What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Are you that bored?
Yes I was!

Waiting for hubby piss farting around before heading home!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

LOL.

I had the Grandson from Thursday arvo to Saturday morning. Loved it.

One of the definite benefits of no longer working and all the work I've been doing with the psych and GP and digging into stuff by myself over the last 6 months is that I'm far more relaxed and have a lot more patience. 12 months ago I couldn't have done that long, now it's easy.

Yeah I still have low level anxiety most days, but that's like having a cumulative footy injury that means you can't play anymore but can live life fine with the little twinges and aches a reminder of what you did rather than a debilitating injury. I'll never work in HR again, but paradoxically I'm in a better place mentally than I have been for decades.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Good foryou mate, mental health is the most important ingredient for happy.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers Jo, having enough money to get by on helps too, and now i do.

Before Easter, I lodged a claim with my super fund for early access to my super on grounds of permanent invalidity. 2 Doctors both signed off that I won't work in HR again and today I got an email to say the trustees have approved the application.

I'm officially retired with full access to my super. :D

Such a strange feeling when I read the email. I thought I'd be ecstatic but intead I had an anxiety reaction and started shaking. Had to read it 3 times to make sure. Now I've digested it and relaxed, it's starting to sink in and the smile has come.

No more sitting on my hands watching the bank balance dwindle.

Celebrating tonight with mum with some take away Italian and a bottle of wine I got given when I left the Health Service in 2016 that retails for near $150. I've never drank wine worth more than $30 a bottle but I'm going to enjoy this.

Anybody want a Holden Crewman Ute?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Just saw Dave The Man browsing. Hope you're well, Dave. Not posting as much these days?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Got an email this morning, the money I asked to take out of Super lands in my account early nexr week.

Drove to GWM Sth Morang after lunch and bought (paid a deposit) a GWM Cannon X Ute. Sorry anyone who was interested in the Crewman, I'm trading it in for 1/3 of the bull bar.

Made in China (Yeah, i know), slightly bigger than a Ford Ranger but half the price and perfect for what I want. Took one for a test drive on Wednesday, very pleasantly surprised. The 2l turbo diesel really takes off , steering is light, you don't feel like you're driving something that big.

Scheduled to pick it up next Friday after they fit all the extras I ordered. :D
think positive

Post by think positive »

Hubby says th3 great walks have vastly improved. I briefly looked at their hybrids a while back, but my heart and head want the RAV 4!

Well done, it looks amazing, what colour did get?

Hubby is struggling with the idea of retirement and it’s driving me nuts! I’m done, totalled, finished with myob and damn paying tax! I slept til 8.30am today and I make no apologies,
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I was going for the white, til I saw the Silver in the show room. Very nice so I went for that.

I've read and watched video reviews, I was in love with the Ranger but this is so much cheaper and will do everything I want.

Maxed out the extras, proper bull bar (Roos can make a serious mess of a car), tow bar, roof rack, tinted windows, one of them roller door style tub covers, ceramic paint protection and a front and rear dash cam.

First brand new car I've bought.

Go easy on hubby moving into retirement. I've learned a lot over the last 6 months, one key thing about the threat, drive and soothe emotional states. Your hubby, like many people, has been in Drive (and likely threat) for so long, he has no idea what Soothe feels like. It will take time, be patient, you can't just flick a switch and turn that shit off.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

So after my fun yesterday arvo twisting the heads off the screws trying to attach legs to the piece of timber to make something to stand the TV on, headed over to Cobram this morning to get some screws but first I had a brainwave and called into this big Op Shop near Mitre 10. Quick sticky beack, found 2 matching black wooden things with shelves, the perfect height for $6 each.

Grabbed them, got them home, moved all the stuff and side by side, with the timber on top, they make a schmick entertaiment unit. The old Yamaha Amp fits perfectly into one of the shelves, only issue was to get it in I had to disconnect all the wires first. :x One set at a time, disconnect, feed through the back of the unit and reconnect until all done. New TV has the Digital Audio jack for the little funny cable that has light coming out of it, so I was able to connect it all back up, perfect. :D

Set up the new TV, has a remote that works like a hand held mouse pointer :shock: but got it connected to the internet, scanned in all the FTA channels including a few the old TV wouldn't get. You beauty. :D
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

I got a phone call from the surgeon just now. The cancer hasn't spread beyond my trachea and is a very slow growing non aggressive type.
Next step is another biopsy (with a bigger sample taken) to just confirm how much of my windpipe they need to remove.
Still a big operation, but the outlook is very promising... f*/ken relief I can tell you!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Great news Skids!
Cheers big ears
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Great to hear, Skids. Good luck!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

pietillidie wrote:Just saw Dave The Man browsing. Hope you're well, Dave. Not posting as much these days?
He's a little tired of being shat on all the time. He supports his way, wont apologise for it, and wont tell others how to support. Unfortunately, some like to tell him that he's supporting the wrong way.

He cops less shit in the bigger BF pond.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^ Great news Skids, wishing you further positive progress with your recovery.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Skids wrote:I got a phone call from the surgeon just now. The cancer hasn't spread beyond my trachea and is a very slow growing non aggressive type.
Next step is another biopsy (with a bigger sample taken) to just confirm how much of my windpipe they need to remove.
Still a big operation, but the outlook is very promising... f*/ken relief I can tell you!
Great news, yeah it's still a big operation but better than the alternative. Best of luck with it all.