#25 Jack Crisp

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Playing 100% and playing each and every match this season as well.

TBH the story is dead now.

Back now playing footy.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

It’s appalling behaviour by Crisp
It’s appalling that it’s on social media
It’s appalling that it’s now recycled after many years

It clearly is disgraceful and disrespectful behaviour by a goose ( probably a young and immature goose)

Not sure what the penalty should be if any.

It would be hard being Jack Crisp right now let alone his wife and children.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

90 nice wrote:Typically anti Collingwood Tom Elliott 3AW said crisp is in huge trouble whereas mick Malthouse says look there’s not much you can do
Tom Elliott is as anti Collingwood as they come wonder if it was a Carlton player
I have no idea who he is but I can smell a set up miles away, especially from a brainless idiot like this Elliot prick. Not worth giving it any more oxygen.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

90 nice wrote:Typically anti Collingwood Tom Elliott 3AW said crisp is in huge trouble whereas mick Malthouse says look there’s not much you can do
Tom Elliott is as anti Collingwood as they come wonder if it was a Carlton player

TOM Turkey Elliott is a far RW shock jock and Murdoch hack, who vets calls from anyone who disagrees with his vile putrid views. He uttlerly loathes the Magpies, same as his old man did, Caaaaarlton to the core, still spewing about the five wooden spoons they won, so close together. He is totally irrelevant to any opinion on Crisp. :o :x
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piffdog
Been liked: 36 times

Post by piffdog »

90 nice wrote:Playing 100% and playing each and every match this season as well.

TBH the story is dead now.

Back now playing footy.
You might be right. Despite my fears it does already feel like this story is fizzling out… Lots of outlets haven’t even run with it, and some others that have already have it bumped well down the list.

Win tonight and it will be gone completely by tomorrow morning!

Hope he (and the team) play well. Feel like we have good stewards at the helm (perhaps unlike prior administrations). Jeff, Ned, Graeme, Craig, Justin, Brendan and Darcy are hopefully capable of riding through this kind of crap.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

swoop42 wrote:Given that some have stated that lewd photos of Crisp have circulated in prior years (and that he was even charging for nudes at some point) I highly doubt he's going to be sitting out tonight because of mental health.

He's clearly not that shy.

I suspect also his consecutive games total is a point of pride and he wont be surrendering that over this.

No, the only way he misses tonight is because of some overreaction by the AFL or our club.

Big early test for Craig Kelly and as a member I expect him to have the back of our player Crisp.

He must play!

F*** em.
This

Not to mention Did he actually do anything illegal or just sleazy?

How old was he? Stand up if you have no moments your not proud of
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

watt price tully wrote:It’s appalling behaviour by Crisp

It clearly is disgraceful and disrespectful behaviour by a goose ( probably a young and immature goose)

Photo and footage date back to Jack in earlier years when he too was most likely a young and immature goose.
Yes, it would be embarrassing for his wife and children, which is why the troll who did this in my view is carrying out a criminal offence.
In a proper world, there would be a move by the AFL to try to find and prosecute these social media trolls.
I think Crisp will come out tonight breathing fire. He will be angry, and so will his teammates, with what some gutless troll has put him through.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Magpietothemax wrote:I think Crisp will come out tonight breathing fire. He will be angry, and so will his teammates, with what some gutless troll has put him through.
Never thought it may have the opposite effect to what the perpetrator intended, but I hope you're right!
I find your lack of faith disturbing
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD. HOPE Crisp plays the game of his life tongiht, and we belt these Bad news Bears/ Lions, and have that vile troll shitting his daks, at games conclusion.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Wait for the investigation.
Let's not jump to conclusions...
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I worry that the club has set a precedent with its overreaction to the Ginnivan incident, but hopefully Crisp does indeed play and the club shows we’re not mere puppets who dance whenever the tabloids tell us to.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
piffdog
Been liked: 36 times

Post by piffdog »

David wrote:I worry that the club has set a precedent with its overreaction to the Ginnivan incident, but hopefully Crisp does indeed play and the club shows we’re not mere puppets who dance whenever the tabloids tell us to.
Without resorting to semantics, I don't think the club had any wriggle room on Ginnivan given the video evidence. We all know the clubs aren't going to go to war against the League and (rightly or wrongly) we know they will err on the side of defending the brand.

This incident feels less cut and dried and I anticipate that the League will be less demanding of their pound of flesh and as a result the club will be emboldened to stick up for their player. I know Ned Kelly was on deck for Ginnivan, but I feel like he's the kind of guy you want navigating through this. Must have seen it a million times with his clients when he was an agent.

Hopefully this goes away like the Martin incident did.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:It’s appalling behaviour by Crisp

I'm sorry, what is the appalling behaviour by Crisp? Someone puts together a video showing themself scrolling through photos. We don't know who captioned those photos of Crisp, and even if it was him, so what? It happened apparently a long time ago and we have no context to whom it was sent to originally.

The person who made the video and published it should be charged.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

So my understanding this is a very old video around the time he was a irregular player at the lions
So really what place does it have today ?
There’s surely got to be limitations on what is news worthy and what is not
This clearly falls into the category of not IMO
There is a strong rumour this video has been known the lions for many years and they may have at some point receive a copy of it and decided there was nothing to report to the AFL (rules have changed vastly over the years)
So why is it reportable now ?
One can’t be surprised at the timing of the release of it
The lions have been hammered in the media for inconsistent performances and the coach under investigation and there forwards being called out publicly by former players as lazy and show ponies
Easy way to deflect attention onto someone or something else
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

tbaker wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:I think Crisp will come out tonight breathing fire. He will be angry, and so will his teammates, with what some gutless troll has put him through.
Never thought it may have the opposite effect to what the perpetrator intended, but I hope you're right!
How good would it be if the lions got around him too?

I have little faith in human nature but hey, I can dream

On another note I’m getting really sick of shit coming back to haunt people, like the guy caught doing black face 30 odd years ago, when back then no one thought anything of it. This is grotty behaviour but nothing illegal, it’s old news

**** do better.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!