Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

burnsy17 wrote:They literally just asked Mcrae 30 mins ago about Covid and the club. He said only 5 players were yet to get it…. Of those 5, some pretty important players!
Should have organised a doorknob-licking party back in the off-season
E

Post by E »

Pies4shaw wrote:
E wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:No, there isn't. It's around 3 days. He could have been infectious on the second day.
wow, i'm glad Nicks has the expertise to answer definitively questions no-one has been able to answer around the world in over 2 years. Thanks for clearing that up!
There's no need to be smart about it - there is a lot of available data about how quickly the present strain incubates and when it typically becomes infectious. I was trying to be helpful - if you would prefer that I not try to make informed contributions responding to posts you pose as questions, just let me know and I won't engage with you.
i'm sorry.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Adams will surely require major surgery if he has ripped his groin off the bone! Yike. Sadly, his career might also be in doubt as he has had recurring groin issues for a few years now. He is a true warrior, so I'm sure he'll do everything possible to be fit for next year, but we may have seen the best of him already.
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

RudeBoy wrote:Adams will surely require major surgery if he has ripped his groin off the bone! Yike. Sadly, his career might also be in doubt as he has had recurring groin issues for a few years now. He is a true warrior, so I'm sure he'll do everything possible to be fit for next year, but we may have seen the best of him already.
I thought the same. That could be career-ending. We gambled on this one and lost.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I’ll trade Adams at seasons end as well he’s becoming a liability always injured
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

90 nice wrote:I’ll trade Adams at seasons end as well he’s becoming a liability always injured
Groin off the bone. Went down like he’d been shot. Can understand why. It didn’t look good at the time. Worst kick since Mick McGuane’s dead leg. Tay always try to kick the ball so hard. No wonder he has a history of hamstrings and groins. Bursting up from the pack, diving in and trying to kick the ball through steel.

Has any player come back from this injury?
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

90 nice wrote:I’ll trade Adams at seasons end as well he’s becoming a liability always injured
Even when healthy, he is a liability. Our game style is one of precision disposal. We take risks but it works because of excellent execution. Adams is one of the worst kicks I have ever seen. His trier attitude just doesn't fit with this new style.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

DT wrote:Adams made it through 95% but it was an overloading injury so must have maxxed out. Looks like a 6 month injury. He really made a difference to clearances - big loss.
Yep, 6 months minimum if the early guess (ripped off the bone) is accurate.
I've been a critic of his disposal, but what he adds to the grunt factor far outweighs that part of his game, huge loss to our balance, huge.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

What'sinaname wrote:
Even when healthy, he is a liability. Our game style is one of precision disposal. We take risks but it works because of excellent execution. Adams is one of the worst kicks I have ever seen. His trier attitude just doesn't fit with this new style.
It is quite possible that Adams’s systemic groin issues are a reason his kicking has long been percentage at best.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Nope, it’s definitely his two handed ball drop.
Est. 2002
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Meredith1965 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
It is quite possible that Adams’s systemic groin issues are a reason his kicking has long been percentage at best.
None of this is true Richard Cole is ahead of him.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
themonk

Post by themonk »

Thank you, someone had to call it out
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

LaurieHolden wrote:

The only liability is your insight to the game and lack of observation of what he's delivered for us this year. The blokes a warrior.
Pull your head in.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

3rd degree wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote: Even when healthy, he is a liability. Our game style is one of precision disposal. We take risks but it works because of excellent execution. Adams is one of the worst kicks I have ever seen. His trier attitude just doesn't fit with this new style.
Richard Cole is ahead of nobody, ever, even Adams dodgy kicking is nowhere near terrible Richard Cole standard
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote: It is quite possible that Adams’s systemic groin issues are a reason his kicking has long been percentage at best.
Richard Cole is ahead of nobody, ever, even Adams dodgy kicking is nowhere near terrible Richard Cole standard
Pick 10 iirc
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better