#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I know for a fact that one important Board member, Paul Licuria, is a friend and great admirer of Jordy, so I'm confident the club will do their best to keep him. My only worry, is the unprofessionalism/stupidity of Jordy's brother-in-law/manager.

I am beginning to feel much more optimistic about our prospects of retaining Jordy now. Ideally, a new contract is announced on the eve of our finals campaign.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Hope so. Absolutely a key player whose best football is still to come.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

PyreneesPie wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:

How can respect/ not respect someone who do not know?
You only know JDG the footballer. Not JDG the person. .
This is the question that always bewilders me. How complete strangers can sit in righteous judgement of others they personally don't know just annoys the bejeezus out of me. :x
Yes, save that if you looked at the about-face scoobydoo did, you'd see that he was the one talking about "respect".

How people can twist and turn and not recognize that they're just posting the opposite of their very own immediately preceding drivel bewilders me.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

RudeBoy wrote:I know for a fact that one important Board member, Paul Licuria, is a friend and great admirer of Jordy, so I'm confident the club will do their best to keep him. My only worry, is the unprofessionalism/stupidity of Jordy's brother-in-law/manager.

I am beginning to feel much more optimistic about our prospects of retaining Jordy now. Ideally, a new contract is announced on the eve of our finals campaign.
I dont know if pinning anything on Jordy's manager is accurate. We don't do that for any other player AND I suspect one of the reasons he has his brother in law as a manager is so that he has even more autonomy over his contracts... From what we have read over the last couple months, if he had someone like Craig Kelly as a Manager there would be much stronger conversations about the athlete's decisions.

I'd leave the brother in law out of it - I think its inconsequential. Jordy will do what he wants IMO.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

qldmagpie67 wrote:I posted elsewhere the club has opened the talk again
McRae wants him to stay badly and is heavily invested in JDG the person not just the footballer and has made it clear to the board and Wright he wants him end of story
Maynard has is spending more and more time with him away from football lessening the influence his dickhead mates (who aren’t professional footballers) have over him
My understanding is McRae made a pitch to the board on the benefits of a stable environment for JDG and reminded the board he isnt the only player to ever make off field mistakes and turn there life around and not only become better footballers but better humans
JDG has met his obligations with regards to seeking extra help away from the club
The leadership group have been huge in taking time out to call or text him during his time away with injury and also checking in on his personal life offering a ear or advice as needed
He’s a regular at Maynard’s for dinner
I’ll give you all this tip
Watch the post match scenes in the room closely
See the interaction with JDG and the kids belonging to Pendles Howe Sidey Crisp
Does this look like a guy approaching a child for the first time or a player who has spent time with these players and there families and become familiar with the kids ?
The only speed hump to over come is as follows
The board
If they want to micro manage how the media would possibly react if we re signed JDG
The consensus is if he leaves the media would say a fresh environment would be ideal for him
If he stays the media will say Collingwood have endorsed his poor behaviour with a new contract
IMO we should say
JDG is staying and we will continue to support him while he grows into the man we know he can be and has the full support of the board coaching staff and the entire playing group
If this is true its wonderful news, and quite frankly the Board can EAD about the media reaction; since when did Collingwood care about the opinion of the non-pie masses.

They shouldn't forget they are accountable to the members
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

RudeBoy wrote:I've got absolutely no respect for Donald Trump or Vladimir Putin, even though I've never met them. Just saying. :wink:
Yeh love the comparison
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Pies4shaw wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:

How can respect/ not respect someone who do not know?
You only know JDG the footballer. Not JDG the person. .
This is the question that always bewilders me. How complete strangers can sit in righteous judgement of others they personally don't know just annoys the bejeezus out of me. :x
Yes, save that if you looked at the about-face scoobydoo did, you'd see that he was the one talking about "respect".

How people can twist and turn and not recognize that they're just posting the opposite of their very own immediately preceding drivel bewilders me.
Why are you bewildered? What’s twisted & turned?
And you still haven’t said why you don’t respect someone you don’t know? Must be a good reason.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ First, you said:
scoobydoo wrote:He didn’t lose any respect from most Collingwood supporters.
Then you said:
scoobydoo wrote:How can respect/ not respect someone who do not know?
piffdog

Post by piffdog »

Presser before the Swans game the coach was including a few more disclaimers than perhaps he did in the moment speaking after the Dees game.

Wants Jordy to stay, but "there's a lot to work through for that to happen". That does make it sound a little less like the club is ready to put the deal back on the table...

Obviously the right answer for the coach at this stage in the season, in the position were in is "i love the guy, i want him to stay, but we'll let Graeme Wright work through that as the list manager after the season..."

Gonna be an interesting watch. Trade period will be busy I think - not just for the Pies.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Gotta say the prospect of losing De Goey and Grundy in the off-season is a rough one. Kind of like Ball and Jolly coming to the club in reverse.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
piffdog

Post by piffdog »

Yeah agree David. Coaches comments on Grundy wouldn't fill you with hope if you wanted him to stay ("emotionally disconnected")...
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ First, you said:
scoobydoo wrote:He didn’t lose any respect from most Collingwood supporters.
Then you said:
scoobydoo wrote:How can respect/ not respect someone who do not know?
Yeh and?
Respect for the player or person?
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

piffdog wrote:Presser before the Swans game the coach was including a few more disclaimers than perhaps he did in the moment speaking after the Dees game.

Wants Jordy to stay, but "there's a lot to work through for that to happen". That does make it sound a little less like the club is ready to put the deal back on the table...

Obviously the right answer for the coach at this stage in the season, in the position were in is "i love the guy, i want him to stay, but we'll let Graeme Wright work through that as the list manager after the season..."

Gonna be an interesting watch. Trade period will be busy I think - not just for the Pies.
The coach wants him, Jordy would like to stay, but the Board will have to approve it due to media and sponsorship considerations.

Hopefully it works out. If it was as simple as "This guy makes us better" he would have already been signed.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

David wrote:Gotta say the prospect of losing De Goey and Grundy in the off-season is a rough one. Kind of like Ball and Jolly coming to the club in reverse.
You do marvel at us finding new ways to manufacture crises even during an incredible winning streak by reacting histrionically to every criticism or uncertainty. The self-esteem is so fragile, it can't take the slightest complication.

Every time the lowlife media or our own mob of loser supporters shriek like Neanderthals and take imaginary offence at something, we reflexively overreact and do something stupid.

And so deep is the effwittery, that crises and 'woes' continue to be manufactured even during an incredible winning streak led by a brilliant coach who is getting the best out of everyone. You'd think we were heading for the wooden spoon.

I love the apocalyptic trade threads which seek to escape the unbearable hell and torment of our winning streak by porting to a magical world where everyone gives us exactly what we want and the best players flock to us on charity contracts.

"But, but, Grundy earns more than me! And Jordy made them write bad things about us!"
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

David wrote:Gotta say the prospect of losing De Goey and Grundy in the off-season is a rough one. Kind of like Ball and Jolly coming to the club in reverse.
If Magic Man Wrighty can’t resign these two & then not replace them with top 5 picks than it’s a debacle.