What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Good stuff Daveage

For me today, just little things.

Feeling good today, 5.6km walk then 2 reps of my weights routine in the shed before Brunch which was a 3 egg omlette with veges, mushrooms, tomato, sliced olives and feta. Yum

Called into Aldi, found a pancake pan in the Special Buys section that cooks 6 small pancakes at a time with all different smiley faces on them. txt the daughter, does the Grandson like pancakes? Reply Yep, so bought it, and some pancake mix and Maple Syrup.

Nice weather, got the 2 stroke broom out and cleaned the front yard and naturestrip, blew all the shit back into the park where it came from, then got into my wardrobe and did a clean out of clothes I'd kept since before I lost weight.

3 suits, 2 still in the dry cleaners bag
8 business shirts
3 pair of jeans
10 casual shirts
a jacket and a few other bits and bobs, filled the backseat of the car, off to Savers to drop them off. Kept 2 suits and 6 business shirts that fit just because it's nice to have a suit and shirts for Justin. (Justin Case)

Turned the cricket on TV, grabbed a beer and watered the front garden and kicked back.

Life's not bad. :)
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

Who doesn’t like pancakes! Yum

Goodonya stu
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Grandson just left for home after being with me for the weekend. I'm stuffed but damn it's fun.

Gonna be a tall kid, just turned 7 in January, 132cm tall. Had a great weekend and yes, he loved the pancakes. I made him earn them, took him for about a 2km walk at 8am, including stops at 2 playgrounds, and home via the supermarket to buy more milk.

6 mini pancakes, with Maple Syrup, butter, blueberries and raspberries. I reckon he was full after 4 but refused to stop till the plate was clean. :lol:

Great time with him, his energy bursts last about 30 minutes, so after a kick of the footy, play in the playground, game of totem tennis or throw the frisbee, he's off to his room to play for the next 45 minutes or so giving me time to recuperate too.

Love the kid.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Carlton!

Ahahahahaha
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Opening a snapchat from Sharnee this morning.... Hayes (4) was putting his pies jumper and scarf on, getting ready to come 'n watch the footy with Grandad in the Daicos Bar.

Had a few mates over last week and Hayes was loving the running around, high 5's and general antics of the Daicos Bar.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

love it!!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Nice stuff Skids,

Your mates on the hard stuff while you're on the Zeroes?
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Swooping magpies across the MCG
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

What'sinaname wrote:Swooping magpies across the MCG
It was a glorious sight.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Kitchen nearly finished. It's taken forever. Very stressful. Stonework took the longest. Every time we asked "two weeks" was the standard reply.

Hired painters to paint the house inside (up and downstairs) Via Hi Pages got three quotes. Used the mid priced one who had multiple 5* Finest painters in all of Afghanistan. The only problem is Afghanistan does not rate well on the international table of worlds finest house painters :wink:

Turned out fine in the end but stressful.

Waiting for double doors to be made up and put onto a cupboard pantry with kickboards etc. Also had the wooden floors sanded with a semi gloss clear lacquer. The cupboards are all white, the stone is white with grey granite like patterns and light green tile splash back. Black oven, black stovetop makes it look flash.

The furniture was delivered on Monday and still unpacking boxes but overall it's come up a treat.

Just used the siemens dishwasher (integrated or built in so you only see a cupboard white door) . When it's in use it shies a small light telling you how much time is remaining; love it.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

What kid of lacquer did you use on the floor? Oil or water based?

I used the water based up in Toc. Dries for foot traffic in 3 hours and no smell, but needs 3 coats to get a decent sheen whereas the oild based I used at home and in the grandsons room needs 12 hours before foot traffic, stinks, but gives a good sheen after 1 coat and a great sheen after 2.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:What kid of lacquer did you use on the floor? Oil or water based?

I used the water based up in Toc. Dries for foot traffic in 3 hours and no smell, but needs 3 coats to get a decent sheen whereas the oild based I used at home and in the grandsons room needs 12 hours before foot traffic, stinks, but gives a good sheen after 1 coat and a great sheen after 2.
We used water based. Had a Korean guy do it who I’m very happy with. We were living here throughout the floors, kitchen and painting. It’s been like camping but for ages. Still lots to unpack. Got the TV set up on Tuesday after 3-4 weeks. Didn’t really miss it. Set up the stereo (hi-fi) today. Lots of early nights and early rising; able to do 06:00 spin classes which makes a 14:00-22:30 shift at work a long day, it’s better when I’ve got an early shift.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I like doing that stuff myself, I refuse to pay someone to do something I can do, but I don't work (at all now) messed up hours.

Got the Grandson over today, for the night. Sometimes I could be talking to a 10-12 year old. Love the kid.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Bingo! Full page, haven’t done that for awhile!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Are you that bored?