#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

5:11pm wrote:Degoey been offered a 3 year deal with a 2 year option.

If the pies come to 4/1 the deal will be done.
I'd be pretty happy to see him offered a 4+1, gamewinner
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

stui magpie wrote:I hope I'm right too Rudey. I reckon that would have been exactly Jordy's initial reaction, but I'm hoping that since then and after taking the weeks mental health break, he's realised that the club had little choice. Right, wrong or otherwise, it was the only way to shut the media up.

Plus it sends the message, we love ya, but you have to pull your head in off field and start thinking.

If he wasn't playing last night, we lose. Simple as that. If he chooses to take the money and run, that's his choice, but we need to make sure we put enough to him to make it a hard decision.
I'm with you all the way on this stui. Let's hope Wrighty and Jordy can sort it out before the finals. A decision by JDG to re-commit to Collingwood could be a great emotional boost for the team in September.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

He’s certainly not playing like a player who’s already out the door.He seems fully invested in the team and is playing his heart out.I think it would be a huge mistake to let him go now.

This team is building something special,a unity that you rarely see in teams.That unity would be sorely tested if we forced him to leave.Look what happened when Treloar,Stephenson and Phillips were forced out the door.It affected morale at the club and virtually ruined our next season.We don’t want a repeat of that,surely?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Let's not compare chalk and cheese - getting rid of Treloar is one of the reasons we're now going well (and why we now have plenty of salary cap space). De Goey, by contrast, can - and sometimes does - play good football. He won't be "forced out the door" - but he might not like our contract offer when we proffer it and he might go. The two are not the same thing.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

doriswilgus wrote:He’s certainly not playing like a player who’s already out the door.He seems fully invested in the team and is playing his heart out.I think it would be a huge mistake to let him go now.

This team is building something special,a unity that you rarely see in teams.That unity would be sorely tested if we forced him to leave.Look what happened when Treloar,Stephenson and Phillips were forced out the door.It affected morale at the club and virtually ruined our next season.We don’t want a repeat of that,surely?
There's been no suggestion that our club wants to "force him to leave". All the evidence suggests that we want to retain him, but not on the dosh his manager reckons he should get, based on what the Saints are offering. At the end of the day, he will need to decide whether to remain a Pie, on less money but more glory, or take the money and run elsewhere. Part of the problem is that his brother-in-law/manager seems to be a glorified used car salesman. :cry:
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Our Premiership window is just now, opening, will be open for some seasons, the saints is slammed shut again they are utter shit, yet again, and Jordon would know this, like the cats stars, my take is he will stay, for a bit less cash, but to be a part of history, a Magpies premiership, maybe two flags, perhaps. He will stay, im confident now, his body language onfield is excellent now. Put that bali shit in the past, was all a media beat up, full on , a neil mitchell crap festival, its past, done, over, move on people. He must stay, and thats final.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

Piesnchess wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:His last quarter last night was massive. He turned the momentum of the game.

For Chrissakes put the original deal back on the table, last night showed absolutely we cannot lose him, we cannot afford too, had he not played, last night, we would not have won, its that &%^%&%^& simple, thats it, he is a vital , vital player for us, sign him back up now, itd be a wonderful coup on the eve of the Finals. Just do it, do it NOW. :o :?:
Amen, sign him ASAP, you can tell he wants to play for us.
piffdog
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

The murmerings seem to be that the same deal will come back onto the table, but with a couple additional clauses around behaviour.

As someone who was previously comfortable with either him going or staying, I dont mind this. Maybe we all have short memories (myself included, at the time of the last issue I was frustrated that he had created the headlines fairly or unfairly), but he can be a very good player, and most of all we want to win.

If he wants to be at our club (and it looks like it as best I can see form his body language) and the club can find the right terms to keep him ($$, conditions etc) then like some others on here I am increasingly happy with that outcome.

Maybe I'm a hypocrite - or perhaps this was always going to happen (gets back playing good footy and we forget about the scandals...)? We want our players to be good at footy first, and then try to become better people second, right?
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

piffdog wrote: Maybe I'm a hypocrite - or perhaps this was always going to happen (gets back playing good footy and we forget about the scandals...)? We want our players to be good at footy first, and then try to become better people second, right?
I’m conflicted. The bad boy behaviour with getting into fights is something that happens where testosterone kicks in, but sexual harassment is never ever acceptable. So however good you are at footy, respecting women is far more important.
However being a mere male, I’ll leave it for the female members of the committee and club to make that decision.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Son of the Boonman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Son of the Boonman »

lazzadesilva - have you forgotten that famous song parody
"When Lazzadesilva came to town, young girls run and hide"?

Maybe, like me you have grown old and matured

I’m conflicted. The bad boy behaviour with getting into fights is something that happens where testosterone kicks in, but sexual harassment is never ever acceptable. So however good you are at footy, respecting women is far more important.
However being a mere male, I’ll leave it for the female members of the committee and club to make that decision.
piffdog
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

lazzadesilva wrote:
piffdog wrote: Maybe I'm a hypocrite - or perhaps this was always going to happen (gets back playing good footy and we forget about the scandals...)? We want our players to be good at footy first, and then try to become better people second, right?
I'm with you - so its all about what level of behaviour can be offset by how good you are at footy.

Being convicted of the worst crimes would not be offset just by being Leigh Mathews. The same is true at the other end of the spectrum. A misdemeanour may see you get punted if you're a solid C grader (Stephenson?). Goes with the territory I suppose. But the better Jordy plays, the more likely the club will be (I think) to want to take on the risk. I guess its like that for a reason. Flags are hard to win, and a team full of vanilla, polite, nice guys seldom get it done.

Maybe we could find some summer league for Jordy to play in - seems he only makes bad headlines when he's not playing!
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
mattdally
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

As per Jon Ralph today:

"DeGoey has told the Pies he wants to stay. From a list management point of view giving him away for nothing (McStay acquisition neutralises any FA compo) makes no sense when you then have to use multiple picks on Taranto. Bobby Hill and McStay are definitely coming."
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Phhhh!!!
I shudder at the name McStay. Brisbane pls keep him.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

We get him for nothing. I don’t have a problem with it although I don’t think he’s anything other than average.

I presume Hill comes at a very low pick, because we barely have any picks this draft!

Tarranto I can’t see coming, unless we’re losing the likes of a Henry & Poulter who we’ll get picks for? Still, those picks won’t be enough for someone the likes of Tarranto…. Unless it’s our first future pick, plus those two players or the picks we get for them??
Beware the swooping Magpie.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

lazzadesilva wrote:
piffdog wrote: Maybe I'm a hypocrite - or perhaps this was always going to happen (gets back playing good footy and we forget about the scandals...)? We want our players to be good at footy first, and then try to become better people[/i],second right?

wrong

im pretty forgiving at first, but when the behaviour continues.... not to mention lack of effort, thats why i said after this weeks game he earned a bit of respect back, he really really looked like he cared

and for whatever its worth, i think he will stay
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!