#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Maybe he’s just stopping over on his way to the Grand Canyon
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Piesnchess wrote:Did JDG commit to his contract with us, BEFORE he left, surely ??
Maybe he got the go ahead from St Kilda to go to Vegas? :?
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Bucks5 wrote:Jordy will fine. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas ;)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

think positive wrote:
Cam wrote:Well at least the Pies won't be out of the news over the summer.
Hawthorn says hold my beer
Yep, Jordy can do what he likes.

But more likely the media would sit on it then release in the middle of next season when we’re flying.
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

He is not in Vegas- unless he has a time machine.
He was at wacky Wednesday with all the other players yesterday- so unless he has a super powered jet that can travel from Melbourne to Vegas in a couple of hours…..
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Can’t believe people mixed up Jordy with Dane Swan
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Another Magpies site is saying he was in Melbourne yesterday and celebrating with team mates here, hes not in Vegas at all ?? They had photos of it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He is not in Vegas.
Not yet anyway
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

So there are two DeGoey's. Shame the shit one turned up to play in the PF. Imagine if the good one played?
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

mudlark

Jordy has a 5 year contract with a hitch.

Post by mudlark »

Reported that Jordy has a 5 year deal put in front of him but still a sticking point about a behavioural clause. Will he sign??
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I say yes.

But Macrae has gone out of his way to publicly state he wants Jordy. Which indicates to me, Jordy having being stripped and whipped, may be entertaining a sea change.

So I say Maybe.

But Jordy loves it here. the players are with him, the supporters have settled, the coaches are waiting with open arms... and a 5 year deal says we love you.

So I say Yes.

But maybe not
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

If that's true, I do hope it's a medically rational behavioural clause constructed by qualified professionals for a person with ADHD.

We don't expect the wheelchair-bound to suddenly start walking without a hitch because it says so on a piece of paper, so don't expect people with ADHD to fully manage compulsion, or to eliminate short-term memory deficits which cause otherwise important thoughts and plans to become temporarily inaccessible, etc.

Everyone can certainly commit to best endeavours, though. But this is a moment for the club set new mental health management standards, not unreasonable behavioural standards for someone with a clinical condition. I trust that's what we're doing.

Just a reminder, 20-30% of people in prisons don't have ADHD because they wanted to be born with deficiencies as understood according to the prevailing dopaminergic model of the condition.

Get it right, Pies. We're doing well in everything thus far, but need to be very careful about how carefully and insightfully we manage this. We don't want to become a science, medicine and mental health pariah; on the contrary, we want to become a leading light in managing people, led by one of the very best in the business at doing this, Craig McRae.

Over to you, club leaders.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:I say yes.

But Macrae has gone out of his way to publicly state he wants Jordy. Which indicates to me, Jordy having being stripped and whipped, may be entertaining a sea change.

So I say Maybe.

But Jordy loves it here. the players are with him, the supporters have settled, the coaches are waiting with open arms... and a 5 year deal says we love you.

So I say Yes.

But maybe not
https://youtu.be/fpaQpyU_QiM
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I prefer our original contract offer before it was pulled.

LOL.

As talented as he is 5 years is still a risk for a player who to date hasn't proven to be the ultimate professional or ultra consistent.

Is this the beginning of a new era for Jordan and his best is still to come or are we seeing an upturn in form and consistency this season due to the motivation of being out of contract?

You can be his biggest fan but if we drop the behavioural clause don't pretend you still wont be waking up for the next 5 seasons in the hope he isn't front page news again.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!