#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

neil
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

Piesnchess wrote:ABC 774 radio, just before, STILL running hard on this issue, STILL, holier than thou Ling putting the boot into the Club, and him, as usual. Short memory, one of his former team mates openly peddled Cocaine, oh but its all about Collingwoods woes, hey Hypocrite ?? Any, im done too, and now i do mean it, im so over this hoohah, it sickens me, how our Club has been dragged thru the mud the last week. Im done. See ya, oh en dont worry, i wont let the door hit my arse on the way out of this thread.
De Goey is the evil one according to Ling?
Does 'Windows" Turner ring a bell?
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote: It was 12 years ago. And stop abusing people.

Stokes wasn't found guilty of "dealing" - he was charged with that but the charge was dropped. He was dealt with for possession and no conviction was recorded. We all know you would be apopleptic if anyone suggested that De Goey committed sexual assault in New York last October, merely because he was charged with it, so do try not to be a complete hypocrite.
Stokes had one tablet of ecstasy if I recall correctly.
Nah, Coke. Caught buying it, not dealing.
Gotta buy it before you can sell it Stui!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Big T wrote:
I want men and women who live for the jumper and want to win more than anything else.

Me too!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ You're completely missing 2016's point. Driving laws were broken - many and varied - and some that carry the risk of a prison term. 2016 wasn't posing an "analogy" - the premise was an uncontroversial, known fact.
Bump
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ You're completely missing 2016's point. Driving laws were broken - many and varied - and some that carry the risk of a prison term. 2016 wasn't posing an "analogy" - the premise was an uncontroversial, known fact.
No, you're completely missing my point, but that might be because I misunderstood exactly what Pies2016 was asking and was in fact making a different point to what you had in mind.

To recap, I meant no laws were broken in the Bali case as opposed to the driving cases, so the analogy doesn't hold. Road safety laws exist to protect people from death and injury, so you need those laws, as well as laws that proscribe driving when you have a condition that interferes with safe driving. But in the Bali case, no laws were broken and no one was put in danger or at risk of injury or death.

So, in the Bali case, you're showing empathy for someone who has done nothing wrong but been dumb, attracting bizarrely hysterical opprobrium, leading to merciless bullying and harrassment, and then horrifying public humiliation by people who knew he had a condition and ought to have known its relationship with rejection sensitivity and heightened suicide risk.

In the driving cases, which happened prior to diagnosis, to be consistent you presumably would have the same attitude as you would towards anyone who breaks road laws.

So, if Pies2016 was making an analogy between Jordy's driving infractions and the Bali incident, the analogy fails in no uncertain terms. Assuming road laws are sensible, and I for one think they are, no matter how much empathy you have you still don't want people dying or getting injured, because you also have empathy for them.

On the other hand, if that's not what Pies2016 is asking, and instead he's getting at the far more complex question of free will and the notion of 'blame' as it pertains to ADHD or similar conditions that affect decision making, that is going to balloon out into a massive thread on neurology, consciousness, philosophy and law as it pertains thereto.

Pies2016, can you clarify what you were asking or saying, exactly? I responded because you asked someone who knows a bit about ADHD to respond.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Big T wrote:Any parking or littering violations you lot wanna drag up, or maybe he was done by the hall monitor for farting in grade 3?

We get it, he has a history. You see the crimes as far more serious than we do.

You know what, I don't want perfect citizens at collingwood, and that is certainly not the history of our club..
You’re very fortunate not to have lost two family members ( in my case both parents ) to a speeding driver because if you had, that wouldn’t be your opening comment. I can only suggest you remain eternally thankful for your good fortune because the same law breakers you’re looking to excuse have the potential to turn your entire world upside down in an instant. Its happening every day, so I hope you will understand if I don’t show the empathy for DeGoey you feel he deserves.
The Bali trip on its own, I could care little but let’s be honest, his “ annual antics “ go way beyond a night out on the town in Bali.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Pies2016 wrote:
Big T wrote:Any parking or littering violations you lot wanna drag up, or maybe he was done by the hall monitor for farting in grade 3?

You know what, I don't want perfect citizens at collingwood, and that is certainly not the history of our club..
You’re very fortunate not to have lost two family members ( in my case both parents ) to a speeding driver because if you had, that wouldn’t be your opening comment. I can only suggest you remain eternally thankful for your good fortune because the same law breakers you’re looking to excuse have the potential to turn your entire world upside down in an instant. Its happening every day, so I hope you will understand if I don’t show the empathy for DeGoey you feel he deserves.
The Bali trip on its own, I could care little but let’s be honest, his “ annual antics “ go way beyond a night out on the town in Bali.
That's beyond traumatic, Pies2016. My heart goes out to you, and no one would question you hating dangerous drivers.

