Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Did we have a chance to draft Massimo D’Ambrosio in the msd? I wanted us to get him but I think we passed or did Essendon get him first?!
MC's Mix

Post by MC's Mix »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Did we have a chance to draft Massimo D’Ambrosio in the msd? I wanted us to get him but I think we passed or did Essendon get him first?!
Essendon took him with pick 3, we got Carmichael at #9
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

MC's Mix wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Did we have a chance to draft Massimo D’Ambrosio in the msd? I wanted us to get him but I think we passed or did Essendon get him first?!
Essendon took him with pick 3, we got Carmichael at #9
He’s a gun but yeah, we have the Daicos boys for the role he plays anyway. We need talls, key forward and key back
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:I liked McKay’s game yesterday
He was McGovern-esque. Unfortunately we did what we normally do when McGovern is there, and just kicked it to him. But he wanted the ball badly and has the body to get it done.
Get back on top.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Just look at his brother….I think he has the ability to be just as good. Someone that could solve our problems down back or potentially be a forward as well. We should try and move heaven and earth for him when the opportunity presents itself.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by piffdog »

Not sure if this is purely clickbait or has a *degree* of truth to it:

Former Power and Lions’ midfielder Tom Rockliff said Grundy, who signed a $950,000-a-year deal to stay at the Magpies, “will not be at Collingwood next year” as the club was “happy to part ways”.

(From today's The Australian).

Wonder if there's any coincidence of his knee injury continually dragging out? The discussion of Grundy going somewhere doesn't seem to let up. Could just be a large contract and the fact he's not playing - suppose we will find out in about 3 month's time.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
themonk

Post by themonk »

Johnno75 wrote:
Just look at his brother….I think he has the ability to be just as good. Someone that could solve our problems down back or potentially be a forward as well. We should try and move heaven and earth for him when the opportunity presents itself.
Ordinary disposal, however will make a decent full back
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

themonk wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Ordinary disposal, however will make a decent full back
So Magden then
piffdog

Post by piffdog »

13, 41, 45, 47 not the most compelling draft hand this year. More motivation to trade (somehow) given we are trying to add talent. Be good to somehow at least get back into the second round.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

piffdog wrote:13, 41, 45, 47 not the most compelling draft hand this year. More motivation to trade (somehow) given we are trying to add talent. Be good to somehow at least get back into the second round.
Graham Wright can turn this into rolled gold
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

inxs88 wrote:
piffdog wrote:13, 41, 45, 47 not the most compelling draft hand this year. More motivation to trade (somehow) given we are trying to add talent. Be good to somehow at least get back into the second round.
Graham Wright can turn this into rolled gold
Not sure why pple keep saying these things about Wright. Pretty sure it was Buckenara who did all the great recruiting. Wrighty came on board later.
piffdog

Post by piffdog »

scoobydoo wrote:^
You know the saying “success has many fathers, failure is an orphan”. Do t burst the bubble for us - I’m keen to go on thinking the guy has never made a mistake…
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Trade week is where footy managers shine like Wright. Look at our draft hand going into 2021 trade week and see the result:

* extra picks secured from Gold Coast
* Lipinski
* Kreuger
* M Lynch deal

His inability to get "NED GUYED" (circa 2020) by other clubs was stark in its contrast.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

inxs88 wrote:^
Please, Lipinski wanted to come & dogs let him go for nothing. Krueger couldn’t get a game, Cats let him go for nothing. He hasn’t weaved anything magic yet. Let’s see if he can get Taranto cheap.