#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Probably pissing off a few Nicksters who want me to get over it ffs but I always love seeing this shit club really struggling because I have traumatic memories as a young kid watching that arsehole thug Jim O’Dea sending my all time favourite Collingwood player John Greening into orbit
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

David wrote:Remarkable to think that Alan Richardson (who already feels like ancient history as a coach) is their second-longest serving coach of all time! Only Allan Jeans coached more games. :shock:
That puts it in perspective. Crikey :shock:
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

buzzlightyear wrote:Why would any of the new coaches risk their future careers in the AFL. St Kilda has been a basket case with some few exceptions over the past decades.

Have a look at this list - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... ub_coaches
I remember the uproar when the departed with Alves. I remember the utter rubbish served up under Watson and him them saying "I cant coach". Then I remember when Blight took over and they believed this was it. But that turned into a complete disaster and the players couldn't handle him. Gone after 15 games. Then Grant Thomas took over. A relatively unknown who took them to 2 prelims and that famous wizard cup win in 2004. Then he too was sacked for Ross Lyon.

After Ross they had Watters, Richardson and Ratten. They have won 94 games since the beginning of season 2012.

Were they unlucky in 97? And in 2009? And again in 2010?

Well how many times have you heard "if Milne got that ball..." yeah well what about If Steele or Dawes kicked the goal instead of the point that led to the kick in that led to that bounce? Plus there was a minute left, whos to say we wouldnt win the centre bounce and get a quick goal? Unlikely, but who knows? Just really sick of hearing about the "oh if Milne got that ball" and the "it should have been extra time" and "St Kilda would have won in extra time".
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

buzzlightyear wrote:Why would any of the new coaches risk their future careers in the AFL. St Kilda has been a basket case with some few exceptions over the past decades.

Have a look at this list - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... ub_coaches

ONE Premiership since 1874, when they started in the VFA, then VFL. now AFL. ONE FLAG, in all that time, along with 29 wooden spoons, sums up that Club. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

[quote="lazzadesilva"]Probably pissing off a few Nicksters who want me to get over it ffs but I always love seeing this shit club really struggling because I have traumatic memories as a young kid watching that arsehole thug Jim O’Dea sending my all time favourite Collingwood player John Greening into orbit
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Feel sorry for Ratts, nice bloke, been through a lot. The Aints really are a one of a kind Club, arent they.
Agreed. AFL is a ruthless business at times.
St Kilda aren't ruthless, just useless. Their one premiership by one point flatters them.
Born and raised in Black and White
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

[quote="Piesnchess"][quote="lazzadesilva"]Probably pissing off a few Nicksters who want me to get over it ffs but I always love seeing this shit club really struggling because I have traumatic memories as a young kid watching that arsehole thug Jim O’Dea sending my all time favourite Collingwood player John Greening into orbit
Jezza
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

Presti35 wrote:Were they unlucky in 97? And in 2009? And again in 2010?.
They would have been lucky to pinch 2010. We were a better side than them.

2009 was the one that got away from them. Won 20 H&A games and had a rock solid defence. Geelong pipped them late in the final quarter.

In 1997, they were on a roll with a big winning streak leading up to the GF. The competition was weak so they probably should have won it that year as well.

You could also argue they missed a chance in 1971 as well. Had a comprehensive lead in the GF and relinquished to the Hawks.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

Gee whizz, if only we held on in '66. :evil:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Born to Pie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Interesting when you look at all the clubs and the number of coaches in their history:

47 - Fitzroy/Brisbane Lions,
46 - St Kilda,
45 - South Melbourne/Sydney Swans,
40 - Nth Melbourne,
38 - Richmond,
35 - Carlton,
34 - Essendon & Footscray/Western Bulldogs,
33 - Hawthorn,
31 - Melbourne & Geelong, and
20 - Collingwood
(2 - University 1908-1914)

Of the expansion clubs:
11 - Adelaide, (31 years)
9 - Fremantle, (27 years)
7 - Port Adelaide, (25 years)
6 - West Coast, (35 years)
5 - Brisbane Bears, (10 years)
4 - Gold Coast, (11 years) and
3 - GWS (10 years)
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Presti35 wrote:Gee whizz, if only we held on in '66. :evil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwrodxghrw

Gawd, I was 9 and bawled my eyes out. Listened to it in a 66 Holden that a friend of the family had when we went on a family & friends picnic to Maroondah Dam.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Yeh i was a young teenager, still recall by older brother, he went, stomping around the house bellowing, screaming, ONE FOOKING POINT, ONE FOOKING POINT, he must have said it 50 times easy. Another era that was, so long ago now.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Gone back to ol Lyon, and his boring as batshit flooding gameplans, what a hopeless joke of a club they truly are. JDG must be counting his blessings now.

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

This is to relieve boredom and therapeutic medicine (if you want to laugh)
Robert Harvey has gone back to St. Kilda as assistant coach.

It's a Buckley-Harvey look-alike plan. :D

"Saints homecomings continue as Lyon poaches legend Robert Harvey for key coaching role"
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... d66ad25be1
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Jordan De Goey chats about the club and next year, etc.

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

The Unlaced Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1uQCdMUmXU&t=158s

"Jordy De Goey has had a year filled with many high's and low's for the man who has committed his future to his beloved Collingwood for five more seasons. This podcast uncovers the raw Jordan and gives sentiment to how he has been dealing with criticism, pressure and success throughout the last 12 months.

There is not a person I know with the mental toughness that Jordy displays at the age of 26 and he shares how excited he is for the future of the Collingwood Football Club. We talk deeply about Jordy off the field, his preparation for 2023 and how he gives so much attention to detail to his mentality as a person/footballer."
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️