To the Cheer squad re events and accusations.

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

jeff corfe

To the Cheer squad re events and accusations.

Post by jeff corfe »

Its been a trying week and as a figure head of the cheer squad id like to speak about a few things so please hear me out.

I cant explain why we have been targeted this week it really has myself absolutely confused, it is my opinion the squad was brilliant on saturday night against St Kilda, we chanted well and we cheered all night infact one could be forgiven for thinking that we were the side that won by eight goals.

Dont concern yourselves with people ringing radio stations with complaints apparantly sen radio today was an open line to bash collingwood and or its cheersquad, i really believe many St Kilda people were offended at the noise we were able to make and i also believe these same people cannot understand the collingwood passion/loyality thing.

I am convinced as a group we did not overstep the mark on saturday night infact i came home pretty proud of the passion the squad produced on saturday night.

People who write into 50/50 and ring radio stations and send letters to editors of newspapers would be basically very boring people with boring lives, the bottle throwing incident has been established it was not thrown from cheer squad area and i reckon everything else that has happened this week has followed on from that incident, its simple the collingwood haters have seized the chance and oppertunity to make bullshit complaints and accusations towards us trying to make us look bad at club level and in turn the football stage as well.

It has also been established that 'the milne is a rapist chant' was not used in the cheersquad and if it was it would not of been tolerated.
We are not out of control we realise we are officiated with the club and will obey club rules and regulations at all times, having said that let me say this, we will never stop being passionate, we will allways cheer and chant and sing for collingwood regardless of where we are on the ladder.

This time next week the focus will be elsewhere and we will be able to to take a deep breath and move on, we will no doubt come under scrutiny this friday night against adelaide so a special attention to all rules and regulations lets not give anyone amunition.

Lets use all this negative stuff and turn into a major positive and that is to be louder than last saturday night, some of the things that have been said after saturday night have been hurtful and imbarrassing lets not react in the wrong way.

Be proud of who we are and with what we have achieved together over the last four years, we do not go out to hurt intimidate or fight, instead our focus has allways been to out cheer the opposition and have fun whilst doing so, it is our right to barrack passionately for our beloved football club so lift your heads and top job last friday night, lets make saturday night bigger and better.

Cheers :)
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Hi guys,

I have attached the above post in Word format - I'll print some out but obviously I can't print for the whole squad. If everyone who has a printer could print some each to pass around the people around them, that would be fabulous.

Chrys has already done the newsletter but I have asked Joffa his permission to hand this out as I think it states what we are all about.

PLEASE DON'T LET THE BARRAGE GET TO YOU - WE ARE STRONGER AND BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CLUB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
PJB

Post by PJB »

I totally agree, don't let all this " talk " about the cheer squad get us down. Let's go out Friday night and make sure we are louder than ever ! Let's all stand tall and proud as we are the cheer squad of the greatest club in Australia and everyone else is just jealous of our passion and our loyalty. So chant, sing and barrack like you never have before and let's show why this cheer squad is the best !
We are one,we are Collingwood ...
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

We will be LOUD so if noise offends any theatre goers please sit down the Lockett end!!

Last week is gone, the only way to react to all the crap over the last week is to be loud and support and cheer the whole evening win lose or draw.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Hey Joffa - I have spent the entire week writing to radio stations and newspapers trying to get some recognition of what Gehrig did and some truth about the bottle! Sometimes that is all you can do unless you have the right connections and media profile - I don't think it's a bad thing true Magpies have done this - we need to stick together and not let these pretenders speak for us!