Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Why do drivers take so long to move when a traffic light turns green?

Most of the time it's as if they're in a state of shock that the light has turned green, then, once they've recovered and moved, the second driver goes, woo, we are moving, 6 seconds later and the third car in line has just realised he's behind the wheel of a car, 4th one takes off and the light turns amber as he gets to the line. You're 5th in line, you're waiting.

Why??!!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Maybe people are just more relaxed over there? I can't say that happens to me often here in Melbourne when driving.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Happens all the time here when you're waiting for a green arrow to turn right.

Drives me mental.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids

Post by Skids »

David wrote:Maybe people are just more relaxed over there? I can't say that happens to me often here in Melbourne when driving.
Relaxed? More like in a daze!

I just went to Bunnings, a few k's from home. There's a set of lights that cross Tonkin Hwy, they don't stay green very long, I was 6th in line , didn't make it, nor did the bus in front of me... 4 cars! If they were on the ball you'd get a dozen through easy.

And half wits that cruise in the right lane... are they cloning these clowns or what?! They're taking over the roads. Thank god I get out of the city for half of every month, I couldn't drive every day with the morons on the road today.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Don't start me on right lane road hogs.

I don't care on city freeways, they're multi lane free for alls, but the Hume Hwy is 2 lanes and clearly and regularly sign posted "keep left unless overtaking" yet these dozy farquits persist in camping in the right lane, right beside cars in the left. Just fkn sitting there.

Had one imbecile last weekend going up to Toc, sitting in the right lane just slightly behind a car in the left lane, with seemingly no intention to overtake. :x Sat on their arse for a little, no impact other than they slowed down. So ducked into the left lane and shot around them. Clearly that upset the idiot as they then accelerated and sat just on my back shoulder for 10 minutes. :roll:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Skids wrote:Why do drivers take so long to move when a traffic light turns green?

Most of the time it's as if they're in a state of shock that the light has turned green, then, once they've recovered and moved, the second driver goes, woo, we are moving, 6 seconds later and the third car in line has just realised he's behind the wheel of a car, 4th one takes off and the light turns amber as he gets to the line. You're 5th in line, you're waiting.

Why??!!
The main reason is that they are texting or looking at their phone.

I really wish the penalty was much higher to make it not worth the risk. Crushing their phones would be a good start.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Crushing their car while they're sitting in it staring at their phone would be better.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:Don't start me on right lane road hogs.

I don't care on city freeways, they're multi lane free for alls, but the Hume Hwy is 2 lanes and clearly and regularly sign posted "keep left unless overtaking" yet these dozy farquits persist in camping in the right lane, right beside cars in the left. Just fkn sitting there.

Had one imbecile last weekend going up to Toc, sitting in the right lane just slightly behind a car in the left lane, with seemingly no intention to overtake. :x Sat on their arse for a little, no impact other than they slowed down. So ducked into the left lane and shot around them. Clearly that upset the idiot as they then accelerated and sat just on my back shoulder for 10 minutes. :roll:
That’s how I got my last speeding fine when I did that and they suddenly sat on my arse so I sped off and around the corner came undone :cry:

Found though Trucks are particularly bad in the Hume, so many try to overtake another truck up a hill, especially the one just before Glenrowan, but anywhere up until the Crazieburn exit is the worst.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Next door Neighbour dumped a load of old bricks on his naturestrip 2 days ago. Late yesterday he's out with the wheelbarrow taking them inside for something.

This morning I see a short person, with hoodie and mask walking a baby stroller (the old fashioned jobs) past my place with 3 of his bricks in it. :shock: :?
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

asshole

i just read this, i would have canned his arse, how is this funny to anyone? so cruel, and SHES sorry!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueOffMyChest ... _husbands/
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

If that's for real, it's pretty messed up. What a douche bag.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I reckon finding a 150kg seal roaming amongst your dairy cows 30km from the ocean would be a fairly WTF moment.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-18/ ... /101345104
Skids

Post by Skids »

Yes, saw that on the news last night.... how??
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

They reckon it must have come at least part way inland via creeks. Imagine the poor cows looking at it.

Other thing is the seeming lack of responsiveness from fisheries dept, not a lot of stuff for a seal to eat in a cow paddock, it's gonna be getting awful hungry.