Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

What'sinaname wrote:No, the outrage is from dumbarses who wouldn't know a joke if it jumped out of the Pacific and bit them on the arse.

Anyone who has watched GoT knows exactly what Clarkson is joking about.

I wonder how many pin heads watched Queen Cersei being paraded through the streets and thought, "that's inciting violence against woman"? I'm outraged.

You wonder why Brits care about what Meghan is saying. It's the same as how Collingwood supporters feel when others attacked Eddie over everything, .
this,

i said from day one she would she would be the beginning of the end, shes a fame whore and hes not even royal! havent and wont watch it.

Im a Brit, no matter what citizenship or passport i have, and whats they have done is unforgivable. Bad mouthing his brother, knowing full well that William will not defend himself.

but im not much of a royalist now the Queen is dead, ill never forgive Charles for killing Diana, bring on the republic!

But dont bad mouth my Queen, and Her true grandson and his elegant wife!

i havent watch GOT, but Clarkson always makes me laugh! at least hes honest!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Dark Beanie wrote:Idiots at the soccer last night.

Was supposed to be a fan walkout in protest at the decision to have the GF in Sydney for the next 3 years but these morons had other ideas.

Taking flares to the game and wearing balaclavas to the game as to not be identified. They are not supporters or fans just hooligans looking to cause trouble.

Always the minority who spoil it for everyone else.
my sister has been saying for weeks this is going to happen. but the people in the ivory tower didnt listen! hope they catch them all, but seriously, what a damn idiot for tossing it back into the crowd! that was always going to end well! prosecute the lot of em, the game is criminal anyway, 2 fricken hours hardly any goals! ugh, no thanks, at least rugby has the occasional beef cake to look at, im looking at you johnny!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

David wrote:I genuinely can’t comprehend being so invested in defending the reputation of the British Royal Family that you get angry about a former prince’s wife for saying mean (probably true) things about them.

Even more cringe than being an Elon Musk fanboy, imo.
Without Starlink, Ukraine would be completely fooked.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

No doubt some of the organisations he’s associated with have done some good work, with Starlink’s Ukraine operations being the gold-star example in recent years. But the way some people talk about it, you’d think Musk was running Tesla and SpaceX single-handed and was personally responsible for all of their achievements. In this case, SpaceX saw a big PR opportunity and took it, and helped a lot of people out along the way. Good for them.

And while I don’t think much of Musk as a person or as a businessman, I have no issue with giving him credit where it’s due. There’s a big distinction between that and being sucked in by his hype machine, as his cheersquad on Twitter have been.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

his "cheersquad" on twitter voted for him to stand down as CEO.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

I'm not sure who's at fault here. The performers or the parents for taking children.

While promoted for all ages, I think "tits in a box" is testing the boundaries of what is appropriate and what isn't for kids.

https://floridianpress.com/2022/12/drag ... supporter/
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

What'sinaname wrote:I'm not sure who's at fault here. The performers or the parents for taking children.

While promoted for all ages, I think "tits in a box" is testing the boundaries of what is appropriate and what isn't for kids.

https://floridianpress.com/2022/12/drag ... supporter/
The show should have had an 18 plus rating surely, and if the parents didn’t realise what kind of show it was before buying a family ticket, they should gave walked when they realised.

I usedto love lay girls or what ever it was called, it was a fun show, but urns not a kids show
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

So Netanyahu is back, the West's version of Putin.
David

Post by David »

Where does the West begin and end? Because those two (countries as well as leaders) have a lot in common, I reckon, particularly the new coalition government that's come in:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu ... es-office/
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ good point. Israel isn't really the West.

And in only a few days, there is already talk about Israel establishing illegal settlements in the Golan Heights.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

What'sinaname wrote:^ good point. Israel isn't really the West.

And in only a few days, there is already talk about Israel establishing illegal settlements in the Golan Heights.
If anyone is prepared to have any number of political lies and illusions debunked by an itellectual, have a listen to Noam Chomsky.
He's long been a thorn in the establishments directive.

Noam Chomsky - Why Does the U.S. Support Israel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUQ_0Mu ... Philosophy
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Rolling Stone Top 200 singers was released with Celine Dion being overlooked. Apparently Bob Dylan is a better singer
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

If "best Singer" was purely about rating vocal skills, Dylan wouldn't make the top 1000.

If it's about "Singer" as an artist, Dylan craps on Dion from a great height.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David

Post by David »

Correct weight. And as with many of these things, entirely likely that different respondents to the poll had entirely different criteria in mind.