#23 Bobby Hill

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Likes to strut around draft period like Essendon are THE destination club on the rise, and all others clubs must kowtow before them, and bend over and take the reeming he sees fit....
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

And thats the thing. His arrogance is a part of the problem at that club. It's no secret that other teams have avoided dealing with them. (Dunkley, Hill, etc) And also that other teams have traded to get in front on him on draft night (Happened twice last year).

The Essendon way of thinking of "we're Essendon" like the club is some kind of exclusive and all important place and that they're above everyone else is sickening. And the way they believe that success is owed to them and that it will just happen because "we're Essendon"... Sorry guys but it takes hard work and professionalism.

The stories of offering rubbish picks for quality players whilst also asking for a kings ransom for their average stars is laughable. But "we need someone that doesnt take crap".

Lets see how they go this year. They have a lot of cap space and points to gather for father-sons. They have some good picks too. However no one, as yet, has asked for a trade out. But no one has asked for a trade in either. I think Dunkley and Hill were the last to do that.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Pity he’s not 6’6.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

What I like is finally, we are becoming a club, other players now want to go to.
Bring Back Tranquilli
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Is getting Hill part of looking to move McCreery into more midfield time ?
We could certainly use some more pace around the ball and his pressure at the contest wouldn’t hurt
This could be part of planning for time after Pendles and Sidey looking to get others more midfield time
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Remember to send Leon Davis a thank you card ;)
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Is getting Hill part of looking to move McCreery into more midfield time ?
We could certainly use some more pace around the ball and his pressure at the contest wouldn’t hurt
This could be part of planning for time after Pendles and Sidey looking to get others more midfield time
No doubt the coaches would love to see Beau develop as a midfield beast. I guess that's why he has played further up the field, as a high half forward/winger, in the latter part of the season. Whether he has the smarts, instinct and tank to play as a genuine midfielder, only time will tell, but it would be great to see him become exactly the type of midfielder we desperately need.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

It's funny how this time last year Hill is "going to be a star". Then by November, he "isn't that good". And now he's "below average".
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He had cancer ffs, does everyone think it was just a cold? Wasn’t happy at GWS either, it showed in his footy. He’ll thrive at Collingwood under Fly and with Leon there
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

If he can do the front and centre crumbing it will be helpful. He can certainly take a grab and is fast.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

90 nice wrote:Problem is small forward we are after a tall one
You need both. It’s a mix between your tall forwards, mediums, defensive forwards and nippy smaller forwards with a lot of leg speed. Melbourne didn’t win a premiership until they recruited Pickett. Having one forward in your side who kicks all your goals is a detriment in AFL football today. All premierships today are won by teams who have a combination of the best defensive setups as well as a forward line with multiple goal kickers.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Ok, so he's almost a Magpie. He needs a nickname. I'm first! It has to be Benny..
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Ok, so he's almost a Magpie. He needs a nickname. I'm first! It has to be Benny..
Yes, Has a much better ring to it than “ Solsbury “
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

If it was Solsbury it would suit Ash Johnson as in "climbing up on Solsbury Hill"
I think therefore I think - I think
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Blueberry?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.