - is that the better you are at playing in and winning games of footy, the more allowances will be made for you. This is a universal truth and even applies right down to small towns in the country.

If

That’s a big if.

I don’t think he will gather those votes either - but the point (just in case you missed it the first time…) is he will be assessed based on his overall net value to the team. Goals and kicks and tackles are pluses, negative headlines, off field distractions and how much he wants to be paid are negatives.

Thankfully we have new leadership at the club and I have complete faith through will weigh up the pros and cons and navigate through this.

Cleary you’re done with the guy and that’s cool - but you’re not going to be the one signing his next contract.
"""Cleary you’re done with the guy and that’s cool - but you’re not going to be the one signing his next contract.[/quote]"""Thank the lord for that"'