Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

When does the silly season with respect to possible trades, speculation and rumour start?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:When does the silly season with respect to possible trades, speculation and rumour start?
About 2 months ago.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

watt price tully wrote:When does the silly season with respect to possible trades, speculation and rumour start?
Does it ever end? I don’t think so! Anytime is a good time for speculating about anything relating to footy. I guess that’s why we like it
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

stui magpie wrote:
About 2 months ago.
As soon as a star player is on the long term injury list ;)
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

...anytime a player is 12 months out from being out of contract

...anytine a player wants to boost his contract negotiation position

...anytime a player on a large long term contract and has form dip!

Anytime a journalist is bored...
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

gobbles21 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote: We have Cameron and Cox, with Begg developing and could have kept Lynch if we wanted to. As well as all that we would have had the money to recruit Taranto and still keep De Goey. Typical of the former football department regime which tried to keep what they thought was a premiership team together ignoring the lack of talent coming through on the list. It's a mistake Graham Wright won't repeat.
Um, no we couldn’t have. We wanted to keep him. He asked to leave for greater opportunity. Hawthorn promised him a shot at being number 1 ruck.

And, umm I hate to break it to you, but Graham Wright was already here when this happened
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Presti35 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:My mail is unwanted advertising and bills to pay.
I got a birthday card once.
On your Birthday?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I think most of us will be onboard with the clubs decision to pursue McStay if they intend on either experimenting with him over summer in a key defensive position, they believe he's capable of more scoreboard impact than his forward role at Brisbane generally allows or we have strong intentions of seeking a trade for Grundy and a player like a McStay could provide another option as a relief ruck should we experiment with a single ruck setup in 2023.

If people want a glimmer of hope of what he might be capable of when playing as the second banana his round 4 11 mark 3 goal game against Geelong (at Geelong) looks to be his best of the season while the round 7 clash with Sydney (in Sydney) produced 3 goals and 6 marks.

Not sure how much recent evidence exists to suggest he's a viable key defensive option, however I'll remain open minded on that. Prior to this season his biggest hitout tally for a season was 13. He currently has 37 this season from 16 games so it's fair to say he's not experienced in that role.

I think where most people will have a concern is if the club is getting him to fill a similar role at Collingwood that he occupies at Brisbane and are comfortable getting that same return for $600,000 a season. We need to be aiming higher for him than that surely.

Mihocek vs McStay 2022

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=S&fid2=S
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

stui magpie wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:My mail is unwanted advertising and bills to pay.
I got a birthday card once.
On your Birthday?
I got a birthday card once
It was close to my birthday
Ok it was in my next doors neighbors letter box.
But his 7 yo already had 20 cards
Got $10 off his grandmother as well :D
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

scoobydoo wrote:
gobbles21 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote: We have Cameron and Cox, with Begg developing and could have kept Lynch if we wanted to. As well as all that we would have had the money to recruit Taranto and still keep De Goey. Typical of the former football department regime which tried to keep what they thought was a premiership team together ignoring the lack of talent coming through on the list. It's a mistake Graham Wright won't repeat.
Um, no we couldn’t have. We wanted to keep him. He asked to leave for greater opportunity. Hawthorn promised him a shot at being number 1 ruck.

And, umm I hate to break it to you, but Graham Wright was already here when this happened
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

^Yes they do but not many and not disastrous
Wright hasn't made any real mistakes yet as he hasn't been here that long
As time passes he will simply because no-one is perfect

I also give Fly a lot of credit for the teams performance this year
Also a lot of other people at Collingwood have helped

Eddie did leave the place with a ton of money no debts and lots of sponsors
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
gobbles21 wrote: Um, no we couldn’t have. We wanted to keep him. He asked to leave for greater opportunity. Hawthorn promised him a shot at being number 1 ruck.

piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

stui magpie wrote:
About 2 months ago.
Anyone else see serial arsehat Jon Ralph throwing players names around like confetti, during the halftime break on 504 tonight?

Anyhoo, Operation: Get Hopper, for mine...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

Considering our centre bounce clearance problems we probably should start there, costing us 5 goals a game IMO, I’m not sure who to target though.