2022 Trade Period. (COMPLETED)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

BazBoy wrote:Adelaide think on taking Poulter

Frampton wants to join Pies

A swap ???
Crows already said no. But word is Poulter wants to go back to SA.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

Thanks
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Was there any trading done on the weekend I assume it all resumes Monday morning
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

rosspies wrote:I believe Mitchell would be the best recruit so far. All the recruits we are looking at or got in so far are c grade players at best. We could turn around our clearance issues with highlights like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJF47Z6k0ag
There's absolutely no doubt Mitchell can get the ball, it's the quality of what he has done with in the past that is the problem . If was able to fit in with our game style and quickly give off to the advantage of our players, as he did in some of those highlights, he would be an asset. If however, all he did was amass large numbers of largely ineffective disposals, then he wouldn't.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:
rosspies wrote:I believe Mitchell would be the best recruit so far. All the recruits we are looking at or got in so far are c grade players at best. We could turn around our clearance issues with highlights like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJF47Z6k0ag
There's absolutely no doubt Mitchell can get the ball, it's the quality of what he has done with in the past that is the problem . If was able to fit in with our game style and quickly give off to the advantage of our players, as he did in some of those highlights, he would be an asset. If however, all he did was amass large numbers of largely ineffective disposals, then he wouldn't.
If you are happy to have Taylor Adams in the team, then you'd be even happier with Mitchell.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

As much as I struggle to see Adams and Mitchell in the same team, if Adams goes down again late in the season, we will be exposed again.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Mitchell has all of Adams' flaws and none of his courage.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:Just saw the ordinary highlights of Fiorini.
Wasn't aware we were interested in trading another small/medium forward!
Why not use Henry? (since miserly Geelong waiting to swap for a packet of chips).
Is it just me or are most posters totally underwhelmed by the prospective recruits and trades taking place at the moment? There seems to be a distinct lack of the usual excitement that this period normally producers. Is this an extension of the feeling of frustration at the two finals losses we had after an incredible season? Maybe we can get a bit more excited by draft day and all this depressing negativity hopefully goes away.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

3 Days to go. And what a big three days it will be for the club.

We'll all be waiting on the news of Grundy and Henry. And the possible ins, including Mitchell, Frampton, Fiorini,

Other deals could be Setterfield to Essendon, Matt Crouch out of Adelaide, Dunkley to the Lions or PSD, Gunston to the Lions, Lobb to the Dogs, Hopper to Richmond, Jackson to Freo, and of course Bowes to Geelong amongst others.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Presti35 wrote:3 Days to go. And what a big three days it will be for the club.

We'll all be waiting on the news of Grundy and Henry. And the possible ins, including Mitchell, Frampton, Fiorini,

Other deals could be Setterfield to Essendon, Matt Crouch out of Adelaide, Dunkley to the Lions or PSD, Gunston to the Lions, Lobb to the Dogs, Hopper to Richmond, Jackson to Freo, and of course Bowes to Geelong amongst others.
Could be more as well
I am Da Man
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Mitchell has all of Adams' flaws and none of his courage.
Brownlow Medal notwithstanding....he is no Woewoeful, but I'm not sure about this guy...wasn't McInnes supposed to be our Adams replacement?
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Presti35 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:Adelaide think on taking Poulter

Frampton wants to join Pies

A swap ???
Crows already said no. But word is Poulter wants to go back to SA.
I don’t think this is correct. I think the kid wants a contract. We haven’t offered one. I think he’d sign if we wanted to keep him.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Dunno how to feel about the new Weideman to Essendon news.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Couldn't care less. He's a shocking footballer.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Adam Tomlinson is up for trade could the Pies get him for a bargin