What made me laugh today... Pt 2

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

They were both good putdowns, I wonder who wrote them for her.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:Not all cyclists are selfish, but there is a large percentage of self entitled twats who think it is their right to be on/in the road and car drivers should defer to them.

Grow some courtesy and brains and GTF out of the way.
There is not a large % at all.
Most car drivers too most of the time are not selfish entitled twats either but a large percentage of males and tradies are over represented IMO are often the worst car drivers with respect to cycling safety (based on peer reviewed anecdotal evidence)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:They were both good putdowns, I wonder who wrote them for her.

Say what you will about zoomers, but they are generally pretty good at this stuff.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Greta doesn't strike me as someone good with a quip or having any semblance of a sense of humour. Given the time lag between the original post by the twat and her response, I'm calling she workshopped it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Not all cyclists are selfish, but there is a large percentage of self entitled twats who think it is their right to be on/in the road and car drivers should defer to them.

Most car drivers too most of the time are not selfish entitled twats either but a large percentage of males and tradies are over represented IMO are often the worst car drivers with respect to cycling safety (based on peer reviewed anecdotal evidence)
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:Greta doesn't strike me as someone good with a quip or having any semblance of a sense of humour. Given the time lag between the original post by the twat and her response, I'm calling she workshopped it.
oh for sure. That'd be her autism!
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I get frustrated by car driving clowns multiple times every single time I drive anywhere.

The list of indiscretions is long and heart felt, I want a car with M50's poking through the headlights.
Pi

Post by Pi »

lol

https://www.news.com.au/technology/inno ... 31a3790b28

Once the pigeons start craping on it the whole joke just gets funnier; as far as public entertainment goes it has certainly hit the mark.
Is it artistic pareidolia or just a big d!#*k.
Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

whether it looks like a penis or not is debatable, what's clear is that the casual person walking up to it is in no way going to draw a connection with Martin Luthor King.

It could represent anything, someone paid someone $10M for that? :shock: And it's called Art. :roll:
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

That’s so bad!
And Boston is such a pretty old city, that won’t fit in at all!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

I love Tony Martins Sizzletown.

https://www.sizzletownpodcast.com/
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

Australian magpie mimicking dogs barking

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/sta ... OPOJg&s=19
2023 AFL Premiers
watt price tully

My heroes “The Yes Men” at it again. Magnificent

https://amp.theguardian.com/fashion/202 ... nvolvement

This is a trailer from some really ballsy work they did years ago. Friggin brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3s_pJw7OAU
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

Not bad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2023 AFL Premiers