Vale Janh2727

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

The Prototype

Vale Janh2727

Post by The Prototype »

July 30th 2019 my mother who was also a member of Nicks BB Janh2727 passed away in her sleep from a heart attack. She was taken to hospital a few days prior with swollen legs, and then as she was on the mend she suffered a heart attack and passed away. Nine months later my father who wasn't a member here also passed away.

She didn't make many posts here, spent most of her time in the Nicks BB Scoreboard Chat, and also a member of the tipping comps she was an avid Magpie, as was dad and I thought I'd throw up a touching tribute to them both as at least one of them was a lurker here.

I've spent the last few years being a sole carer for my three siblings, after my dad passed away I was his carer with his cancer battle. It took up a lot of time, now that support workers are coming into the house for the siblings in their other unit I am more free to do stuff.

(ps you can delete this thread if it's not allowed, just wanted to post something about her passing. Cheers.)
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Vale Janh2727

Post by think positive »

The Prototype wrote:July 30th 2019 my mother who was also a member of Nicks BB Janh2727 passed away in her sleep from a heart attack. She was taken to hospital a few days prior with swollen legs, and then as she was on the mend she suffered a heart attack and passed away. Nine months later my father who wasn't a member here also passed away.

She didn't make many posts here, spent most of her time in the Nicks BB Scoreboard Chat, and also a member of the tipping comps she was an avid Magpie, as was dad and I thought I'd throw up a touching tribute to them both as at least one of them was a lurker here.

I've spent the last few years being a sole carer for my three siblings, after my dad passed away I was his carer with his cancer battle. It took up a lot of time, now that support workers are coming into the house for the siblings in their other unit I am more free to do stuff.

(ps you can delete this thread if it's not allowed, just wanted to post something about her passing. Cheers.)
OMG mate, so sorry. That’s a lot. I don’t remember your mum sorry, but she clearly had great taste! Commiserations xxx.

I hope you get some good me time, and that your sibling know how lucky they are. Last I remember you were in tassie and had a new job? Cheers
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Good to see things starting to turn for you Dave.

Here's (hopefully) a good memory for you, the only thread I could find that your mum posted in.

viewtopic.php?p=879457&highlight=#879457
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
The Prototype

Re: Vale Janh2727

Post by The Prototype »

think positive wrote:OMG mate, so sorry. That’s a lot. I don’t remember your mum sorry, but she clearly had great taste! Commiserations xxx.

I hope you get some good me time, and that your sibling know how lucky they are. Last I remember you were in tassie and had a new job? Cheers
Thanks a lot, she was mostly in the Pies Chat.

yeah I was doing photography for the local footy league here in Tassie heading into my 8th year with them.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

stui magpie wrote:Good to see things starting to turn for you Dave.

Here's (hopefully) a good memory for you, the only thread I could find that your mum posted in.

viewtopic.php?p=879457&highlight=#879457
Thanks a lot. A lot of good memories in the Pies chat too. :)

Things are slowly moving in the right direction.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Sorry never saw this earlier.

Sorry to read this proto. Belated condolences.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

watt price tully wrote:Sorry never saw this earlier.

Sorry to read this proto. Belated condolences.
That's okay Thanks a lot. :)