#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

DP
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:^@Sherrife

They don't need those clauses, all that is covered under the AFL rules.

If I was Jordy, given recent events, I'd be concerned that overly broad and non-specific clause would give the club the ability to terminate the contract for something minor if they decided to do a salary dump and get my salary off the books if I lost form or they got other options. I'd want to make sure if I got sacked it was for something serious, which the AFL rules already covers.
Yep, given they way they massively overreacted over the Bali non event, I wouldn’t be signing any contract with broad clauses that could see them sack him over nothing.

AFL contracts already have the extreme options, of the board is yet again obsessed with our image in a woke world then we may as well let him go, piss Grundy off, forget about Mitchell and start the rebuild until after the boards been kicked out..,
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

MJ23 wrote:I wanted to keep Degoey and Grundy.
I accepted the fact Grundy is gone and we keep Degoey. I beleive the contract on offer has triggers in just the first 2 yrs that are easily met and even in those years would have him on significant dollars.
And still he wont sign.......

I say move him. Im sick of players holding the club to ransom when we have just seen a Club win a flag with players on less because they want success and want to be there.

Keep Grundy.
Trade for Macstay - anything above 2nd round is a win with FA compensation for Degoey.
Bring all the players in we are expecting.
Henry for a first.
The late first will go in trade for Mitchell - whp I think we need to help until the kids come on - hew will be a great clearance mentor.

Should leave us with a couple of picks under 20 and some great role players.

Then Id have someone buy drinks for Degoey every time I saw him out...........
spat out me tea!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

[quote="September Zeros"]There’s a lot of hair triggers being pulled here and certainly the guns going off half cocked to match it. Can we hold back our aggression a little?

I think if there was a psychologist in the room there’d be a flood of mirrored frustration and control issues being diagnosed.

Can Jordy not maintain the right to have some of the finer points clarified in the behavioural clauses?

Sound like he accepts them by and large and just needs some clarification. It is after all his livelihood.

I like Jordy, I think he will stay
think positive

Post by think positive »

lazzadesilva wrote:
sherrife wrote: But even if he would sign, we should let him walk. He's not much chop, and he's a total d*ck.
Okay so you are happy to let a player who has problems conforming to the clubs demands and rules leave. I remember Phil Carman being a dick and being let go. We didn’t win a flag for years after that. We can’t do both. Either we let him go and bring another team closer to ultimate success or we manage the situation as best as we can and hope his behaviour is acceptable. The reality is that if we let him go, our premiership window will be much smaller and all the achievements this year will be wasted. I want to know how Bruz is doing trying to curb JDG’s dick behaviours and if Craig McRae is still talking to him about this stuff. If the club decides that enough is enough, so be it but we should accept that it will delay any dreams of a flag for a while.
If I remember rightly phil carmen head butted an umpire and missed finals?

Shame there wasn’t a clause!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Remember folks, the season is now OVER, football writers and footy hacks, now have to find stuff to write about, innuendo, rumours, scuttlebutt, trade rumour mill, and as we ALL know, anything Collingwood is grist for the rumour mill, we sell papers, we dominate the media, so the hacks need to sometimes make up crap bout us, innuendo, and this is manna from heaven for the Age. If we were Nth Melb, would this be huge news, NO. We sell newspapers, TV ratings, etc.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

think positive wrote: If I remember rightly phil carmen head butted an umpire and missed finals? Shame there wasn’t a clause!
Luckily not while playing for us but I doubt any clause would have stopped his behaviour towards the boundary umpire
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

In reference to the title of this thread...hopefully he is waiting for another club to come knocking
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I can't help thinking our club has mishandled JDG for some time. We have let the media panic us into jumping at shadows. The fact is, despite media reports of him sexually assaulting a woman in the US, he was only found guilty of a misdemeanour offence. Then the whole Bali thing was a complete media beat up. Sadly on both occasions our club responded to the media nonsense as if JDG had been guilty as hell.

Therefore it doesn't surprise me that his manager is now telling the club to back the phuck up. Seriously, there are enough behavioural rules already in place for all players, without the need for special clauses for Jordy. We need to suck it up and let bygones be bygones and get JDG to sign on for 5 yrs.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I don't have any problem with Jordan wanting behavioural clauses to be clear and specific. No matter his behaviour, they'll cause him real headaches. The media will be all over even the smell of any issue. If he has other clubs offering contracts with no such clauses, it would be tempting.

And as mentioned, there is reason to be wary of the way the club handles contracts. It's now had buyer's remorse on two high profile players. If the behavioural clauses are too broad and they have similar remorse, it's fair to be concerned they'd look to trigger it for a minor incident.

So it's not just about Jordan having to "behave". But even there, we've seen many players, not all "bad boys", involved in incidents of varying degrees, including Pendles, Elliott, Sidebottom. Things can happen to or around a player. No matter what, it's going to be heavily scrutinised and overblown by the media, the behavioural clauses exacerbate this further. Does this bring the club into "disrepute"? It is important to know exactly what behaviour will trigger these clauses, it isn't a simple or small thing.
Well done boys!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

A very predictable turn of events.

De Goey has the whip hand here with a contract offer in place from St Kilda, while our intention to sign McStay as a free agent only complicates the matter further in his favour.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

He pays his manager to look after his interest, his manager has a duty to negotiate.

End of the day, we offer terms to our total advantage, and across the road there are no terms.

Brown is a lawyer and would have come up with some wording which I reckon would be tough on anybody.

Stengle says hello.

I would guess Collingwood has started tough stance, there will be compromise.

The player is in our hands and ours to lose. Bit like saying no to Tony Lockett.

To our ultimate detriment.
think positive

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:I can't help thinking our club has mishandled JDG for some time. We have let the media panic us into jumping at shadows. The fact is, despite media reports of him sexually assaulting a woman in the US, he was only found guilty of a misdemeanour offence. Then the whole Bali thing was a complete media beat up. Sadly on both occasions our club responded to the media nonsense as if JDG had been guilty as hell.

Therefore it doesn't surprise me that his manager is now telling the club to back the phuck up. Seriously, there are enough behavioural rules already in place for all players, without the need for special clauses for Jordy. We need to suck it up and let bygones be bygones and get JDG to sign on for 5 yrs.
And I can’t help wondering how much that misdemeanour only charge cost him. Not to mention the frisbee, and driving charges. Hopefully the club was expecting a negotiation, and by tomorrow the clause is clarified to his liking. Talking about 4 million plus over 5 years, that’s damn good coin. Only fair the club is confident he will earn the money.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

sherrife wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
sherrife wrote:Wants to get paid close to a million bucks while still reserving his right to disgrace himself and the club without sanction.

Let him go. He's not even that good.
Complete b.s
Not asking for $1 million & how do you know what Collingwood is asking of him.
So you’ll be happy with Wrighty the magician losing Grundy JDG & Henry this trade period? That won’t set Collingwood back at all.
I presume they're asking him not to get arrested and charged with violent, anti-social crimes, refrain from aggressively groping women in public, and other such minimal standards. Adhering to basic social protocols shouldn't be much to expect of a man on close to 1 million bucks. (850k is quite close to a million, I would say).

But even if he would sign, we should let him walk. He's not much chop, and he's a total d*ck.
Presumptions are the mother of all %$^ ups. Imo I think it’s something closer to ‘not bringing the club into disrepute’’. Which is quiet broad.