#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Read what I've said; it's far, far worse for un/mis/late- diagnosed adults.

Listen, you can't go hard at people like that and not expect push back. You don't know whether you have enough information to drive someone into the turf like that, while some of us have had more access to this problem than others.

In any case, and as much as you won't feel this now, I do get your reaction and I do get your sensitivities. I'm just focusing on a different sort of wrong here at this moment.

Bear with this because it genuinely doesn't diminish the importance of other issues which you very rightly believe matter. Not everything's a broader war to be fought all the time every time. There are multiple challenges going on at once.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Piesnchess wrote:They need a real problem in their lives, as i said elsewhere, my son is a recovering Heroin addict, he was in shocking state for yrs, when high, out of control, it was a nightmare only parents know all too well. Thankfully , hes clean now, and has a good job, turned it all around, but it was a close run thing, very close at times. Some on here need a real wake up call, to a real problem, not run with this media driven crap to slur our Club, and slur him time and again. Fact.
Wow, that's a real story and a real dad, Piesnchess.

People see so little from the outside, and would now encounter a bloke with a job doing well, and wouldn't know the teeniest tiniest fraction of any of that, as we didn't.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote: This is just embarrassing …. It’s him
embarrassing yes, but only for you. whether his arm or not, makes not one nanometre of difference to the argument.
There is no “whether it was his arm or not” - it is his arm. Pretending there is a skerrick of doubt is what’s embarrassing. Like Maradona’s Hand of God
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Based on the ADHD comments, surely the bloke needs a manager who has some qualifications other than being his brother in law
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

Personally i think this should all be locked down now. This blow up has gone on long enough. Tired of hearing about it. Lets talk about football and let Jordy sort his shit out without the commentary.

Go Pies
Bring Back Tranquilli
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

And yes I can’t abide the fact it’s gone on & on
Even me putting this up potentialy prolongs it

Best of luck Jordan
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

ABC 774 radio, just before, STILL running hard on this issue, STILL, holier than thou Ling putting the boot into the Club, and him, as usual. Short memory, one of his former team mates openly peddled Cocaine, oh but its all about Collingwoods woes, hey Hypocrite ?? Any, im done too, and now i do mean it, im so over this hoohah, it sickens me, how our Club has been dragged thru the mud the last week. Im done. See ya, oh en dont worry, i wont let the door hit my arse on the way out of this thread.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Do you think Stokes is more newsworthy, as of 25 June 2022?
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:Do you think Stokes is more newsworthy, as of 25 June 2022?

Yes i do, dealing drugs, hard drugs that nearly killed my son, genius, is far, far more serious offence, and if YOU had walked in my shoes, as parent going thru a nightmare, you would agree.

NO further comment, now i am done. :!: :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

pietillidie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:They need a real problem in their lives, as i said elsewhere, my son is a recovering Heroin addict, he was in shocking state for yrs, when high, out of control, it was a nightmare only parents know all too well. Thankfully , hes clean now, and has a good job, turned it all around, but it was a close run thing, very close at times. Some on here need a real wake up call, to a real problem, not run with this media driven crap to slur our Club, and slur him time and again. Fact.
Wow, that's a real story and a real dad, Piesnchess.

People see so little from the outside, and would now encounter a bloke with a job doing well, and wouldn't know the teeniest tiniest fraction of any of that, as we didn't.
The obstacles that ordinary people face and how they overcome them blows me away. Huge kudos to you Piesnchess for getting your son through to the other side.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Piesnchess wrote:

Yes i do, dealing drugs, hard drugs that nearly killed my son, genius, is far, far more serious offence, and if YOU had walked in my shoes, as parent going thru a nightmare, you would agree.

It was 12 years ago. And stop abusing people.

Stokes wasn't found guilty of "dealing" - he was charged with that but the charge was dropped. He was dealt with for possession and no conviction was recorded. We all know you would be apopleptic if anyone suggested that De Goey committed sexual assault in New York last October, merely because he was charged with it, so do try not to be a complete hypocrite.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Point Piesnchess is making is Jordy hasn’t been caught with drugs, but media carrying on like has. He had consensual fun and when the woman made it clear she had no issues and everyone should back off Jordy, it should have ended. Continue discussing whether it was professional of Jordy to party mid season, fine, go for it, but all the other hysteria should have been dropped end of story. People in media and public are acting like no one has consensual naughty fun anywhere. It’s not the Amish Football League ffs.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

It was 12 years ago. And stop abusing people.

Stokes wasn't found guilty of "dealing" - he was charged with that but the charge was dropped. He was dealt with for possession and no conviction was recorded. We all know you would be apopleptic if anyone suggested that De Goey committed sexual assault in New York last October, merely because he was charged with it, so do try not to be a complete hypocrite.
Stokes had one tablet of ecstasy if I recall correctly.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

^^ Crouch and Stengel were caught with a baggie of what Bailey Smith was photographed with. No charges, no suspensions, no media hysteria or lynch mobs. Crouch got a $700,000 deal trade to Geelong if I recall.
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Recreational drug use is a victimless crime. Should not be illegal.

Grabbing and uncovering a woman's breasts in public (which is the main problem with the video), on the other hand, is anti-social and misogynistic. It's a power play, combining a sense of possession, power and humiliation (she's mine, i can do what i want to her). Even if the woman decided she wasn't fussed about it, he sure as hell didn't ask before he did it. So it was a close call, and could easily have been assault.

I don't understand why anyone would think that is a reasonable way to treat a woman, even one you are consensually 'flirting' with. The fact it happens a lot is not an excuse, it is just an indictment on young (and not so young) men.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs