What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

The dick speeding that killed 5 people, also should never see dayligh5 again, but he was bailed? How the ****?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Whilst on the topic of the justice side of Victoria and their complete and utter incompetence…

I’m renting at, been in this place 15 months now and still get the odd mail for the previous tenant. I never change my postal address so everything still goes to Mums place given she’s been there nearly 40 years and I keep moving, makes it easier.

But recently some of that mail for the previous tenant has been from Fines Victoria and the Sheriffs department, clearly been a bad girl! So I immediately write RTS, doesn’t live here and sent it back.

Yet a few months later and they’re still coming! Surely when mail is returned they might try and investigate and find out where she is, but nope, just keep resending to the same address…

I’m fully expecting the Sheriff to rock up soon…
think positive

Post by think positive »

bloody bullshit justice system! what a joke

https://www.9news.com.au/national/diane ... -ninedaily
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Soft on crime.....but, sadly, some people support this.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Over in Perth, they're more likely to Gaol an Aboriginal teen for 3 years for jaywalking than not. There's a lot going on in that story, If I was the victims family I'd be screaming blue murder, but I'm not going to judge this one from afar.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

stui magpie wrote:Over in Perth, they're more likely to Gaol an Aboriginal teen for 3 years for jaywalking than not. There's a lot going on in that story, If I was the victims family I'd be screaming blue murder, but I'm not going to judge this one from afar.
Two families (of same ethnicity) involved in that brawl. Common occurrence right across WA.

The sentence is a disgrace.

Quail said the boy's traumatic life and brain damage contributed to his decision to throw the lump of concrete..... a direct result of so many who's parents abused drugs and alcohol during pregnancy.
Imagine what's coming with them now adding meth to the mix.

Try and fix it, you know what 'card' gets raised.
Last edited by Skids on Mon May 01, 2023 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I know the card. The authorities in Victoria are loathe to take Indigenous kids off their parents and try everything to not to (there's some very good programs available for support) yet Indigenous kids are far over represented in out of home care.

The poor bastards who work in residential care, I wouldn't do that if you paid me triple what they get, in the main try their best in a thankless task.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

https://www.9news.com.au/national/three ... -ninedaily

13 year old has killed 3 people in a stolen car.

WTF

what justice would you dish out?

the parents should be sued as well,
think positive

Post by think positive »

and the guy that broke the soccer umps jaw, that should be criminal charges.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Something little pissed me off today, I should know better.

Whenever you buy something that includes screws for you to do what you need to do, they're fkn shit quality screws :x

I bought a nice timber "shelf" from Bunnings to make a new TV stand for Toc. Can't fix it to the wall, so grabbed this 1200x300 piece and 4 screw on furniture legs.

Got up to Toc this arvo, got the shelf out, pre-drilled the holes and still twisted the heads off the first 2 fkn screws.

Put the whole fkn thing on the floor and grabbed a beer, I'll do it tomorrow.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

think positive wrote:https://www.9news.com.au/national/three-people-killed-in-queensland-road-crash/2dffc96c-e8a0-4ba6-84cf-d4323752126b?ocid=edm-nine.com.au-ninedaily--230501&mktg_scr=edm-ninedaily

13 year old has killed 3 people in a stolen car.

WTF

what justice would you dish out?

the parents should be sued as well,
Yet the Andrews Labor Government believes he is too young to be held responsible for his actions, lucky it's in QLD and some justice might be served.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

You have to balance it out, a 13 yr old boy's brain is all over the shop. Yeah a parent can and should still hold them accountable for the multiple dumb decisions they make, but prison? All that's going to do is set them on a criminal path for the rest of their life.

It sucks for the families of the deceased, no doubt.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:You have to balance it out, a 13 yr old boy's brain is all over the shop. Yeah a parent can and should still hold them accountable for the multiple dumb decisions they make, but prison? All that's going to do is set them on a criminal path for the rest of their life.

3 people are dead, another might be,
hes already set on that path, now he has to prove he can get off it
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Something little pissed me off today, I should know better.

Whenever you buy something that includes screws for you to do what you need to do, they're fkn shit quality screws :x

I bought a nice timber "shelf" from Bunnings to make a new TV stand for Toc. Can't fix it to the wall, so grabbed this 1200x300 piece and 4 screw on furniture legs.

Got up to Toc this arvo, got the shelf out, pre-drilled the holes and still twisted the heads off the first 2 fkn screws.

Put the whole fkn thing on the floor and grabbed a beer, I'll do it tomorrow.
only time we use the supplied screws is on ikea stuff, we always use better ones, we just chuck the little packets away!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:You have to balance it out, a 13 yr old boy's brain is all over the shop. Yeah a parent can and should still hold them accountable for the multiple dumb decisions they make, but prison? All that's going to do is set them on a criminal path for the rest of their life.

3 people are dead, another might be,
hes already set on that path, now he has to prove he can get off it
Exactly. Perhaps sending a strong message might deter other dickheads doing the same. You can't have it both ways.

Either the kid is responsible, or if you think the kid is too young, then the parents are responsible

At the moment, no one seems to punished.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.