#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

As usual I’m totally disillusioned with Collingwood as the latest news suggests that St Kilda is likely to be the destination for JDG with Collingwood’s blessing. I give up being pissed off with them strengthening other teams with our stars and totally ignoring our coach’s wish to keep JDG
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

What maker you think they are ignoring the Coach's wish? Naturally, the Coach would love to have a fit, focused and firing De Goey in the team every week - but maybe he'd just like Taranto more?

Of course, that's all assuming he is actually going (and I do think you're jumping the gun) - at the moment all Collingwood has done publicly is take the 2+2 contract offer from the table. Who knows, perhaps they'll change their minds and decide he isn't a liability?
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

The club doesn't want to let him go, it will all come down to the price.

I think we will offer him what we think is a fair, probably incentivised contract, some other clubs may offer him significantly more, no strings attached. he'll make the choice.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Well put Stui.
Go Pies!
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

stui magpie wrote:The club doesn't want to let him go, it will all come down to the price.

I think we will offer him what we think is a fair, probably incentivised contract, some other clubs may offer him significantly more.
St Kilda says hi.

BTW, There are numerous other clubs interested in Taranto so it’s not like we have some guarantee of certainty. I don’t like it but let’s see what happens and I’ll let it go now. Getting highly apathetic
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

LaurieHolden wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Yeah, I agree swoop. However, if his manager tries to bend us over for a monster contract, then I suspect we will let him pursue that elsewhere. He deserves to be very well paid as he is a great player and a genuine match winner. However, he certainly has not delivered to the expectations of our club or himself, in terms consistency or of being one of the absolute top players in the AFL. After all, he hasn't come close to winning a Copeland yet. Nevertheless, he is a very important member of our team and I hope he decides he wants to stay and help us win premierships.
11 days until the season opener Rudey, have you secured tickets?
ha ha. Looking forward to watching the Reds again. I'd love to get to Anfield one day, but for now I'll be glued to my tv.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

stui magpie wrote:The club doesn't want to let him go, it will all come down to the price.

I think we will offer him what we think is a fair, probably incentivised contract, some other clubs may offer him significantly more, no strings attached. he'll make the choice.
Correct weight stui. While I'd love to keep Jordy, as he is one of our very few genuine big game match winners, I think the club is also keen to signal all our players (after the silly monster contract we gave Grundy) a new approach to player contracts. A Premiership winning culture requires a club's top players to sacrifice some salary they could get elsewhere, in order to win flags. Let's hope Jordy is on board with this. If not, then that's a shame.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

We cannot win a Premiership without him, next season, and that is a fact. He knows our Premiership window is just opening now, the Saints are a loose cannon, not a great side going places, he knows this, surely. My take is he wil stay , he seemed rapt post game v Port, very happy indeed.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

St Kilda - one pathetic flag by virtue of an extremely lucky behind. If JDG goes there, all the commentary about him being immature and making bad decisions in Bali makes sense. Facts speak for themselves.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

<Snip - do try to stay on topic. Thanks - Pies4shaw for BBMods>
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

lazzadesilva wrote:St Kilda - one pathetic flag by virtue of an extremely lucky behind. If JDG goes there, all the commentary about him being immature and making bad decisions in Bali makes sense. Facts speak for themselves.
I’ve got a friend who’s a big LFC / EPL fan. I thought I’d pick a club so we had additional things to talk about. So I picked Newcastle cause they’re the Magpies too.

He said nah, don’t do that mate, they’re a shit club. Won nothing, done nothing.

And that’s what I feel about St Kilda.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
5:11pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by 5:11pm »

Degoey been offered a 3 year deal with a 2 year option.

If the pies come to 4/1 the deal will be done.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Is that likely? Collingwood has already withdrawn its 2 and 2 deal.
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

I think it boils down to whether Collingwood honestly wants JDG there or are merely going through the motions to give the impression that they are trying when deep down they have already made the decision to trade JDG out and trade Taranto in. My gut feeling is the latter. Only Wrighty knows.
5:11pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by 5:11pm »

Pies4shaw wrote:Is that likely? Collingwood has already withdrawn its 2 and 2 deal.
Apparently the deal is on the table….