#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

The contract 'pull' means jack. It's just feeding the media chickens.
Get back on top.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

With the narrative shifting from the Opening Thread about why is he going to Bali to now he is most likely 30:70 going to stay, it would be interesting to know how many games he has won us this year. He has been a good contributor in the mid-field but doesn't seem to be the same matchwinner when he is forward.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
themonk

Post by themonk »

Cam wrote:The contract 'pull' means jack. It's just feeding the media chickens.
I assume you are right and Jordy and the club are on the same page.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times

Post by derkd »

themonk wrote:

I dont understand what incentive the club would have in 'faking' a contract pull? Everything i have read suggests the club is rightly apoplectic with DeGoey.

Let's say for the sake of the argument the club does want to keep him...they stand a chance of playing much harder ball and getting him on a much reduced contract. While also teaching a very important lesson.

Why would they undermine their own messaging?
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

"Is Jordan De Goey worth the off-field drama? Pies stall on fresh contract | AFL 360 | FOX Footy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vRUZwOKhPk

If I hear ONE more thing about De Goey, I'll, I'll...

Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Cam
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cam »

derkd wrote:
themonk wrote:

I dont understand what incentive the club would have in 'faking' a contract pull? Everything i have read suggests the club is rightly apoplectic with DeGoey.

Let's say for the sake of the argument the club does want to keep him...they stand a chance of playing much harder ball and getting him on a much reduced contract. While also teaching a very important lesson.

Why would they undermine their own messaging?
Good/appropriate PR? Doesn't have to be true. Welcome to the era of appearance.
Get back on top.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

They reckon on classifieds he won’t play Sunday, I’m guessing the leadership group will be regretting liking his idiot excuse post

Apparently the penny has dropped and he realises now he’s in deep shit

So I ask again, was she worth it?

And I answer. ‘No sirus she was not’
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Why would the leadership group regret it? They were supporting a fellow teammate who had done nothing wrong legally, but had been harassed by the media for days on end.

The story should have ceased the moment the woman concerned came out in support of JDG and said nothing untoward happened between them.

I'm worried the club is being sucked into the media hysteria, and they feel the only way out of this is to 'punish' him in order to appease them.

JDG's prone to poor decisions, but that's not a punishable offence.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

pietillidie wrote:Let it go, folks. We really do take the bait all too readily. Leave the discipline and focus to those who are so inclined. It really does take all types; we've been a graveyard of interest and exciting football for years now, and the stuffiness hasn't helped one iota. It's no coincidence that an uptight atmosphere has made us a no-go zone as a career destination and a black hole of excitement.

How great has it been to see Ginny rile opponents, Coxy rediscover his confidence, Jamie achieve high-level consistency, Darcy Cameron improve every week, Noble throw himself at smothers and young Daics show every sign of being a gun? All very different personalities.

Jordy struggles with focus, but he's hardly an island in the general population. It might come to him as it did Swanny, it might not. But feeling vicariously embarrassed every time someone we don't know fails to live up to our ideals is itself immature.
Great post. Very sensible analysis of the situation.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

There's no reason he misses the upcoming game.

Let's go, 5 in a row, string some magic footy together and force the media to change their focus to the surging young Magpie machine.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Getting fed up with the constant JDG bashing from the media such as Caro Wilson ffs
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

Caro is a disgraceful human being and I wouldn't waste a second listening to her.

Luke Hodge on SEN nailed it. Love Hodgey, the voice of reason.
Buon Giorno
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

Reiwoldt also showed his true colors, slamming de goey in one breath and then saying he supports the saints recruiting him the next day. Little Nicky...
Buon Giorno
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Caro was spot on.

Funny, look at the title, look at the date of the thread.

Sometimes people act exactly as you think they will, it wasnt hard to predict.

Nothing wrong with it? It’s the media blowing it up? The media didn’t follow him to Bali, they didn’t have to, one of his friends uploaded the video. If it was another player it might just be a sleazy night, but for someone with history it was down right stupidity. History shouldn’t matter? These people use social media for what ever it is they want, but they don’t control it, the only anyone can control is the optics. Who’s fault is that? It’s not social media, it’s not Caro, it’s not a conspiracy.

Just grow the **** up and get a decent baby sitter/manager if you can’t.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!