As I said in my answer, driving laws are there to protect people from death and injury, so I strongly support them and see them as very different to the Bali incident, where no known laws apply or no infraction took place. For me, empathy by definition means protecting innocent people through strict driving laws.

On ADHD and driving, now the bloke has a diagnosis he'll be subject to laws pertaining to any conditions, injury or medications which impacts the ability to drive safely. Some of these are specifically listed, such as epilepsy and glaucoma, but because there are so many conditions, medications and injuries, temporary and long-term, that affect driving, there is also a catch-all general requirement to not drive if anything affects your ability to drive safely.

I assume those who carried out the diagnosis also have to consider the impact of the diagnosis on driving and report accordingly. Studies show people with it are more accident prone, so you hope this angle is covered in diagnosis and reporting requirements. Meanwhile, medication does help with focus, although at the same time it could have effects that need to be reported in a driving context, such as blurred vision.

One of the problems with ADHD is that society failed for so long to engage it seriously, and all kinds of science deniers and quacks diminished its existence, so laws around it are less developed than for other conditions.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies2016 wrote:The Bali trip on its own, I could care little but let’s be honest, his “ annual antics “ go way beyond a night out on the town in Bali.
That's the striking thing about this thread, really. I read INXS88's OP and promptly went into foetal position - I can't have been alone in thinking that Collingwood's biggest f&*$-up was about to f&*$-up again. If this had been the 70's, the key moments in disaster-movie history would have been Airport, Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, Earthquake and Jordan Goes Out for the Evening.

Meanwhile, Maynard is playing his 150th game and Sidebottom is about to pass Wayne Richardson's games tally for the Club and move into outright 4th-place all-time. Instead of celebrating the achievements of genuinely-great Collingwood players, we're re-making Groundhog Day.
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

think positive wrote:
slangman wrote:
sherrife wrote:Recreational drug use is a victimless crime. Should not be illegal.

Grabbing and uncovering a woman's breasts in public (which is the main problem with the video), on the other hand, is anti-social and misogynistic. It's a power play, combining a sense of possession, power and humiliation (she's mine, i can do what i want to her). Even if the woman decided she wasn't fussed about it, he sure as hell didn't ask before he did it. So it was a close call, and could easily have been assault.

I don't understand why anyone would think that is a reasonable way to treat a woman, even one you are consensually 'flirting' with. The fact it happens a lot is not an excuse, it is just an indictment on young (and not so young) men.
Sorry, but this would have to be one of the most stupid posts in NBB history.
It began with your mind boggling opening sentence and then deteriorated from there.

Be better!!
So you would be happy for someone to treat your daughter that way? Your wife? Your mother

PTID it is our business regardless of if she was ok with it after the fact, she did indeed prevent him exposing her. By doing so she made it clear the answer is no. None of our business? How many women and indeed men have been saved from assault because someone stepped in? If someone, male or female, had said ‘hey honey are you ok’ when they saw that it would be a perfectly reasonable question. It doesn’t have to get aggressive, but if you see something unseemly often people step in. And they are not out of line.

And just because it’s apparently happened to you, and you see it happen does not make it ok to try and expose a persons tits arse whatever, in public. It’s not ok. Never was, never will be.
Being in uproar on someone else’s behalf over something that they don’t have an issue with is nothing more than virtue signalling.
- Side By Side -
think positive

Post by think positive »

slangman wrote: Being in uproar on someone else’s behalf over something that they don’t have an issue with is nothing more than virtue signalling.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
not her behalf, the behalf of all women. and men for that matter.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies2016 wrote:

I am so sorry for your loss. And i completely agree with your sentiments.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:The Bali trip on its own, I could care little but let’s be honest, his “ annual antics “ go way beyond a night out on the town in Bali.
That's the striking thing about this thread, really. I read INXS88's OP and promptly went into foetal position - I can't have been alone in thinking that Collingwood's biggest f&*$-up was about to f&*$-up again. If this had been the 70's, the key moments in disaster-movie history would have been Airport, Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, Earthquake and Jordan Goes Out for the Evening.

Meanwhile, Maynard is playing his 150th game and Sidebottom is about to pass Wayne Richardson's games tally for the Club and move into outright 4th-place all-time. Instead of celebrating the achievements of genuinely-great Collingwood players, we're re-making Groundhog Day.
Bravo,

yes exactly what i thought and said:
think positive wrote:oh gawd, just when things were looking up on the dickhead front, please behave, please please!!

for the bolded, absolute truth! Go Pies!!!
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

think positive wrote:
slangman wrote: Being in uproar on someone else’s behalf over something that they don’t have an issue with is nothing more than virtue signalling.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
not her behalf, the behalf of all women. and men for that matter.
Uninvited crusader.
- Side By Side -
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »