#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Podpicken wrote:https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/de-goey-rejects-collingwood-contract-offer-over-behavioural-clauses-20220926-p5bl4t.html
If true let him go. I dont care about how good he was in finals. We cant make the same mistake again.
Out JDG, keep Grundy and target a big fish next season when our window is rrreaally open!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Our Contract sets him up for life, as they are just now saying on radio, so if he thinks he CAN behave himself, as he must , then what has he to worry about, just sign the bloody thing, and behave, and hes fine too go. Its not rocket science. sigh.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Wants to get paid close to a million bucks while still reserving his right to disgrace himself and the club without sanction.

Let him go. He's not even that good.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Haff

Post by Haff »

This has really pissed me off.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

There a old saying don’t look a gift horse in the mouth and this contract is that
We’ve had every right to hold him accountable for his past and if he really believes he can behave then the clauses don’t matter
I have a feeling as I said previously his brother in law manager is a fly in the ointment
He’s been front and centre in saying nothing publicly which leads me to believe it’s all about the cash for him not what’s best for JDG future
The finals showed he’s a great talent but that level needs to be the norm weekly
Time for the club to stand firm
Tell his manager will match any offer he gets and the clauses will remain end of story

So he can go hunting any offer he wants he’s a required player on our terms end of story
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

He’s basically saying he knows he’s going to fork up again so he wants it gone.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

qldmagpie67 wrote:There a old saying don’t look a gift horse in the mouth and this contract is that
We’ve had every right to hold him accountable for his past and if he really believes he can behave then the clauses don’t matter
I have a feeling as I said previously his brother in law manager is a fly in the ointment
He’s been front and centre in saying nothing publicly which leads me to believe it’s all about the cash for him not what’s best for JDG future
The finals showed he’s a great talent but that level needs to be the norm weekly
Tell his manager will match any offer he gets and the clauses will remain end of story

So he can go hunting any offer he wants he’s a required player on our terms end of story
Not how it works. If you match the contract, you match all the clauses in it. Otherwise you're not really matching it, and the AFLPA would never have agreed to the option. So if saints don't have behaviour clause, then we don't get one either.

But seriously, aside from being an obvious dickhead, this guy is not worth 850 in the first place. Has he ever played 10 good games in a season? He's nowhere near the caliber of people on that coin.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

sherrife wrote:Wants to get paid close to a million bucks while still reserving his right to disgrace himself and the club without sanction.

Let him go. He's not even that good.
This, 110% this

Arrogance and greed
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Haff

Post by Haff »

I think 2022 was his best season. 2 great finals performances then found wanting in the prelim. That’s him in a nutshell. Just not worth it.
think positive

Post by think positive »

qldmagpie67 wrote:There a old saying don’t look a gift horse in the mouth and this contract is that

His brother is a yes man, if true he’s acting like a spoilt brat who wants it all.

I also agree with Sherriffe, he’s just not reliable enough, for that coin he needs to win every match, not just gave sparks of brilliance.
think positive

Post by think positive »

burnsy17 wrote:He’s basically saying he knows he’s going to fork up again so he wants it gone.
If he can’t trust himself why should the club

And b4 piedie starts with the ADHD excuse, that’s even more reason to have the clause. It’s a lot of money, and it’s a business, simply can’t afford the risk.
Last edited by think positive on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
think positive

Post by think positive »

burnsy17 wrote:He’s basically saying he knows he’s going to fork up again so he wants it gone.
If he can’t trust himself why should the club
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

I would sign on quick smart, imagine the backlash from fans watching him play for another team. He would possibly be the most un popular ex player ever..and thats being nice.

He owes the club, dont care if people think its not about the club its about him,
well we have stuck by him through thick and thin.

I would like to see if the behaviour clauses are un reasonable though.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Depending what the clauses are, unless they're financially related, they're basically unnecessary as if he stuff up then we could sack him under the AFL rules anyway without specific contract clauses.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.