What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

roar wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:Hey David,

I don't want to be a downer here, but if your partner has an active social life, she's not really into being a parent / partner.
Hey David,

Just wanted to point out that the above post is total rubbish and there are many, many people who are parents AND have an active social life.
Yeah, it did strike me as a bit of a strange generalisation. People have different personalities and being a parent doesn't have to entail giving up friendships or life outside the home (indeed, I'm of the school of thought that happy + fulfilled parents = well-adjusted kids). So I never wanted to make it seem like the problem is her wanting to go out and actually making plans with people. It's just like ... don't make me walk on eggshells when I want to do the same.

Anyway, I don't want to speak too soon, but I feel like things have improved since I brought up some of these issues a few weeks back. She genuinely can be quite generous and unselfish and does take feedback on board sometimes.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:…..I understand this stuff is important to some people, but I can't imagine there are many of them out there.

Anyway, will try to restrain myself from posting the Bill Hicks clip. ;)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Wel the top coat worked out far better that I expected, after a light sand I spent the day painting. :D

In regard to parents having a social life, I never had one when my kids were young as I was a single parent and worked full time in the CBD, yet I still managed to keep the house clean and tidyish.

Rather than her going out 3-4 nights a wekk, I'd ask her why doesn't she get some friends to come over to your place. If she uses the mess as an excuse, suggest maybe she does something about it. No disrespect but from the descriptions, she strikes me as very similar to several of my sons previous girlfriends, fkn lazy and entitled.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

The captain!

Exactly wot I thought!

Personally I wouldn’t have a flag pole, hubby hangs a flag from the balcony in Australia Day, and I have hung the Collingwood flag, but they don’t bother me, why would they?

Plastic palm trees though, grrrrr
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Riding home from work yesterday on StKilda Road where there are wonderful
Copenhagen lanes
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

think positive wrote:The captain!

Exactly wot I thought!

Personally I wouldn’t have a flag pole, hubby hangs a flag from the balcony in Australia Day, and I have hung the Collingwood flag, but they don’t bother me, why would they?

Plastic palm trees though, grrrrr
Captain Sensible - Wot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q6YJ-r ... cVideos80s
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
think positive

Post by think positive »

[quote="watt price tully"]Riding home from work yesterday on StKilda Road where there are wonderful
Copenhagen lanes
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

:lol: piece of dowell in the front wheel should do it. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Fkn spider webs. :x

i have these industrious bastard spiders in the yard who delight in building these huge webs overnight that are so loose a weave that you don't see the bastard till you walk through it and it might be fine but it sticks like shit to a blanket.

3 times this morning in 3 different places, wooshka, face full of web. Then comes the fun part of getting it out of my hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, off my face.

I reckon the little bastard that does the one out the front every night that I inevitably walk through every morning must be looking at me thinking "that thing would feed me and the family for 2 years. Just got to keep making the web stronger till I get him" :x
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

So natural gas prices are back to below Ukraine invasion prices.

Does that mean the so called gas bill increase wont happen?
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Filling out a favourite numbers ticket for the Wednesday draw when it was meant for the Saturday draw... yep, my numbers came in and it paid $2300.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Fkn spider webs. :x

i have these industrious bastard spiders in the yard who delight in building these huge webs overnight that are so loose a weave that you don't see the bastard till you walk through it and it might be fine but it sticks like shit to a blanket.

3 times this morning in 3 different places, wooshka, face full of web. Then comes the fun part of getting it out of my hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, off my face.

I reckon the little bastard that does the one out the front every night that I inevitably walk through every morning must be looking at me thinking "that thing would feed me and the family for 2 years. Just got to keep making the web stronger till I get him" :x

hehehe, im sure there is a name for the dance when you hit it, ugh!!!!