#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ With all due respect, an ageing Mitchell aint no De Goey. No.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

LOL at using Sydney as an example of a desirable culture. The only club with a worse GF winning percentage than Collingwood. Flukes the 2012 flag and has been shit in GFs ever since. That’s after a 72 year premiership drought.

Think we can aim higher than that.
5:11pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by 5:11pm »

The club has conceded ground on the ‘behavioural clauses’ in the contract and Degoey has signed for 5 years.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 52 times

Post by warburton lad »

5:11pm wrote:The club has conceded ground on the ‘behavioural clauses’ in the contract and Degoey has signed for 5 years.
Goodness me.... that is tremendous news.

I wonder if the club backed down in light of the intervention of the AFLPA??

I assume that the club now does not have to 'trade' to get McStay to retain our compensation pick for De Goey (whatever that would have looked like).

Retain Henry and Grundy and this will be a good period for the Pies..

Interesting to note that zero has come out about Grundy heading off to Melbourne (or anywhere else) now...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

5:11pm wrote:The club has conceded ground on the ‘behavioural clauses’ in the contract and Degoey has signed for 5 years.
Source?Great news if true.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Deja Vu wrote:The standard AFL contract contains behavioural clauses. There is zero need to have additional ones in there. What do St Kilda do at their club that they’d be prepared to take the risk? Clubs back their culture to turn around recidivists, why would we be any different?

Clubs have shown time and time again that they can’t be trusted when it comes to dishing out punishment for off field discretions. That’s the AFL’s job, just like they deal with on field discretions through the MRP and Tribunal.

If the off field incident is egregious the league will deal with it. Everything else is just jumping at shadows unnecessarily.
Serious question: Have there been any incidents that invoked said contractual behavioural clauses for any individual players, that were deemed so detrimental to the reputation/image of the game,
that the AwFuL actually took the punishment decision process away from that player's club, and imposed a sanction or termination over such a breech?

Perhaps it's poor recollection on my part, but other than a couple of drug related issues with Cousens, W.Rioli etc, and the Essendoping scandal, I'm drawing a blank?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Big T »

I think Jordy is being portrayed in an unfair light here. I'm sure there are issues with the wording and it needs to be Fajr for him and the club.
Buon Giorno
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 52 times

Post by warburton lad »

I think Lovett got sacked by St Kilda after he was alleged to have committed and illegal act between the time he was traded by Essendon.

I seem to recall a Magpie draftee never played for the club after an alleged assault on a police officer.

Only two that come to mind.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Cousins is the only player that I know of that was deregistered.

In terms of the AFL stepping in and administering a punishment, they did it earlier this year when Bailey Smith was given 2 weeks for the video of his drug use.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Ducking rich of people and the media to accuse the club of treating Jordy badly. Like they stood up for him after Bali and NYC, so supportive.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Deja Vu wrote:Cousins is the only player that I know of that was deregistered.

In terms of the AFL stepping in and administering a punishment, they did it earlier this year when Bailey Smith was given 2 weeks for the video of his drug use.
Sounds about right now that you mention it...
warburton lad wrote:I seem to recall a Magpie draftee never played for the club after an alleged assault on a police officer...
That would be Jonathon Ross, who we secured from Adelaide late 1996, and was promptly sacked by Shaw before the pre-season had even concluded.
Think Hotton got sacked over same incident, and nearly took Mark Richardson down with them...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Does ANY other Club have any behavioural clauses in their contracts , for any of their players, or are we the only ones to do this righteous stuff ??.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

IS this fact, for just fantasy, I have not heard or seen anything to support this, of course, I hope its true. :? :?

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Piesnchess wrote:Does ANY other Club have any behavioural clauses in their contracts , for any of their players, or are we the only ones to do this righteous stuff ??.
No other club has De Goey on their list, so the question doesn't really arise.
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Nice to see Timmy and Channel 7 reporting like we're the evil footy club again.

:roll:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!