Vale #13 Laurie Hill (1942-2014)

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

sixpoints

Vale #13 Laurie Hill (1942-2014)

Post by sixpoints »

Laurie Hill, a dashing, courageous left footed defender who played in both the 1964 and 1966 Grand Finals passed away today.
Laurie played 114 games for the Pies and was good enough to be chosen for Victorian state teams.
After leaving the Pies, he had great success with Preston in the VFA playing in two premierships & winning two Liston Trophies as the Best & Fairest in the VFA.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Very sorry to hear that. I remember Laurie playing, both for Collingwood and for Preston. A fine, running half-back flanker. RIP Laurie.
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

Always sad when a past Collingwood player passes away. We are seeing so many of Laurie's generation going now. Soon they will all be gone. We must not forget them. I love these older generation players. There was so little money in the game that everything was about loyalty to the jumper.

RIP and deep respect Laurie Hill.
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Laurie Hill was a star.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

LURIE and his mates terry waters, ted potter, trevor steer, ricky watt, john Henderson, wayne Richardson, colin tully, formed the core of the great Pies teams of the sixties, very unlucky not to snare a flag. I was pretty young back then, but I well remember him, strong player, determined. Always remembered, Laurie Hill.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
CAAS

Post by CAAS »

Loz was a top bloke. He scored at my cricket club for yrs. Typical Aussie larriken who liked a beer and hanging crap on us players. He wouldn't talk much about his days as a pie but he was always in the past players room helping out. He had a stand named after him, m3 was the Laurie hill stand in the old southern stand and later we moved to m32 where we renamed it the Laurie hill stand.

RIP lozza, we will all miss you.
Hygrade cc, donath Panthers cc.

Cheers
Mick
We are the premiers
The mighty premiers
and we are mental, and we are mad
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
jeff corfe

Re: Laurie Hill R.I.P.

Post by jeff corfe »

sixpoints wrote:Laurie Hill, a dashing, courageous left footed defender who played in both the 1964 and 1966 Grand Finals passed away today.
Laurie played 114 games for the Pies and was good enough to be chosen for Victorian state teams.
After leaving the Pies, he had great success with Preston in the VFA playing in two premierships & winning two Liston Trophies as the Best & Fairest in the VFA.
This is very sad news and thank you for posting it..I met Laurie quite a few times and found him to be an absolute gentleman..RIP mate.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Before my time but anyone who plays for the Pies deserves our respect and Laurie obviously represented us with distinction.

RIP Laurie, your Collingwood family salutes you mate.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

R.I.P Laurie Hill, a player before my time, but my father admired him a lot!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators

Post by 5150 »

R.I.P a truly great and respected man.

A father figure and role model who will be deeply missed.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers