Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Cab drivers can be a bit random. Guy who took me from San francisco airport to the hotel was doing like 90mph on the multi lane freeway, and there were other cars passing him :shock: . I think the limit was supposed to be 55mph.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Some of the outfits worn a the Brit Awards:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... 7e61128d5f
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Who the hell is Sam Smith? And why would you dress like that, anywhere? :? :shock:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Who the hell is Sam Smith? And why would you dress like that, anywhere? :? :shock:
salma looks amazing, and shania, oh i remember those bangs, but i never had enough hair!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Cab drivers can be a bit random. Guy who took me from San francisco airport to the hotel was doing like 90mph on the multi lane freeway, and there were other cars passing him :shock: . I think the limit was supposed to be 55mph.
it always seems to me the speed limits are a suggestion only!!!!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:Who the hell is Sam Smith? And why would you dress like that, anywhere? :? :shock:
Saw this Facebook post today that made me laugh + more or less echoes my sentiments:
Freddie DeBoer wrote: I hate conservatives for forcing me to defend Sam Smith and Harry Styles's right to be boring corny tryhards
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

The UK economy. It's as if an evil psychopath purposely assembled the greatest set of effwits and incompetents imaginable just for laughs.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

This gay comedian made a joke about Jesus on the Project and people are losing their minds.

https://twitter.com/clowndownunder/stat ... 2806117376

People are abusing him on Social Media, The Project hosts collectively apoligised the next night (apparently, I didn't see it) and a joint Muslim/Christian protest rally is being organised in Sydney.

For those who can't view the video, it's a quick grab, he was referring to how it amuses him when Christians contact him on SM and tell him that he needs to accept jesus into his life or burn in hell forever, and he said "I love Jesus, I love any man who can get nailed for 3 days and come back for more"

I laughed, more at the reaction from the panelists but also at the joke, I thought it was clever and the delivery was very good.

Has the world lost it's mind? Are people really so easily offended?
think positive

Post by think positive »

That’s classic!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

stui magpie wrote:This gay comedian made a joke about Jesus on the Project and people are losing their minds.

https://twitter.com/clowndownunder/stat ... 2806117376

People are abusing him on Social Media, The Project hosts collectively apoligised the next night (apparently, I didn't see it) and a joint Muslim/Christian protest rally is being organised in Sydney.

For those who can't view the video, it's a quick grab, he was referring to how it amuses him when Christians contact him on SM and tell him that he needs to accept jesus into his life or burn in hell forever, and he said "I love Jesus, I love any man who can get nailed for 3 days and come back for more"

I laughed, more at the reaction from the panelists but also at the joke, I thought it was clever and the delivery was very good.

Has the world lost it's mind? Are people really so easily offended?
I worry about any people who have had humour bypass operations and don’t see the funny side of any issue that can provide much fun and laughter. I choose to believe that Jesus had a great sense of humour, otherwise how boring would he have been to all the folk he helped, lectured, taught and advised? Surely their concentration would have wavered and yawning would have been very prevalent among the listeners and even the apostles. So I find Christians without the ability to laugh pathetic souls who need to have happy thoughts to survive life without suffering chronic depression.
As a Melbourne boy, one of my funniest memories years ago was this billboard they had on Dandenong Road at around Windsor that simply asked, “What would you do if Jesus came to Hawthorn?”. Some wag wrote under it, “Move Hudson to CHF”
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

stui magpie wrote: Has the world lost it's mind? Are people really so easily offended?
Yes, and yes.
kill for collingwood!
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

He always was, you only just noticed!
David

Post by David »

think positive

Post by think positive »

He always to offence at stuff other people think is nothing to be offended by. It’s just that on this one, your on the opposite side of the fence!

My kids went to catholic school, I think it’s hilarious and bloody clever and I bet my kids would too!

He’s a dick that like to make a splash