#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Pies2016 wrote:
dalyc wrote:Fwiw, I think we’ve lost him. I think he believes he’s been poorly served by the leadership group and the Club.

Because he’s a restricted FA, I think we can force trade situation rather than accept the compensation.
You can’t “ force “ a trade situation because the whole idea of free agency is to put the power in the players hands so as to afford him the opportunity to maximise his earning potential during a relatively small employment window. This premise applies to both restricted F As and unrestricted F As.
Theres no point to the club seeking a trade because the return on the trade would be less than the compo pick. That’s simply because there is no need for any new suitor to facilitate a trade when Degoeys a free agent in the first place. Why give something away when they don’t have to. His destination club would just place the highest bid, Collingwood don’t or can’t match it and DeGoey accepts the terms of his new club. The AFL then determine our compo pick, likely between 9 - 13ish ( that’s based on probable ladder position and size of contract )
We can match the offer on a restricted FA I believe. If we declare to a suitor that we will match the offer then if they really want him then that forces a trade situation.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Correct - you can only “force” a trade by matching the offer. The problem for us though is someone else’s offer will likely be waaay more than we want to pay - so we probably wouldn’t want to go down that path.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Oh, give it a rest MM! If even half of "what you’ve heard" is true then I’m Mother Theresa. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

David wrote:Oh, give it a rest MM! If even half of "what you’ve heard" is true then I’m Mother Theresa. :lol:
Straight from a mate who plays AFLW, her words. ;)
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Back to the topic, do you think Jordy will appreciate the club President cracking a joke about him at an official club function? It’s not just Joe public, but our president. No wonder he’s pissed at the club suits.
David

Post by David »

If I may ask, were you there yourself when he said it? Or is this hearsay?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

/\
i saw this on big footy last night

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/afl/a ... -York.html

also, this thread got rather heated for me, i did not do well in getting my point across, big week with other things, should have stayed off nicks rather than use the distraction! here is my last word, i posted this on big footy, I dont hate Jordy, im just pissed that he upset the apple cart when things were going so well. As for disrespecting women, it really was not a good lookespecially with his history. then i got accused of defending someone who didnt want defending, yes i called her nasty names, im not usually a name caller. then i got accused of defending all women who deserve it!

"Suspension talk is crazy, he didn’t break any laws, Collingwood gave him non punishment punishments, and I back the club because he was on probation from the NY stuff. Now you can say they had no reason to punish him at all, well they didn’t really, but they fired a warning shot across his bow. No he broke no laws but his antics are a bad look. More importantly if he would go that far on the break when I’m sure the club said behave, what’s next? It’s all well and good to say they didn’t back him, support him, but they did, they allowed him to go. How he behaved is on him. If there was no camera we would not even be having this conversation, the simple solution is get better friends who don’t want to use your celebrity or notoriety to promote their Instagram account."

cheers hopefully he puts his big boy pants on and rocks up to training

apologies to whom ever i offended, no excuses.
Last edited by think positive on Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Back to the topic, do you think Jordy will appreciate the club President cracking a joke about him at an official club function? It’s not just Joe public, but our president. No wonder he’s pissed at the club suits.
Frankly I’d be pissed off if I was Jordan De Goey. The club president shouldn’t have said anything relating to De Goey, joke or otherwise, but kept it all in house. Craig McRae should be the only one talking about the players. Nothing surprises me about this administration or the previous one.
David

Post by David »

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

David wrote:If I may ask, were you there yourself when he said it? Or is this hearsay?
She said it to me and no we weren’t in Bali
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Alot of 'comedy' is making fun of the bad things in life so that we can deal with and acknowledge them without falling apart.

However as comedians find, not everyone laughs at their jokes. Fine too.
Get back on top.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I just hope it doesn’t blow up. And **** FoxFooty and the Herald Sun
David

Post by David »

Cam wrote:Alot of 'comedy' is making fun of the bad things in life so that we can deal with and acknowledge them without falling apart.

However as comedians find, not everyone laughs at their jokes. Fine too.
Sure, but a) Browne isn't a comedian; he is the club's president and thus in charge of internal and external messaging, and b) there's a bad joke, and then there's a bad joke at the expense of a struggling employee told behind their back. Even the premise of the comment, that what De Goey did in Bali is the barometer by which bad behaviour should be judged, picks at raw wounds.

Honestly, the closer you look at this, the worse it gets. It certainly puts a lot of what PTID has been saying in this thread about the attitude of the club's corporate leadership in a new light.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »