#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Killbot wrote:Yep, a total nothing to see here, non-story
Collingwood has reportedly pulled a $3.2m contract offer for Jordan De Goey off the table due to his Bali exploits.
Are they upping it?
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Depends on what qualifications you expect.

His manager would have to be accredited with the AFLPA.
To be an accredited manager :

https://www.aflplayers.com.au/industry- ... -the-aflpa
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Age reported the contract Collingwood had in the pipeline for Jordan has been withdrawn
It was allegedly a two year deal at 800 K with a further two year trigger
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Killbot wrote:Yep, a total nothing to see here, non-story
Collingwood has reportedly pulled a $3.2m contract offer for Jordan De Goey off the table due to his Bali exploits.
god i was 39 the day you joined happy birthday to me!

guess its going to get interesting now, im just gunna make some popcorn and get the chair ready for the fireworks! have at it!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

It will be discussed on all channels sport or even breaking news in a few minutes

Get ready
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

I got my popcorn
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

PyreneesPie wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

How great has it been to see Ginny rile opponents, Coxy rediscover his confidence, Jamie achieve high-level consistency, Darcy Cameron improve every week, Noble throw himself at smothers and young Daics show every sign of being a gun? All very different personalities.

Jordy struggles with focus, but he's hardly an island in the general population. It might come to him as it did Swanny, it might not. But feeling vicariously embarrassed every time someone we don't know fails to live up to our ideals is itself immature.
^^ +4 :)
+5
Return of the baldfacts

Post by Return of the baldfacts »

Excellent management by Wright. A 2 year contract plus 2 more if triggers hit. Pulling the contract now is probably as much about appeasing the AFL as anything else.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

I feel sorry for Jordan.
I know full well the effects and consequences of alcohol and/or substance abuse. Giving up alcohol almost 3 years ago was the best choice I've made in my life.
I hope he gets well and can fulfil his obvious potential as the outstanding talent we all know he is.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Skids I’m sure when it comes down to it we all hope he finds a way to get better
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

think positive wrote:
Damien wrote:
think positive wrote: how many matches could we have won if he put as much into every quarter as Howe, Maynard, Adams, Pendles? hes half arsed too often

and forgiving of putting collingwood in the papers and in the news for the wrong reasons AGAIN!

someone else above mentioned young men, hes only 13.5 years off middle age! when is he intending to grow up?
So you’re saying that he hasn’t given 100% for 100% of the time in the games he’s played For Collingwood?

That’s a big call, made by someone who clearly has never played the game.
thats exactly what im saying,

i have just been reading comments from ex champions who have played the game, one said hes at about 70% of his talent, and who knows if he will ever apply himself?
EX Chumps who are getting paid exorbitant amounts of money by grubby journalistic outlets. Towing the company line . No one has seen fit to REALLY investigate whether or not, and it's. NOT ,Jordies hand. Blind Freddy can see it. We have people suckered into believing it and continuing the crap.And they call themselves Supporters. He has done nothing wrong.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

While initially disappointed with the clubs decision on reflection we have effectively taken a punitive measure that should satisfy the desire of some to see Jordan reprimanded and yet we have left ourselves with the very real option of simply reinstating the same/similar contract offer before the season finishes.

For good or bad it's all about the optics in today's world, we can't be accused by the media or AFL administration now of not taking some form of punitive action, hopefully it quickly sucks the life out of the story and as long as Jordan is eligible to be selected this week all we have really done is put contract talks on hold.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

RudeBoy wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

How great has it been to see Ginny rile opponents, Coxy rediscover his confidence, Jamie achieve high-level consistency, Darcy Cameron improve every week, Noble throw himself at smothers and young Daics show every sign of being a gun? All very different personalities.

Jordy struggles with focus, but he's hardly an island in the general population. It might come to him as it did Swanny, it might not. But feeling vicariously embarrassed every time someone we don't know fails to live up to our ideals is itself immature.
^^ +4 :)
+5
+6. I can’t believe this is still a thing. He did absolutely nothing. Nothing but click bait.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

swoop42 wrote:While initially disappointed with the clubs decision on reflection we have effectively taken a punitive measure that should satisfy the desire of some to see Jordan reprimanded and yet we have left ourselves with the very real option of simply reinstating the same/similar contract offer before the season finishes.

For good or bad it's all about the optics in today's world, we can't be accused by the media or AFL administration now of not taking some form of punitive action, hopefully it quickly sucks the life out of the story and as long as Jordan is eligible to be selected this week all we have really done is put contract talks on hold.
Spot on. Smart move by the club. That lets him know what they think more than any dubious sanctions. Ball is in Jordy's court, get out there and show us onfield why you deserve a new contract while potential suitors are scrambling backwards.

2 years at $650-700k with 2 year extension on the table sounds good as a fresh start.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.