2022 Trade Period. (COMPLETED)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

General consenseous is that Henry to stay at the Pies.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Presti35 wrote:Dunno how to feel about the new Weideman to Essendon news.
Depends on how interested you are in the VFL.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Happy for him to spud up their list :P
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

Methinks the big deals possibly won't happen until Wednesday... all stage managed.
Get back on top.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Cam wrote:Methinks the big deals possibly won't happen until Wednesday... all stage managed.
Yep I agree. The TV ratings will take precedence over the player ratings on Wednesday. Probably more important.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

lets say Grundy had a few years to run on a 750K salary and we were keen to free that up, do you reckon we would get the first rounder we all want (but wont get). I think so, we'd be pushing a top 5 pick.

It seems so odd that for Grundy we are pushing pick 25 and for Henry <18 (which we also wont get, farking Geelong).

The hardest thing for us as supporters to grasp is the salary impacts on these trades so it makes it so hard to gauge the value of a trade on picks alone.

What it says to me is that 7 year deals are dying (hopefully dead at our club) OR the player contract is more with the AFL and not the clubs, and the clubs will trade contracts and not players. The player almost becomes irrelevant in these types of deals.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Should Collingwood forget about picks and deal for player/s only in this case? Wondering if we can measure the value of the deal better this way than from picks/future picks which can be a bit risky and is in the unknown basket. Tough choice I reckon. I tend to prefer players as the better option.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Everything is being delayed until 4:59pm Wednesday, so Caro can get one last big scoop before she retires
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

lazzadesilva wrote:Should Collingwood forget about picks and deal for player/s only in this case? Wondering if we can measure the value of the deal better this way than from picks/future picks which can be a bit risky and is in the unknown basket. Tough choice I reckon. I tend to prefer players as the better option.
The problem with that is, what is the likelihood of Collingwood having a player to trade to another club, where that same club has a player of similar ranking, being prepared to come to your club in return. For instance, which Dees player comes to Collingwood for Grundy, where both clubs and the Melbourne player would all need to agree.
Trading for a pick is not only a more viable currency to determine a trade return but let’s not forget, as soon as you accept that pick, you can then use that currency to hopefully spend on a target player from one of 17 other clubs you’re looking for.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 7 times

Post by gurugeoff »

Like Jackson has gone to Fremantle.

i guess this means Melbourne will now want Grundy. I presume we have already made a gentleman's agreement that this will happen.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Surely we get pick 13 for Grundy. If not, they can get [noise crows make]

Even better, Melbourne trades us pick 13 for Ollie just for Geelong’s reaction.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Honestly, Rendell is an arse clown! https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/10/ ... pies-says/
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

burnsy17
Has liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

I can’t stand listening to him.

He often gets his facts wrong or has clearly not researched the topics being discussed.

I heard him today discussing Grundy. He must have a proper gripe with the pies. He was basically laughing the whole time when saying Melb have us ‘bent over a barrel’

What did we do to him when he was with us, other than fire him? He’s got a proper gripe!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

Apparently the AFL has approved a 3 way with Norf, Cows and Wiggles involving Rioli and Horne Francis to Port and high picks flying everywhere .

So much for late Wednesday.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.