#17 Billy Frampton

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

Cox will make way for McStay
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Yes I thing McStay for Cox at some stage
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Not sure why it is thought that McStay might replace Cox. Cox I would have thought is our best tap ruckman. Having lost Grundy, surely we need Cox to take a majority of the centre bounces. I don't see McStay being so effective in that role, and Cameron is capable, but should share with Cox.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

With 5 on the Bench, both Cox and Cameron play and take turns on the bench, along with McStay and Checkers.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Sure Fly & Co have a plan A ,B & C
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Likewise I can see Frampton and Murphy in the same 23
rambler

Post by rambler »

Fly in todays presser : ' When Frampton played in practice games, it allowed Moore, Maynard and Howe to be in the best players.'
I would think with our all out attacking game style which can be brutal on our key backs , a 3 goal concession to his direct opponent is a win for us.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

It’ll be interesting to see how Peter goes in this game.The reports of him in the practice matches were a bit underwhelming,so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes in the real stuff.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

doriswilgus wrote:It’ll be interesting to see how Peter goes in this game.The reports of him in the practice matches were a bit underwhelming,so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes in the real stuff.
Who is Peter?
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:It’ll be interesting to see how Peter goes in this game.The reports of him in the practice matches were a bit underwhelming,so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes in the real stuff.
Who is Peter?
Peter Frampton 1970’s rock star,that’s who I call Frampton the footballer.I know I’m dating myself but I couldn’t help it.He just seems like a Peter to me. : :)
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

He just needs to play his role as a bit of a scragger - perhaps a Presti type. I know thats not excatly what Howe did, but would allow Moore to be a little more third man up and will also allow Murphy to take the second key back.

I actually thought the defence looked even more dangerous last week once Howe had hurt himself (and thats no disrespect to the guy). There were three or 4 occasions where there was Hawkins and one of Murphy or Moore contesting and the other Pie swooped in and spoiled/marked and rebounded.

I also think we get a little more out of Murphy with Frampton playing.

Another thing I am a close watch on... I have a theory that we have a great development coaching panel. By that, I mean we are good at making players better (and I don't mean better humans - which is admirable, but better footballers). If that theory plays out, then perhaps we can take other club's leftovers and help them to get 10, 20, 50% better and become a valuable contributor.

I think there are definitely clubs out there that don't do this very well and they have to either get high draft picks or pay overs for ready-made superstars.

Anyway - hopefully Billy can support my thesis so I wish him all the best.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
Who is Peter?
Good nickname for our Frampton. Better than ‘Franga’ the one I heard.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Thought he was serviceable after a nervous start. He’s no world beater but given the cost of the trade, he’s already proven to be the perfect addition to adding some depth to an undersized backline.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Terrific game. Held his own. It’s going to take a bit if time to make independent decisions as he still needs to work out the patterns of 'teammates. A lot to like watching from Level 1 at the Ponsford.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Looked shaky at the start, but was very composed as the game progressed.

Good first match in our colours.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