#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

TP, your sensitivities are understandable, but as I think David said elsewhere to someone, you've got to target them more cautiously. Two wrongs don't make a right here, and suspicion and dislike does not an offence make.

And you follow up David rightly wondering why you think you are justified calling the girl a tramp, with a similarly prejudicial rant against St. Kevin's. You seem to be compounding the vilification.

I do get that the broader subject matter can invoke reaction, and understandably so in some cases, but you still have to try to hit the dart board.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

pretty sure there is another speeding story in there somewhere too.

poor misunderstood boy!
think positive

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote:TP, your sensitivities are understandable, but as I think David said elsewhere to someone, you've got to target them more cautiously. Two wrongs don't make a right here, and suspicion and dislike does not an offence make.

And you follow up David rightly wondering why you think you are justified calling the girl a tramp, with a similarly prejudicial rant against St. Kevin's. You seem to be compounding the vilification.

I do get that the broader subject matter can invoke reaction, and understandably so in some cases, but you still have to try to hit the dart board.
are you up to date on all the shit the st kevin boys have been involved in lately?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

think positive wrote:
pretty sure there is another speeding story in there somewhere too.

poor misunderstood boy!
Maybe that's it - I wondered why I couldn't find "2019". :lol:
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Although, with the benefit of hindsight, this is pretty good: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/collin ... e93016cbfc
think positive

Post by think positive »

think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Although, with the benefit of hindsight, this is pretty good: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/collin ... e93016cbfc
should take his own advice, he was spot on
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

think positive wrote:
pietillidie wrote:TP, your sensitivities are understandable, but as I think David said elsewhere to someone, you've got to target them more cautiously. Two wrongs don't make a right here, and suspicion and dislike does not an offence make.

are you up to date on all the shit the st kevin boys have been involved in lately?
It doesn’t matter, does it? Because you face the same problem of impugning the whole. You also outright dismissed the boy's ADHD with the line 'poor misunderstood boy!'

I suggest you understand the condition better before dismissing it. Do you mock people in wheelchairs for not being able to walk? Then why would you mock someone for lacking the same extent of biochemical make up that everyone else has which filters noise, connects thought and action, motivates sequences of action in time, and connects experience into a coherent whole, thus enabling better planning and behavioural coordination?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Yes, you're quite right: "avoided conviction and having his licence suspended, despite pleading guilty to a string of driving offences dating back to 2019".

That at least saves me pondering what it might have been that the Club did differently in 2019.
think positive

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote:
think positive wrote:

It doesn’t matter, does it? Because you face the same problem of impugning the whole. You also outright dismissed the boy's ADHD with the line 'poor misunderstood boy!'

I suggest you understand the condition better before dismissing it. Do you mock people in wheelchairs for not being able to walk? Then why would you mock someone for lacking the same extent of biochemical make up that everyone else has which filters noise, connects thought and action, motivates sequences of action in time, and connects experience into a coherent whole, thus enabling better planning and behavioural coordination?
oh come on! funny i use that line all the time, every time someone mocks me for being deaf, which by the way happens at least 5 times a week!

man this thread is twist twist twist
i did not mock his diagnosis, i said poor misunderstood boy about his rap sheet!

i did say his diagnosis should not be used as an excuse for his continued bad behaviour, i stand by that. hes 26 years old, his life isnt one complete line of daily ****, your saying he manages his biochemical makeup the rest of the time? maybe its alcohol thats the problem? it seems to be a factor in each instance.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Yes, you're quite right: "avoided conviction and having his licence suspended, despite pleading guilty to a string of driving offences dating back to 2019".

That at least saves me pondering what it might have been that the Club did differently in 2019.
LOL!!!
Woods

Post by Woods »

I'm confused. Perhaps TP can help.

Coach Craig McRae said yesterday regarding De Goey, "I just want to wrap my arms around him".

If he does that without first asking De Goey's consent, is it sexual assault?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Woods wrote:I'm confused. Perhaps TP can help.

Coach Craig McRae said yesterday regarding De Goey, "I just want to wrap my arms around him".

If he does that without first asking De Goey's consent, is it sexual assault.
cmon lets twist again, like we did last summer, lets twist again like we did last year!

as an aside Mcrae is a good hugger, i got one at training, yes, i asked first for a selfie, he came in for the hug!! i love McCrae, love every thing he has said, love the way he has handled all of it, love his pure joy he shares with the boys after a win, love his encouragement!!

woods if you dont know the difference between exposing a boob and a hug, your mumma needs a spanking!