Rucking Duties

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Today is proving McRae 100% correct in not wasting a million dollars a year on a ruckman when a key defender can do twice as good a job!
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Frampton was good.
Buon Giorno
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Yep, Frampton played the role to perfection. A laid-back journeyman was the answer: someone unfazed by the unexpected who does everything well enough and is a better tap than a lot of full-tume rucks.

Kudos to the club, because they got it wrong against Brisbane, but made the perfect call one week later. That's a great sign.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times

Post by eddiesmith »

St Kilda missing their tall forwards helped, they didn’t have a choice against Brisbane.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I previously said frampton was a shit ruckman. I was wrong, he's not a great ruckman but he did a good job tonight against a good ruck.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Frampton was very good tonight. Oscar Steen I thought did OK in terrible conditions against a bigger stronger Ruck. Bodes well for the future.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Frampton has the ruck job for the next month.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Frampton did everything you could ask of him.

Has the ruck role nailed on until Cox and/or Cameron return.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Geek

Post by Geek »

stui magpie wrote:Lynch is older and a much harder body, but Steene hasn't been disgraced, he's got his share of hitouts, but the thing I like about him is his follow up. When the ball is on the ground he's not standing back, he's in the mix, looking to get the ball or lay a tackle.

There's a lot to work with, but we need to get him in the Gym and on the protein shakes.
Lynch also defected to Hawthorn to get better opportunities playing firsts footy.

They now have Reeves first ruck and went and got Meek from Freo. Lesson for Max: Never trust what a Hawthorn person says.

Had he stayed, he would have got first crack at it in Reg's absence last year and would be 2 or 3 games into a 2 month spell now.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Some ruckmen get paid good coin to play VFL as a back up, while getting very few AFL games. Brayden Preuss comes to mind.

Lynch would have to be getting at least $200-250k to play for Box Hill, which is hardly a lot in AFL circles but in real life, it's damn good.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Geek wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Lynch is older and a much harder body, but Steene hasn't been disgraced, he's got his share of hitouts, but the thing I like about him is his follow up. When the ball is on the ground he's not standing back, he's in the mix, looking to get the ball or lay a tackle.

There's a lot to work with, but we need to get him in the Gym and on the protein shakes.
Lynch also defected to Hawthorn to get better opportunities playing firsts footy.

They now have Reeves first ruck and went and got Meek from Freo. Lesson for Max: Never trust what a Hawthorn person says.

Had he stayed, he would have got first crack at it in Reg's absence last year and would be 2 or 3 games into a 2 month spell now.
I was gutted at the time when he left and then we signed Cox pre goggles. Max ended up with concussion and a neck injury so missed half of the hawks season anyway and then they picked another back up ruck in Ramsden in the MSD.

Turned out last year better for Cox than Lynch. Hopefully we get Cox and Cameron back in the next 4-6 weeks and they warm into the second half of the season.

Looks like Begg is close to a return in the VFL too
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

bally12 wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:Grundy has had 5 kicked on him already, not even half time.

Thank for he’s gone. He’s hopeless.
Fox just showed Phillips working hard back into the forward line and Grundy lazily trailing him by 20m. Phillips marked and goaled.
Ricciuto said the Dees would be filthy with his effort. About time some commentators called him out.
Another pathetic spoiling attempt in the goalsquare saw Draper easily outmark him and goal.
Enjoy the 1million dollar man Dees.
I'm just thankful we finally got smart football people into the club that could see through the obvious, and not play favoutites, like Bucks and Eddie did.
He was called out for something like that playing for us against Brissy.

His opponent was Darcy Fort. The video showed Fort literally walk into Brissy's F50. Grundy just looked at him and let him go. Fort marked, goaled.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Cameron 60% Cox 40% split

Post by inxs88 »

Cameron and Co getting smashed 18 vs 3 in the centre bounce clearances was an indictment against a 16th ranked team. That aside, we know Cox isn't ever going to be anything other than 1 goal/game forward. His best game for the year was the Round 9 clash against GWS where he played ruck (with Cameron out) and 19 disposals, 24 hit outs and 2 goals.

Coxy plays best (like Joe Daniher) when he gets 30-40% Ruck time particularly early in games when he gets to clunk 2-3 marks and builds confidence accordingly. It means Cameron and him should rotate forward where they become a greater threat. So the 60% Cameron and 40% Cox split may be our best arrangement.

Thoughts?
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Agree having them both in means they can help out our backline as well.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

I think Cox will come back before finals. Neither Checkers or McStay are more than a goal a game forward and with pressure of finals we will need Cox and Cameron in the team to be able to dump kick down the line under pressure. The AJ, Checkers and McStay combo won’t help.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.