#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:While initially disappointed with the clubs decision on reflection we have effectively taken a punitive measure that should satisfy the desire of some to see Jordan reprimanded and yet we have left ourselves with the very real option of simply reinstating the same/similar contract offer before the season finishes.

For good or bad it's all about the optics in today's world, we can't be accused by the media or AFL administration now of not taking some form of punitive action, hopefully it quickly sucks the life out of the story and as long as Jordan is eligible to be selected this week all we have really done is put contract talks on hold.
Spot on. Smart move by the club. That lets him know what they think more than any dubious sanctions. Ball is in Jordy's court, get out there and show us onfield why you deserve a new contract while potential suitors are scrambling backwards.

2 years at $650-700k with 2 year extension on the table sounds good as a fresh start.
Yes to all
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:While initially disappointed with the clubs decision on reflection we have effectively taken a punitive measure that should satisfy the desire of some to see Jordan reprimanded and yet we have left ourselves with the very real option of simply reinstating the same/similar contract offer before the season finishes.

For good or bad it's all about the optics in today's world, we can't be accused by the media or AFL administration now of not taking some form of punitive action, hopefully it quickly sucks the life out of the story and as long as Jordan is eligible to be selected this week all we have really done is put contract talks on hold.
Spot on. Smart move by the club. That lets him know what they think more than any dubious sanctions. Ball is in Jordy's court, get out there and show us onfield why you deserve a new contract while potential suitors are scrambling backwards.

2 years at $650-700k with 2 year extension on the table sounds good as a fresh start.
Smart move till he says f&&& it and signs to the Saints for 5 years and we get a 1st round draft pick and that’s it
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

^ exactly
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by slangman »

dalyc wrote:Smart move till he says f&&& it and signs to the Saints for 5 years and we get a 1st round draft pick and that’s it
And probably not even a top 10 pick with how we’re going.
- Side By Side -
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

If your going to keep hacks (Keefe) on the list who actually break the law & the law of the AFL (taking drugs) then Jordy has nothing to worry about.
think positive

Post by think positive »

dalyc wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Smart move till he says f&&& it and signs to the Saints for 5 years and we get a 1st round draft pick and that’s it
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

School girls, flaming dwarfs, dick pics, what could go wrong?
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

And that was just one party wasn't it? Imagine the meltdown now.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

stui magpie wrote:^

I couldn’t stop laughing when I heard Nick Riewoldt act like the moral police
think positive

Post by think positive »

Why?

The photo of him was taken by a team mate, and he asked him to delete it, the guy didn’t and his girlfriend shared it , Nick did nothing wrong.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

There was other stuff I know about. And there was the incident with the schoolgirl that had more to it. Nicky might have cleaned up his act, but he’s in no position to lecture Jordy. Heck, most of the ex players in media jobs having a go at Jordy should look in the mirror first. That’s what makes me rant like Edward Maguire, the hypocrisy from media people.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I don’t recall him being involved in the school girl thin either

You want yo talk about the sleazy woman bashing north captain, I’ll agree!
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
stui magpie wrote:^

I couldn’t stop laughing when I heard Nick Riewoldt act like the moral police
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote: I couldn’t stop laughing when I heard Nick Riewoldt act like the moral police
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

dalyc wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I think this is a very smart move by the club.... nothing else has worked with Jordy, the penny thus far hasn't dropped on being and acting in a acceptable manner.

The club has now put it on him.... play well and we might consider another contract.

But it also does something else.... play well and let the other teams know how good you are... they might just dangle you the big contract you want...and get Collingwood the compensation we want.

I think if another club comes with a big offer, Collingwood will be happy to see him go. It is i think for the best for all concerned.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

My fingers are crossed