Collingwoods drafting ordinary

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Mick's My Favourite

Post by Mick's My Favourite »

Johno - Didak at No 2 was a no brainer
Fraser was a no brainer
Tarrant was a good pick
OBree was from Brissy in the other draft so that is a no brainer as it is the best player available
Johno - great
McGough - pretty good

Given the No Brainers, there hasn't been that many good selections since 1997. Wasley was the worst as Stevens wrote a ltter to the club, begging them to pick him.
Presti_is_god

Post by Presti_is_god »

You cannot pass judgement on Fraser as of yet. Rucks take a while to develop their bodies and games. Micheal Gardiner being a prime example.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

We could have ahd Pavolich or Haselby instead of Fraser.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

only Wasley and Roach since 97 isn't a bad record ;)

you know its so easy to be a side line expert, even easier in hidsight, how can anyone possibly judge our recruiting record if they haven't done the job themselves? who here has access to ALL the facts figures, ALL the pro's and con's, who here has flown off to meet the parents and young fella's, who's gone and sat and watched every game these boys play in the TAC?, who here knows what MM has asked for from the draft?, who here knows which clubs will deal with the CFC and which won't?
I seriously doubt any of us are privy to ALL the information and requirements of our recruiting staff, and unless you are a part of that recruitment team, and I'm sure that if you were you'd have better things to do than bag yourself on a BB, you are just another self apointed expert, and it just so happends we have an abundance of those around here lately.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Good post MagpieMad. The recruiters only go on what they've seen, they can't be sure if they are going to be brilliant AFL players. Yes, Roach & Wasley were mishaps but I'm sure that they showed enough in junior footy to leave an impression on Judkins' mind.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Mick's My Favourite wrote: Wasley was the worst as Stevens wrote a ltter to the club, begging them to pick him.
Evidence?
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Mick's My Favourite wrote: Wasley was the worst as Stevens wrote a ltter to the club, begging them to pick him.
And where did the information come from?