#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

scoobydoo wrote: The only people who letting themselves down are the ones commenting on something they know nothing about. Stop judging people based on your opinion. He’s friend ( female) came out & said nothing to see here yet ‘the debate’ as you put it continues. Leave him alone.
Ok what I do know is that he has been charged with driving drunk.

He has also been charged with sexual assault twice. Also, despite the fact that his actions were consensual, I also know it is not is it normal to grab a woman's top and expose her in a public place.

Are those facts still insufficient for me to pass judgement on his behaviour when he has been drinking?
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

swoop42 wrote:If the actual woman in question has no issue with Jordan then why in the hell do some believe they have the right to be morally outraged on her behalf?

It's her body, it's her rules, if she has no problem then people should stop imposing their own morality on the incident or be looking to exploit the situation to push their own agenda in the media.

#justiceforjordan
im not, couldnt give two shits about her, from her profile shes just looking for likes and follows, if i say what i really think ill get more than one yellow!

600 or so AFL players have had a mid season break, only 1 has been filmed (not by the media) looking like a complete drunk drongo.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
scoobydoo wrote: The only people who letting themselves down are the ones commenting on something they know nothing about. Stop judging people based on your opinion. He’s friend ( female) came out & said nothing to see here yet ‘the debate’ as you put it continues. Leave him alone.
Ok what I do know is that he has been charged with driving drunk.

He has also been charged with sexual assault twice. Also, despite the fact that his actions were consensual, I also know it is not is it normal to grab a woman's top and expose her in a public place.

Are those facts still insufficient for me to pass judgement on his behaviour when he has been drinking?
hes building himself quite a rap sheet!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:The debate over the fallout of the Bali trip has plenty of sides and to be honest I find myself changing my opinion from one of sympathy for him to one of anger about how he has behaved since joining the club.

The one thing that is isn't being discussed is his problem with alcohol. I am sure many of us have 'that mate' who just goes over the top when they drink. Most of us carry on and might even fall over afterwards, however some guys should just leave it alone. Jordy is that guy. He has a problem with alcohol. Until he realises it, he will continue to let himself down in some shape or form.
this is pretty much what ive been saying, he needs to lay off it til his career is finished, he clearly has no self control
Last edited by think positive on Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

The fact this thread was created in the first place, and several posts exist prior to any incidents, points clearly at the fact that many people suspected he would fork up somewhere on this holiday.

And to those crying that he’s a victim, you don’t see a thread called “Pendles is off to Bali, cross your bloody fingers”, do you?

There’s a reason for that. One is a twat. The other is a proven sporting professional.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
think positive

Post by think positive »

burnsy17 wrote:The fact this thread was created in the first place, and several posts exist prior to any incidents, points clearly at the fact that many people suspected he would fork up somewhere on this holiday.

And to those crying that he’s a victim, you don’t see a thread called “Pendles is off to Bali, cross your bloody fingers”, do you?

There’s a reason for that. One is a twat. The other is a proven sporting professional.
https://media.giphy.com/media/dOJt6XZlQw8qQ/giphy.gif
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

burnsy17 wrote:
mudlark wrote:as far as I can see, I've seen no video evidence of him drinking.
You mustn’t have good eye sight…. Or you don’t consider lay backs on a dance floor as drinking??
Lay backs on the dance floor ??? WTF that is beats me. Lay backs on the dance floor
think positive

Post by think positive »

bally12 wrote:To those thinking that wasn't JDG's forearm, it was. The HS had a pic that clearly showed his tatts down to the ones on the inside of his fingers.
The main issue I have with Jordy is his lack of maturity for a 26yo. Leave out the fact that his nightclub antics were caught on camera and published on social media. He's a professional athlete on decent money in a team sport where you need to be a team player, and think about the consequences of your actions. Not doing so shows a lack of care and respect for your teammates for one. Selfish.
So what are the issues here? For one, there is the issue of a professional athlete (in mid-season mind you) not even skolling shots but actually having alochol (or God knows what they have in Bali clubs) poured straight down his throat by the barman. Yeh I know there's a name for this and it's a nightclub thing...I don't care. This after he's already been drinking at a pool party earlier in the day. Out of control. We've all seen accounts of athletes being meticulous in what they eat/drink, and how they prepare. Well that's not Jordy.
After this, the vulgar acts in front of the camera...the middle finger, the tongue action. Wtf? Like grow up man. Just because someone sticks a camera in front of you, doesn't mean you have to act like a d#ckhead.
Then there's the pretty sh#t act of trying to expose the girl's breast. I don't care if she's a social media queen, or trying to be, or party girl or whatever and claims "nothing to see here'. She's also got family, mum, dad, siblings, that would find that pretty disgusting thing to do to their daughter, sister etc.
Yeh I know he's a good player, and crucial to our team. He may even one day be the difference in us winning a premiership. Does it matter if we do win one with a list of sh#t people that don't care about the club or its supporters? Yeh it matters to me. Winning isn't everything. If it didn't matter, then I'd quite happily barrack for pompous cheating Caaaarlton da da da da da.
So Jordy, pull your head in, and have a look at yourself and what you want to stand for.
great post
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Will someone please think of the children!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

swoop42 wrote:If the actual woman in question has no issue with Jordan then why in the hell do some believe they have the right to be morally outraged on her behalf?

It's her body, it's her rules, if she has no problem then people should stop imposing their own morality on the incident or be looking to exploit the situation to push their own agenda in the media.

#justiceforjordan
Sorry Swoop. I love your passion for the Pies. You are a true asset to our supporter base.
Unfortunately you are off the mark mate. Bally12 nails his summary.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I have a hunch the woman in question doesn’t really care what her parents think, bally12. I think they’d be pretty used to it by now. ;)
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

What ever happens, Degoey has destroyed his value both if he stays and in any trade. What club would risk having a player that could blow up in your face during any off-season or even a mid-season break?

Geez if he was at another club and we were looking at getting him, you would want him at a fair discount.

He can win you games, he can also derail your season.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.