Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

choppa wrote:Spare me

The high free kicks today weren’t there but that was was certainly there
You honestly believe he was being held? He deliberately locked arms with his opponent and flopped, watch the replay, if I were umpiring I would pay it against him, every day of the week
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

I’m confident we’ll see a new Ginny next week, he’ll get smashed in the review, best thing for him.
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

Thing is guys, I’d say over 50% of the time he has ball in hand he plays for a free kick, it paid off early doors but now it’s hurting us, he needs to cut it out
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

Marvelos wrote:He (IMO) didn’t deserve a free kick today, he blatantly played for 2, the high tackle he ran into 30 metres out, correct call was made IMO, on the wing when he went for that ridiculous holding the man free, i actually would’ve paid that against him as he was doing the holding, enough is enough, with the holding free he went for he completely put himself out of the contest, not good enough! He has heaps of talent, time to to start playing the ball IMO.

Also, can’t remember who had the ball 60 out but Gin was one out against Burgoin in the goal square with a heap of space and was totally ignored, and the kicker seen him, he was screaming for it long and he’d have Burgoin covered in a one on one.
joined yesterday, , is your real name Stevic
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

simon tonna wrote:Ginnivan is a pure bred ripper of a person. He as far as I can see has never dished out anything about he’s treatment of what he’s been dished out so far. AFL and the cheats fraternity will have to concede and admit one day they are bullies and pathetic people who never have to answer to any narrative of impact to anyone. He’s interview after today’s match was beautiful and pure of heart and he sure as shit deserves to be wearing the mighty Collingwood guernsey has much as an other legend in this team.
100% and your next post too

He’s no one trick pony, never whinges , and just gets on with it
Last edited by think positive on Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Haven’t gone back to watch them but the goal square one he was very low but had just picked up the ball. The holding the man my initial thoughts were nothing in it.
There was a marking contest in the fwd 50 when the defender had his arms around him. If he’d played the ball he would have got a free but he leaned back into the defender trying to draw it.
At any rate, I do agree that the media etc should last off him, he’ll learn and adjust his game.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Marvelos wrote:
choppa wrote:Spare me

The high free kicks today weren’t there but that was was certainly there
You honestly believe he was being held? He deliberately locked arms with his opponent and flopped, watch the replay, if I were umpiring I would pay it against him, every day of the week
If you are referring to the contest with 8:27 left in Q2, it was a clear holding the man. There was no locking of arms or flopping in that play.

If you were an umpire, umpiring would be worse than what it currently is.
Haff

Post by Haff »

^oh FFS. I’m so sick of this forum. Keyboard warriors. “Marvelos has a different opinion to me, better bring him down”.
No need for that last sentence.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
think positive

Post by think positive »

WIAN IS correct though, that’s why I asked if his name was stevic!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Haff wrote:^oh FFS. I’m so sick of this forum. Keyboard warriors. “Marvelos has a different opinion to me, better bring him down”.
No need for that last sentence.
Are you kidding me? He/she went out their way to say...
Marvelos wrote:....if I were umpiring I would pay it against him, every day of the week
and I apparently can't reply without it being construed as an attack.

Bunch of snowflakes.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Burgoyne did EXACTLY what Ginnivan does and won a free for high contact. And people here still think there’s no umpire bias against Ginnivan. Eyeroll

And only Kane Cornes or Stevic would call themselves marvellous (edit, so would Matthew Lloyd)
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Haff

Post by Haff »

^did you even read my post or am I being umpired differently?
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Haff wrote:^did you even read my post or am I being umpired differently?
Edit; I was referring to this post “^oh FFS. I’m so sick of this forum. Keyboard warriors. “Marvelos has a different opinion to me, better bring him down”.
No need for that last sentence.”

But if anyone gets you above the shoulders, I’ll blow the whistle for you Haff. Just don’t bend the knees and stoop to Marvelos’ level ;)
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Sunday footy show, everyone (except Matty Lloyd) agreed it was a free kick to Ginnivan yesterday and he’s umpires differently to everyone else. And TJ then made the most important contribution when he said it’s them in the media who are the cause of it and mentioned the mental health toll on a 19 year old who just wants to enjoy footy. This echoes Gerard Whately on 360 last week, who made the point to Robbo and got a grunt as a reply. But a grunt is probably the most intelligible thing Robbo has ever said.

If the AFL really cares about player mental health, and if they really care about dwindling crowd numbers, then they better have a big cup of we $@&^# up and sort it out. Supporters from all clubs are sick of the umpiring inconsistency due to AFL over-interference, and players are too. All anyone wants is consistency, and not a 19 year old to be singled out and treated unfairly for what other players do every other game

Ginni is a ripping young bloke, cops it on the chin and gets on with it, and isn’t getting into strife at nightclubs. But everyone has a limit.