#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

swoop42 wrote: If he digs his heels in then we have to decide between succumbing to his demands and removing the behavioural clauses or betting on him not remaining at Collingwood after we match the more generous terms on offer at the Saints.
I thought as an RFA if we match the offer then he has to stay

Also isn’t it just about the money/term, not things like clauses?
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I’d imagine he doesn’t have to stay, he can still be traded or try his luck in the draft. But if we match the offer then he can’t walk straight to another club.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

think positive wrote:Hehe, yeah, ok then the club needs to get full results and what treatment in that case, if they are spending that much money on him. there are. MAny many people diagnosed with ADHD, and they manage to behave. I doubt many stand up in court and blame it and get let off for it. AFL is a business. We are in the business of trying yo win premierships. I reckon he’s a big boy and can rein it it. Does he want to play in a premiership window team or languish in a bottom 8 team.

He’s been brilliant in parts of games this second half of the season. Collingwood stood by him for the frisbee, the drink driving, speeding, and his various nightclub antics, time to repay that faith. I reckon he will, he likes winning. He certainly didn’t look on the outs with his team mates.
Heater had a very successful career with ADHD, when he was in a positive Club environment that is.
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

The longer it drags, the more likely it is he is going not staying.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

derkd wrote:The longer it drags, the more likely it is he is going not staying.
Isn't he in Vegas presently? If so, I think that's the reason for it dragging. And probably best that he doesn't decide until he's back - incident free - from that trip. Havig said that, the club would've given him a deadline, as there are other players' contracts and positions affected by this.
I find your lack of faith disturbing
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
think positive wrote:Hehe, yeah, ok then the club needs to get full results and what treatment in that case, if they are spending that much money on him. there are. MAny many people diagnosed with ADHD, and they manage to behave. I doubt many stand up in court and blame it and get let off for it. AFL is a business. We are in the business of trying yo win premierships. I reckon he’s a big boy and can rein it it. Does he want to play in a premiership window team or languish in a bottom 8 team.

He’s been brilliant in parts of games this second half of the season. Collingwood stood by him for the frisbee, the drink driving, speeding, and his various nightclub antics, time to repay that faith. I reckon he will, he likes winning. He certainly didn’t look on the outs with his team mates.
Heater had a very successful career with ADHD, when he was in a positive Club environment that is.
He sure did.

And Jordy has that in this new Collingwood, hopefully he realises it.

The club psychologist is working with him, Her name us Jacqui, She is the one everyone thanked when they got their club awards last year. When Maynard had his dance eith buddy last week, we could see Jacqui walking and talking with him. Yes I know her, she helped my child through losing her best friend and 2 uncles. we both now call Jacqui a friend, as does Treloar. She is that kind of person, She us utterly amazing, I can’t even express my admiration and gratitude for Her.

Maybe I sound harsh but I don’t think I am. Jordy is getting handsomely rewarded for his talents. Yeah he could make more, but at what cost? The club looking out for him is looking out for the club is looking out for him. Not much point earning an extra $200k if your blowing it on lawyers etc.

Idont think we have seen the best of him yet, I truly hope we get too.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Free Agency opens up on Friday.

Looking forward to hearing that he's staying a Pie. Any day now. (Could be announced at the Copeland).
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

I don't want to keep this going, but the misinformation out there on ADHD is incredibly damaging, so this is the last I'll say on the matter.

Like virtually every disability, ADHD covers a spectrum from moderate to severe, but sinisterly has a very high co-morbidity with other conditions such as depression and anxiety, to name but two which help turn things like forgetfulness, an inability to plan and connect experiences in time, and ill-considered impulse into something extremely pernicious with a high rate of suicide, incarceration, self-harm, poverty and unemployment.

And do you know where a good deal of the force of that co-morbidity emanates from? From being bullied, mocked and misunderstood in childhood for not being able to emulate social norms consistently.

Moreover, the resources of one person and the resources of another person, involving as they do genetics, parenting and security as a child, diagnosis age, treatment regime and sheer luck, mean that it is highly dangerous to minimise a condition just because one person in one life context with one health and life profile has managed to make a go of it.

Now, I hope Jordy has the resources and support to power through this, but we don't know a thing about his upbringing, genetics and co-morbidities, and how society treated him growing up. We also know that sometimes people look like they have great support when they don't, and many people mask difficulties with bravado.

If I'm not mistaken, Jordy was diagnosed late, and that most certainly increases the likelihood of complications. So, I'd advise stepping carefully with these things because you never know what's in someone's head, and god forbid when people have completely misread someone who ends it all.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Jordan: Update - not waiting any longer. Done!

Post by inxs88 »

Cmon man! Make your mind up!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

I’d say he has. He’s just waiting for Collingwood to blink on the behaviour clauses
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

He is so lucky. Grundy has been a model citizen. Two time Copeland and All Aus and loyal. Jordan? Well ....... Sign and move on.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Will be announced at the Copeland Tropy..... I hope.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Reckon his manager is playing "pay back time". :roll: