What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Spot on Woods.
Yes, I have GSR & CNJ, nice 1st hole at Mt Thirsty... next to GAL.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

nice mate, I sold my GAL last year :((
been holding LEG for years, done nothing.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

You'd be spewing! They could be anything in a couple of months, not sure if you've seen their latest announcements?
I'm betting that's a massive deposit.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I was washing my beanies and blankets and I always hang the beanies up and put the blankets in the dryer to not shrink or damage the beanies.

Yet when I pulled the blankets out of the dryer my favourite Collingwood beanie had gotten caught up and ended in the dryer.

My worst fears imagined, it’s shrunk
Woods Of Ypres
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

^ reminds me of my idiot ex-girlfriend who put about $400 worth of my new clothes in a dryer. turned everything into crop-tops.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Lol,

Had a very enjoyable pat 7 days, which I'll write about when I'm home on the PC, but this arvo was a blip.

Up in Toc, rained all day yesterday, nice today, so mid arvo thought I'd clear a blocked downpipe which resulted in accidentally ripping the old galvanized fkn pipe clean off. :evil:

Then it starts raining again.

Quick trip to cobram for a 3m length of 90mm poly pipe and a 22.5 degree elbow, fitting it up is job for tomorrow morning before I head home.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.

Post by #26 »

Umpires "putting away the whistle" or "being red hot" on something. There's nothing more infuriating than when umpires have been "letting something go" only to finally ping us for it at a crucial stage of a game. It's very simple if the rule book says it's a free kick pay it. Don't just pay free kicks when you feel like it. Secondly this business of "putting away the whistle" in finals disadvantages teams that rely on high pressure and high tackle counts.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Mowed the back lawn this morning before the rain came in. Nearly finished, the mower suddenly went Bang and started shaking like a shithouse rat.

Turned it off and found one of the blades had come off. Fkn 4 stroke piece of shit, it's been running like a chaffcutter for ages, tip it on it's side to work on the blade I'm going to have the sump oil go everywhere.

Put it in the shed and bought a new Victa 2 stroke. I might pull the old one apart one day and hook the motor up to a skateboard or something fun.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
partypie

Post by partypie »

Being rostered onto work tonight.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Red light cameras.

Few weeks back, coming home from a early doctors appointment, followed a slow poke through an amber right turn arrow.

$434 fine and 3 points because apparently the light turned red 0.7 seconds before I went through. Utter fkn bullshit.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:Red light cameras.

Few weeks back, coming home from a early doctors appointment, followed a slow poke through an amber right turn arrow.

$434 fine and 3 points because apparently the light turned red 0.7 seconds before I went through. Utter fkn bullshit.
Red light camera I can accept.

Bullshit speed camera, fixed and the rear firing mobile ones are just a revenue raising joke. When you have to spend more time watching your dashboard and the shoulder 500m away, rather than the road you're driving on, something is wrong.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:Red light cameras.

I got done back in my younger days for 0.2 seconds…
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

A group of complete scum were racist to my beloved at the pub. It didn't end well for them. Mother effers won't be doing that again for a while. No violence, just a fitting humiliation. Breathe. Calm. Dismiss.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

pietillidie wrote:A group of complete scum were racist to my beloved at the pub. It didn't end well for them. Mother effers won't be doing that again for a while. No violence, just a fitting humiliation. Breathe. Calm. Dismiss.
Sorry to hear but well done you and ur partner
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman