Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Presti35 »

It was evident that the umpires dont take official complaints nicely.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

The treatment of Ginnivan has been appalling to witness.

One thing that I love about Ginni is his calmness to get on with the game, even when things are not going his way.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Ginnivan is a pure bred ripper of a person. He as far as I can see has never dished out anything about he’s treatment of what he’s been dished out so far. AFL and the cheats fraternity will have to concede and admit one day they are bullies and pathetic people who never have to answer to any narrative of impact to anyone. He’s interview after today’s match was beautiful and pure of heart and he sure as shit deserves to be wearing the mighty Collingwood guernsey has much as an other legend in this team.
no second chances
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Ps now that I’m on topic, did anyone see how he use’s the rules to him and he’s teammates advantage when there’s a contest to be won? He gifted a mark to Carmichael’ in the third, maybe forth (can’t remember) by holding back Jonas?? who is 10 kg + bigger by backing into him and jumping backwards at time of the ball arriving so Jonas couldn’t get a jump for spoil. Brilliant stuff.
no second chances
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^That was fantastic strength, discipline and team play from a little bloke.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

dp
Last edited by RudeBoy on Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

pietillidie wrote:^That was fantastic strength, discipline and team play from a little bloke.
And his brilliant quick handball to Cameron which resulted in a goal.
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

He (IMO) didn’t deserve a free kick today, he blatantly played for 2, the high tackle he ran into 30 metres out, correct call was made IMO, on the wing when he went for that ridiculous holding the man free, i actually would’ve paid that against him as he was doing the holding, enough is enough, with the holding free he went for he completely put himself out of the contest, not good enough! He has heaps of talent, time to to start playing the ball IMO.

Also, can’t remember who had the ball 60 out but Gin was one out against Burgoin in the goal square with a heap of space and was totally ignored, and the kicker seen him, he was screaming for it long and he’d have Burgoin covered in a one on one.
Last edited by Marvelos on Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

The non free last week is the worst call I have ever seen in any game of Australian rules football, Stevic!!!
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Marvelos wrote:He (IMO) didn’t deserve a free kick today, he blatantly played for 2, the high tackle he ran into 30 metres out, correct call was made IMO, on the wing when he went for that ridiculous holding the man free, i actually would’ve paid that against him as he was doing the holding, enough is enough, with the holding free he went for he completely put himself out of the contest, not good enough! He has heaps of talent, time to to start playing the ball IMO.

Also, can’t remember who had the ball 60 out but Gin was one out against Burgoin in the goal square with a heap of space and was totally ignored, and the kicker seen him, he was screaming for it long and he’d have Burgoin covered in a one on one.
Agreed. There were some shocking umpiring failures today, almost all in Port’s favour. But none involved Ginnivan.
choppa
Been liked: 1 time

Post by choppa »

The non paid on the wing was 100% there. Disgraceful umpiring
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

choppa wrote:The non paid on the wing was 100% there. Disgraceful umpiring
Not only wasn’t it there it should have been paid against him mate, he deliberately locked arms and flopped like a stunned mullet, was almost like he thought he was playing soccer, have a closer look mate, he needs to cut it out, I reckon he’ll be getting the message this week at training.
Last edited by Marvelos on Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
choppa
Been liked: 1 time

Post by choppa »

Spare me

The high free kicks today weren’t there but that was was certainly there
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

choppa wrote:Spare me

The high free kicks today weren’t there but that was was certainly there
Yeah nah mate, umpires have been onto that move for 20 years